Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Game of Thrones(SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Killermolls, May 17, 2012.

1. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I dont know if I like the idea of the possibility that killing the night king will destroy all the wights.
    Jon And Dany's strategy should be get to him and kill him. They need to make some saddles and stirrups for their 2 dragons so someone can ride without falling off and shoot dragonglass tipped arrows at the night king while he is riding his dragon. Dragonglass kills wights including the wight bear, can it kill wight dragon? Then once he is grounded he would be easy target for dragonglass arrows. Dragonglass kills whitewalkers, is he an exception?
    Oh and with Bran's powers they can easily scout around to find him.

• Like Like x 1
  2. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I read previously where Jack Gleeson quit acting after playing Joffrey. I hope if the threats he received were the reason behind it that he eventually returns. He has real talent.

Charles Dance was incredible. As far as I can I remember I don't believe he was even nominated for one of the major awards. He definitely earned that, as a supporting actor.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stealth

They advise starting the rewatch on Wednesday February 6th. So they're basically saying you could watch one episode per day and be ready. I could never finish 7 seasons in such a short period of time. I started around Thanksgiving and I'm just up to Season 4 now. I like taking it as a more leisurely pace.

5. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I've told this story before:
    I didnt know anything about the show and ended up watching the first 3 seasons (30 episodes) in less than one week during a free watchathon right before the start of the 4th season. I kept saying I have to watch another episode, just one more. I got up early and stayed up later than normal.

6. Stealth

I've binge watched shows and seen an entire season or so in a week but 30 episodes is pretty hardcore.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DeadBoston

DeadBoston Member

Supposedly the times are as follows...
    1)60
    2)60
    3)80
    4)80
    5)80
    6)80

• Like Like x 2
  8. Stealth

Episode 3 is the one I'm looking forward to most since it's rumored to be the epic mother of all wars battle between team Stark/Targaryen against the Night's King. Supposedly most of the episode is the battle. We're likely going to lose a lot of secondary characters in that and maybe 1 or 2 key people.

• Like Like x 2
  9. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

We're taking our time as well. We started rewatching a few weeks ago. I've noticed that every episode has subtle hints about what's to come, so I'll be paying a bit more attention to season 7 episodes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Stealth

It really does. That's made the rewatch even more enjoyable for me too. I'm more impressed now seeing it again. It's a very difficult saga to bring to TV and they were never going to make everyone happy. Aside from Dorne and some other minor things, the quality has been top notch.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Stealth

Some people thought we might get a full trailer for Game of Thrones during the Super Bowl. No such luck, but the crossover one they did with Bud Light was well done.

• Like Like x 1
  12. X-HUNTER

X-HUNTER Well-Known Member

True. But there is another one I pick up, not really a trailer but a HBO clip of highlights for 2019. It shows Daenery meeting Sansa at Winterfeld.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Stealth

60 days to go.

My rewatch is now well into the 5th season.

I think Season 4 was their best one overall. We had Joffrey's death, Tyrion's trial, him then killing Tywin and Mance's attack on the wall. There was also Baelish taking control of the Vale and Sansa evolving a bit. Oberyn was a great character too and his fight against the Mountain was one of the greatest scenes in the series.

Season 5 is definitely the weakest, and it's not just because it followed a great season. Dorne was a mess and the scenes at the House of Black and White were lackluster. Then we had the anticlimactic death of Stannis.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DeadBoston

DeadBoston Member

Yea Vlad said it was gone be epic so I cant wait. Read yesterday he's not in 801 so I'm guessing its the big picture, reunions stuff while setting up the season etc & the show goes 100mph 2-6.

Everything I've read about 803 has me as excited as I've ever been.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. DeadBoston

DeadBoston Member

Dance & Dillane were 2 of the very best imho. They were great every scene like Lena.

A lot of people dont want a RR as a spin off but thats all I want along w Targ history.
    The dynamic between Aerys & Tywin was amazing & could be gold on screen. Lyanna/Rhaegar, Harrenhal. Trident. Basically all of the great characters + some other magnificent ones. Young Varys. I could on but theres so much there.

16. Stealth

Some of the reunions though will be pretty intense. A cast leak for episode 1 has the actor who plays Edmure Tully involved. Not sure if it's accurate. He said he's not in the final season. He could've lied. If he is, I'm guessing Jaime frees him and he comes to Winterfell with everyone else. I suppose part of the Lannister army has to still be in the vicinity of the Twins too. Jaime could gather that small force up with him. And you know Bronn will join him.

17. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

It would be nice to see Tobias Menzies again. Edmure was kind of a doofus but the living can use all the fighters they can get their hands on.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Stealth

They have tied up a number of other loose ends, even if some of them have been rushed (like the Blackfish). Edmure was a more significant character on the TV side than he was, so you'd think they'd provide some closure there. Menzies though sounded pretty convincing when he said he wouldn't return to the series. Freeing him would also continue Jaime's own redemption arc.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DeadBoston

DeadBoston Member

Absolutely i cant wait for Jon/Arya & Jon/Sam. I really wanna see Arya meet Beric & Mel again lol. Bronn will join him too .. So pumped.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Stealth

And then when Davos sees Melisandre again. It makes me wonder if she might come back at first in her "older" form that we saw in Season 6 when she took the necklace off. People in the north wouldn't realize it's her.

Some people are speculating we'll get our first full trailer released around the Academy Awards this weekend. We're well overdue for one.

I'm even more excited about the conclusion of this series than I was for Breaking Bad.