Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Game of Thrones(SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Killermolls, May 17, 2012.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

If they work book elements in then we'd have reason to believe that the Golden Company won't be loyal to Cersei due to their connection to the Targaryens, but they really haven't set any groundwork for that on the show.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Stealth

Yeah I was expecting them meeting just to have a cutting comment from Lyanna to Jorah. It's sort of in the same way they had the obligatory scene with Jon offering Jorah longclaw last season. There is time though for something like that prior to the battle, or after if Jorah survives it. Maybe it'll be a more positive meeting too if Jorah does something heroic to help save people.

I'm so sick of Sansa right now. Even Kit Harrington mentioned in an interview a while back that he was frustrated with her character after filming, and that was just for Season 7 let alone this one.

• Like Like x 2
  3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I rather enjoyed that scene. Especially because watching Jon freak out on the dragon was hilarious. Lmao

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stealth

So much of this premiere was a throwback to Season 1. They had Dany and Jon enter Winterfell similarly to Robert and Cersei. They even used the same music. That episode ended with Jaime pushing Bran out the window, and then in this one we have him meeting Bran again.

Jaime is going to be shocked when Bran is nonchalant about what happened. Aside from Tyrion and Brienne, it might be the best welcome he gets at Winterfell. It was interesting too how Bran told Sam he was waiting for "an old friend." Bran must see Jaime playing a key role in the endgame.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stealth

A lot of people didn't like that scene, but I didn't mind it either because it gave us a bit of a break with all the other ominous stuff going on. I think at some key point Jon is going to have to ride one of the dragons so they got it out of the way early so it'll be an easier transition later on.

6. PepperAnn

I found it funny that every time the scene went to Bran he was still just sitting in the same place out in the cold. It felt like everyone was just “meh, he’s good” and went about their business. Lololol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

The look on Jon's face though - he could tell right away that this is not the same Bran.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. PepperAnn

Ooooh you’re right! It began AND ended great similar callbacks! I missed the Jaime/Bran - Jaime/Bran one.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stealth

Yeah Bran basically sat there all day and night waiting for Jaime. With his powers you'd thing he'd do a little better at estimating Jaime's ETA. lol

I laughed too when Sansa was being a cold, jerk to Dany at their initial meeting and there was all this awkwardness and Bran jumps in with something to the effect of, "There's no time for this. The Night King has gotten past the wall and has your dragon." Hahaha

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. PepperAnn

Oh and the look on Danny’s face!

Also LMAO on the ETA comment.

11. PepperAnn

OMG ALL THESE REUNIONS ARE SUCH A LONG TIME COMING!!!!!!!! (Even tho I just started watching the series right before last season :oops:)

12. Stealth

I hope it's just a preview thing, with one line taken out of context, but if we have to go through a scene where Jaime has to justify to Dany why he killed someone who was aptly named "The Mad King" it's going to be annoying.

But it might be worth it if Bran turned to Dany during it and said, "For the same reason Khal Drogo poured molten gold over your brother's head."

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. PepperAnn

One in the same. Also that’s an epic scene. Dany is just as ruthless.

14. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

If the dragons can fly from dragonstone to above the wall quickly enough to save Johns wight capture crew,they can fly south for a meal and be back before you know it. So at least Sansa doesnt have to worry about feeding them.
    I think that was Euron's Kraken causing the moaning.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I thought she learned a lesson way back when she crucified that one guys father that it turns out tried to stop the crucifixion of the slaves. But turns out she did not.

• Like Like x 1
  16. PepperAnn

Meh, sometimes it feels Dany suffers from an abuse of power. But it also feels necessary. I am torn. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  17. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Not only that, but Bran may see Jaime as the one who initiated his journey to becoming who he is now. Had he not been crippled, he may not have been open to the Three Eyed Crow, so he may credit Jaime as having done him a favor in a way.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

It's necessary. Not that she might make a mistake now and again but she's a young woman in a man's world. In order for people to take her seriously she has to be strong and not shy away from things that male rulers would and have done. If that includes an execution or two along the way, so be it. I never got the feeling she was gratuitous about killing people.

• Like Like x 3
  19. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

Did't Tyrion tell Dany why Jamie killed the Mad King, I think season 6? He told her the Mad King was going to burn everyone in Kings Landing with wild fire. And also that the mad king had told Jamie to bring Tywin to him, he was going to kill him as well for being a traitor and siding with Robert?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. X-HUNTER

X-HUNTER Well-Known Member

On another site, someone said that the opening to the next episode should be Bran asking Jaime to give him a push. Likewise the memes has begun.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5