Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Game of Thrones(SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Killermolls, May 17, 2012.

1. X-HUNTER

X-HUNTER Well-Known Member

As I said the whole thing was handled badly. I put in down to the frame of mind she was in, she having just receive news of a second defeat of her allies, I guess she was in no mood to forgive or listen to her failing Hand, a win by any means would have been necessary. I do not think there would be any repeat of this, now she has Jon to advise her.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. X-HUNTER

Ah yes, it is after all the story of ice and fire. Hopefully, they will learn from each other.

#6902 X-HUNTER, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

She's by far, my favorite minor character because she's this cute little no-nonsense badass for a kid! I want to adopt her and then take her around to various members of my family and have her scowl at them, judge them for their wrongdoings and give them verbal tongue lashings. lol

She might turn on me though when she finds out about my dirty deeds. I've gotta buy her a horse or something.... Let me think about this for a minute.

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

While an interesting concept, that breaking the wheel means destruction of the monarchy, I feel perhaps that’s misrepresenting what Danny meant when she said that. Think about it. This is a feudal society. There is definitely a hierarchy of power and position that is not going to let any sort of “democracy” take hold.

Before Aegon solidified the various kingdoms under his rule, they were constantly fighting each other. With all the treachery and betrayal we’ve witnessed with the absence of a strong central government I don’t see the various Great Houses sitting down peaceably to form councils that will govern all.

When Danny and Tyrion we’re discussing the wheel, he was talking about how all the great families were like spokes on a wheel. First one is up and then another and round and round. Her referring to herself breaking the wheel means to me that she is going to “break” the power of all those houses who will once again be under her rule exactly like it was under Aegon.

Knowing Dany, and if Jon was with her, I could see them recreating the “small” council with representatives of each house representing all the areas of Westeros. A senate perhaps,if you will, but she or Jon would absolutely sit at the head and have the final say.

Jon says he doesn’t want power now but he was brought up to believe he was nobody but a bastard. Now he knows his true identity and he will have to think about what he wants to do with it. Right now, it doesn’t matter because the greater problem is mankind surviving the NK’s onslaught and he understands that. Makes me think he would be a great king cause he gets the big picture. He’ll have a major role in this war and if he lives will be a hero. I think the survivors will look to him and press him to become “king” because that is what they know and are comfortable with.

#6904 purriwinkle, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

You're right, of course Dany didn't mean the abolishment of monarchy when she said she wanted to break "the Wheel".
    I took the meaning of this expression though to be more than just what transpired from that discussion with Tyrion. Something along the lines that she is going to break away from the "old ways" of doing things. Ever since Dany started out on this journey, her idea of what she wanted to achieve, what kind of role she wanted, what kind of ruler she was going to be, it all kept changing, evolving. She saw something she found unjust, (slavery) and she found a way to put an end to it. She's making up "being a queen" as she goes along. She's driven by a mixture of instinct, some strong beliefs, but also by the careful contemplation of some advice from her trusted people. Her ideas keep on changing, adapting to the new circumstances.
    So, what I was trying to say is, that she might eventually find that the iron throne belongs to the "old ways" too. Perhaps that's too progressive for the times, but maybe it isn't. These are radical times. Unprecedented things have been happening and are about to happen.

I find it really interesting what you've said about Jon. That his character has been profoundly shaped by his belief that he was a bastard, a nobody with no rights. It is definitely true. The question is how much this new knowledge of his parentage will now affect his character? Will it really make such a big difference to him? Or not? Someone who has learnt the hardest way how he must work for everything he wants to achieve in life, nothing gets given to him on a platter. And now suddenly they're telling him, that because of his parentage, he has entitlements, including his entitlement to the iron throne. My bet is that this knowledge won't change him, but it is bound to at least confuse him for a short while.

• Like Like x 2
  6. purriwinkle

Could be Dany would eventually see the IT as archaic but I doubt it. It’s been her goal to regain her family’s throne since she emerged from her brother’s shadow. She learns as she goes along alright cause she grew up as a refugee and didn’t get the experience of seeing how it was done. She only has her heart, her gut and the sage advice of those who support her to rely on and I think she’s been a quick learner. She knows what she’s been told about her heritage, and she’s felt the power she had within by hatching her dragons, something no other soul living at this time was able to do. But she never had entitlements. She earned everything she got. She should throw that all away?

Jon learned about life’s lessons the hard way growing up in the North. I think he’s gonna resist this new found knowledge at first. Jon never sought anything for himself but he accepted authority when it was thrust on him, first as the Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch and then as the King in the North and he did well in both positions. I think he’ll come around once he gets over the shock and will accept the kingship if that’s what the people want.

The question will be what to do about his relationship with Dany. I believe they do love each other. She might be more chill as it’s a time honored custom of the Targs marrying their own and ruling together, but Jon wasn’t raised that way. Maybe she’ll resent his waltzing in, usurping what she thought was hers. It’s something they’re both going to have to put on the back burner though until this business with the NK is resolved. I only hope they both survive to figure it out. I definitely think Davos got the right of it when he said (not exactly) that it was about time Westeros had two good people to rule it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

THIS FEELS LIKE A 5TH WATCH OF THE PREMIERE KIND OF DAY.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. X-HUNTER

Danaery is the one with the firepower so it makes sense that Jon would continue to support her even if Sam tries to tell him otherwise. However, if she decides not to pursue the throne or dies only then would Jon take it upon himself to make a go for it. Jon has never been power hungry and as you say, every position has been thrown at him, he will certainly make changes to the realm if he had such a responsibility. The question is, would he immediately inform her of this news? More importantly, would he inform the Northerners? How are they going to digest such news?

As to the relationship, I do not think it would be too much of a problem, it not like they intend to marry, of course, if there is the speculated pregnancy that will change. I cannot wait for Tomund to get wind of this information.

• Like Like x 1
  9. purriwinkle

It's possible that Dany would choose to support Jon when she finds out who he is by stepping down and recognizing his claim to the throne is greater than hers. After all, she was happy to support Kal Drogo and she cares for Jon. He's also content to follow her, as you say, and may not push it. Davos is the one suggesting they marry to unite the kingdom. He has no idea they're related but even if the familial ties comes out it could be a big meh because hey, they're Targs so what's new.

How Dany finds out will be interesting. Will Jon be the one to tell her? Sam? Bran? He's gonna become distant which will tune her in that something is wrong but can he get the words out when she asks what's troubling him? Or will she have to go to someone else to get the information. I think besides himself, Dany and a few other trusted friends, they should keep the big news under wraps so as not to mess with people's minds before the big battle ahead.

The only thing I cannot wait for Tormund to get is a big kiss, full on the lips, from Brienne, before they both go to face the NK, lol. Like that's gonna happen, lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I caught a behind the scenes show discussing the dragon ride, there was a partial clip of a scene that was cut. When Dany and Jon where off the dragons at the water fall, it showed Jon making a comment that it was almost like he knew where he wanted to go. The scene cut before we heard what Dany said. I guess Dany figures if she likes Jon, then by extension they should. LOL it doesn't work that way with my dogs, or I bet dragons either.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I hope he’s just going to come out with it and tell her straight away... that’s the kind of man he is. Except he literally might not get the chance, with Tormund’s imminent arrival it will be all hands on deck to get ready for battle.

• Like Like x 1
  12. X-HUNTER

There is a summary of S8 02 on the net. Have you all read it? I am thinking of copying and posting it here under Spoiler Alert. It's a good boring read and if it is fake, something to past the time. But first, I will check with Pepper Ann before she sends the walking dead behind me.

Update: I just saw a short clip of the end scene on IG. It might be the original.

#6912 X-HUNTER, Apr 21, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

If its a boring read, I hope its not true. I want a good nonboring episode.

14. X-HUNTER

S8 EP2

We now know each side's weakness. The NK and Bran. If the NK is killed, all fall to dust and if the NK kills Bran, there is a long night where he rules forever.

As we suspected Jaime was not executed but was saved by Brienne of Tarth, he goes off to seek Bran's forgiveness. Poor Tyrion, his last failure as a Hand comes home to roost time but later thanks to Jorah, Danaery forgives him and he gets another chance. Talking about Danaery, I am glad she has sort out things with Sansa, that is until Sansa asks about the future of Winterfell after this is over. Too soon, in my opinion, there will be no Winterfell after this is over. Theon arrives and he wants to fight for Winterfell, there is this look on Danaery's face that may suggest how the north always stick together or it could be her noting how loyal her allies are to Sansa, she is probably feeling like the outsider, and speaking of outsiders, I was very sad about Mellsandri and Grey Worm, the kids running off from Mellisandri, and Grey worm suggesting that when this is over they go home. I do not think they feel welcome in the North even though they are risking their lives.

Some amusing moments, Tohmund's story about his strength among a group that consisted of the Lannisters boys, Brienne, Davos and Poderick. Brienne is knighted by Jaime and a song is sung by Roderick.

A last meeting of the men from the Night's watch which is now Jon, Edd and Sam, they reminisce abit about how they met the first time at Tower Black and that whoever survives this should burn the rest of them.

We see Jon avoiding Danaery during this episode but they catch up in the Crypt and Jon tells her of his true parentage. She is obviously stun and replies if it is true, he is the last Targaryen male and next in line for the IT, we then hear the horns, as the WW is upon them, no sight of the NK but that was expected.

I was a bit sad by this episode as I felt many were saying goodbye to us. Last reunions, reminiscing and forgiveness for past wrongs. We even got a glimpse of Ghost. Come next week which is a long episode just a few will survive.

• Like Like x 4
  15. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Deleted dialogue:
    Gendry (nervously sweat coming from his brow): Ayra wwwwhat exactly do you want?
    Arya: Pretend I am an anvil and start hammering me.
    Arya : Oh Gendry! your tool is harder than Valyrian steel.

Sorry couldnt help it.
    OK! What you all think of episode? I' m interested in reading everyone's review and comments .

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I thought there were no comments yet, but yours popped up while I was composing mine.

17. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I liked this episode better than last weeks. Conversations seemed longer and more substantial. I am not as good as others in giving total synopsis so just some of my random thoughts:
    Poor Tormund keeps on trying but I think Brienne prefers Jamie.
    I am glad we finally found out something about the Nightkings motivations.
    I liked Brienne getting knighted ; if anyone deserves to be I think it is her. She strives to be as honorable and noble as possible ,characteristics a knight is supposed to possess. Plus she is a topnotch fighter. Hopefully she will help Podrick become one someday (if they both can survive).
    Tyrion hasnt seemed like his old self for a long while.
    Glad to see Ghost but couldnt they show someone interacting with him instead of barely seeing him on the sidelines?

• Like Like x 3
  18. X-HUNTER

As I said it was an episode of reunions, reminiscing and goodbyes to each other as well as us. I felt the showrunners were fulfilling the fans last wishes, like the Gendry and Arya scenes, then on to a sodid program.

Arya did not seem too happy after the deed, perhaps Poderick needs to give Gendry some tips. I agree that Brienne seems to prefer Jaime and that giant breast drink story did not win Tohmund any points, but then again I guess that is how wildlings impress the ladies. Davos himself had to take a stiff drink after that story.

Did anyone get what Sam was talking about around the round table as they were planning the attack?

I hope that Tyrion gets back his mojo at some point this season, if he doesn't it means that the showrunners are slowing writing him out. Sad. He is not going to get his last dying wish.

19. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I noticed that about Arya too. I didnt know if it was my imagination. It looked like she regretted doing it or didnt enjoy it or something.
    I was hoping Tormund would get a shot at Brienne. Like Bron said about Jamie when they were at the Frey banquet , all the women would throw themselves at Jamie and he could have his pick. Poor Tormund all he has had for experiences is sleeping with a bear and suckling on a giants breast.
    I dont even remember what Sam said at table someone refresh my memory.
    I have been surprised at the decline of the writing for Tyrion. I thought he was a fan favorite and they would pump him up. But last season they had him give all kinds of stupid advise. Perhaps wanting to make us think he is secretly backing his family?

20. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I don't think Arya regretted being with Gendry. She's just a warrior and realizes that death could be coming. Even before leaving the Hound and Beric she commented that she didn't want to spend her last night with them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1