Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Game of Thrones(SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Killermolls, May 17, 2012.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Hardhome!!!!!

2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Good article with Kit Harrington focusing mainly on how it was playing Jon Snow for all of these years. It was interesting how he said that 70% of the scenes he's done for the show he's unhappy with, but this last season he was pleased with his work. If you read between the lines too it sounds like he's the primary focus this last season. He said, "“I was there the whole time this year. I felt a bit like people were coming in and out, and Jon Snow was just f'ing there the whole time."

https://variety.com/2019/tv/features/kit-harington-game-of-thrones-finale-jon-snow-1203165896/

• Like Like x 2
  3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Nice article. Loved the pics of him with his new do. Long or short, he's lovely.

4. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

I finished my rewatch yesterday. Now the count down is on!

I've been reading fan theories on Reddit - who do y'all think Arya is running from in the trailer? She looked terrified.

#6725 southernlady, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Stealth

I've completed my rewatch with the exception of the Season 7 finale. Going to save that for the weekend before the premiere.

They did a nice job with the Arya scenario, because the scene before that she was speaking so confidently about how she's seen death etc.

It looks like she's in the crypts of Winterfell during that scene. Maybe they're escaping down there after things went badly in the battle against the army of the dead, or a longshot pick could be that the Night's King was able to raise all the dead from the crypts.

As for the whole battle against the NK, it would be interesting if they fought a long, hard costly battle at Winterfell and emerged victorious only to find out that the NK wasn't part of it, and that he divided his forces and pushed south. It would be similar to last season where Grey Worm took Casterly Rock while Jaime was marching on Highgarden.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stealth

And here's some of my own predictions for the final season:

We're going to see a huge dire wolf pack led by Nymeria enter the fray at a critical point.

There will be no iron throne at the end. The seven kingdoms will be divided up again as they were prior to Aegon's conquest. I see this as something Jon will be central in arranging.

I'd like to see Dany survive but when you put all the pieces together it doesn't look like that's where the story is leading.

No more than one of the remaining 4 Starks will die. The safe bet would probably be Bran, but Arya is going to be in the thick of things and has gone down a bit of a dark path at points. She could die saving Jon or Sansa.

Definitely won't survive: Jorah, Grey Worm, Cersei, the Mountain, Melisandre, Qyburn, Euron, Beric and everyone's favorite ice dragon, Viserion.

Will survive: Sam, Gilly, Sansa, Gendry, Davos, Bronn, Missandei, the Hound, Jon (75% certain). And only one of Drogon/Rhaegal.

On the fence: Dany, Arya, Bran, Tormund, Brienne, Jaime, Tyrion, Theon, Yara, Varys, Brienne, Ghost and the Night's King.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

Arya - some of the fan theories on Reddit are interesting. I hope they are wrong though!

Regarding the NK - I like your train of thought. I've read the Battle for Winterfell is midway through the season. And we know that large fires were seen on the set for Winterfell (they couldn't hide that one), so I think we can all guess that Winterfell will be destroyed. I'll admit I am a bit anxious for that episode as I think we are going to lose a few favorites there.

On a side note, just for fun I'm going to start a GoTs leader board here at work!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stealth

Miguel Sapochnik who directed Hardhome and Battle of the Bastards did episodes 3 and 5. It's 3 though that is the really big one, almost an entire episode of just a battle, the largest scale ever done for the screen. I'm guessing 5 is the final resolution, whether that's against the NK or Cersei, or both. I wouldn't be surprised if episode 6 is largely a wrap-up one since D&D are directing it. We might have a twist or two involved there though.

It's also a series that can't just end when the final struggle is over. There are so many characters and a lot to tie up. It can't feel rushed, or leaving you with significant questions.

9. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Here are my predictions for season:
    Arya will pretend to be Jamie and kill Cersei. [Jamie will most likely die fighting,redeeming himself from previous actions. ]
    Arya and Gendry will become an item,making a Baratheon Stark union that Robert wanted.
    No one will sit on throne . They will destroy it and make a council type of government.
    Since going off of books the writers have been writing fairly typical audience pleasing kind of stuff that is more predictable. That's why I am making these guesses and have for some time. This Sunday, I am going to try and bet my sister and her husband that at least 2 of these will come true. If they wont bet, I will up to all 3 coming true for me to win and 2 will be a tie where nobody wins.

10. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I thought of two out of these 3 things as well. Arya taking Jamie's face, and the council type of leadership. However, I kind of dismissed my own Arya idea because I thought in order to take a person's face you had to kill that person yourself. I'll have to go take another look at the rules regarding that. Because if so, that would mean Arya would have to kill both Jamie and Cersei, which might be a bit much to give that all to one person.

• Like Like x 1
  11. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure you have to kill the person yourself, at the house of Black and White they drank the water and died, just figured she could harvest Jamies face no matter the cause of death, so he can die redeeming himself

• Like Like x 1
  12. Neuropyramidal

That could be. I guess my thinking was since they were the ones supplying the water, it was kind of like they were killing them. I can't remember if it was ever discussed whether you can take a random freshly dead person's face. Somehow I got the impression along the way that you couldn't, and that each face was kind of 'earned', but that might just be my own impression.

• Like Like x 1
  13. zombiemom62

Arya left the waif's face behind. And there are a lot of faces, I take it from former faceless men. I think she just has a collection from her travel home. I wonder if she has Little Finger's too?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Neuropyramidal

I thought the same thing. Speaking of whom, I loved that they finally showed us his true self, with no manipulative mask, begging for his life, just seconds before he died, when he realized Sansa was going to have him killed.

15. zombiemom62

it was great when he finally figured out his fate!

16. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Arya wore a face when she killed Merant Trant. I dont know where she got it. I thought she swiped it from the face wall but I am not sure. She went blind after but I thought is was because she wasnt yet trained enough to wear a face.

17. Stealth

I believe that the person has to be someone that they killed, but not a person that you killed personally.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Stealth

That'd be interesting if she used Littlefinger's face to get into the Red Keep. You would think though that word of Baelish's death would reach King's Landing.

19. zombiemom62

they may not be communicating with King's Landing with all the going ons