Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Game of Thrones(SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Killermolls, May 17, 2012.

1. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

It was said that the kings who sat on the throne cut themselves a lot.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

What i mean to say is in the moment before the battle she talks about mercy. How it would be a mercy to burn kings landing in order to make the rest of the population of the 7 kingdoms to bend the knee to her.

What I mean by she isn't worried about ruling kings landing is not that she don't want the iron throne but in that moment it's better to kill thousands in order to save millions who would otherwise die opposing her.

3. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I'm afraid I can't see the connection at all. I know D&D brought this example up as well. How was Danny's relief at her brother getting killed foreshadowing that she would be killing thousands of women and children running for their lives one day? She never killed or ordered to kill civilians before. Yes, she had said she would "burn down cities" if she had to, but that was rhetorics at that stage, and clearly she didn't have to... she was already victorious.

And if my brother had treated my like Viserys treated Dany: hit me, sold me to a man and let me be raped under the name of "marriage", and told me he would gladly let the entire Dothraki army f**k me, and then their horses, just to get onto the Iron Throne, you know, I don't think I would have shed a tear either. And that wouldn't have foreshadowed anything. It would have been exactly what it was for Dany. Good riddenece of a vile piece of shit who made her life a misery.

#7763 BlackBird, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 7
  4. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Dany saw the little child holding the toy horse ,had a flashback fear of being f**cked by all those Dothraki horses so she flipped out and burned the whole city to make sure she finally burned that toy horse. I think that's D&D logic.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

I probably the only one but I've been loving this final season.
    It is not a direct foreshadowing in the sense of cause and effect. It is the first signs we see there is something not quite right about her. There are many other telltale signs but that was the first glimpse we were shown.

I thought Viserys was a piece of shit too but clearly Dany didn't as she named one of her dragons after him. I think you might be projecting your feelings upon the character.

6. BlackBird

I guess we all naturally project our own feelings upon the characters, because that's partly how we process other people's feelings. We practice empathy, but as we are trying to understand how someone else is feeling, we are examining how we would be feeling in their shoes. The two are not always in synchrony, but it is always interesting to compare, and the feelings we know best are our own.

So do you think Dany loved his brother? You didn't think she despised him? Cringed in his presence? Because that's what I remember. Promised to cut his hand off if he was ever going to raise it at her.

I agree there have been telltale signs that Dany can be ruthless. But there have never been any signs that she would be unstoppable killing women and children. That came so out of the blue, that nothing she's ever done would have half prepared us for it. She only ever killed to punish people who have wronged her or those she cared about (slaves). This time it was completely different.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Oh I am enjoying the hell out of it. It's just a few massively questionable choices recently by D&D. Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. BlackBird

Ha! Yes. These "massively questionable choices" have a way to curb one's enjoyment. But there is still plenty left to enjoy: the music, the acting, the visuals... there was also a wholly excellent episode (8x02)... There were some beautiful and some very funny moments, and some characters have gotten really good deaths. But with the best will in the world, I cannot enjoy watching Jaime waking up one morning forgetting his entire character growth, and Dany deciding murdering babies would be just the thing to make her feel better. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

You'll like Fire and Blood a lot. It's not the same sort of POV narrative that he has in ASOIAF, but it's very good. The only bad thing about it is that it ended with only half of the history told, and now we have to wait for Fire and Blood Pt 2 to complete the saga. And you know how it is to wait on Martin to finish things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Stealth

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Stealth

"One thousand blades of Aegon's enemies."

In the Fire and Blood book Queen Rhaenyra kept getting cut by the throne so often that people began to say the iron throne was rejecting her.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I don’t think they’re all dead. If you have read Fire & Blood, have you also read the main books and A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms? There are a lot of “seeds” floating around in the free cities. It’s possible that in the future one might take it in their mind to make a run at ruling Westeros like what happened in AKotSK. Maybe not, but in the main books, Dany

• Like Like x 2
  13. purriwinkle

Wasn’t it said that if anyone sat on the IT and got cut it was rejecting them? It was considered a bad omen.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Thanks for your thoughts. Although I know spoiler conversation makes PepperAnn as frustrated as I get with them when I am trying to control myself. lol

PEPPERANN, Don't look. You wouldn't be happy. Stay strong. ;):D

• Like Like x 3
  15. Stealth

Dany's brother was evil. It'd be like if Sansa hopped on a dragon and burned King's Landing down and then people pointed to Sansa's relief at Ramsay being devoured by his hounds as the first sign of her madness.

Jon threatened to kill Baelish in the crypts so if he suddenly stabs Davos in the finale I guess that was great foreshadowing there too.

Perhaps Martin will have Dany go mad in the books, but he'll sell it with chapters in the final 2 novels, not some switch being turned as Dumb and Dumber presented it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Stealth

You might be right. I just remember with Rhaenyra there was talk that it just wasn't some freak thing that she was cut, but was happening frequently.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Stealth

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Yeah.... Dany's decent into "madness" came on awfully fast and furious.

At first, I thought that she was just angry, hurt and tormented by the fact that; 1) her many Dothraki followers and Unsullied were wiped out from the Battle of Winterfell, 2) Two of her dragons are dead, AND 3) Her most trusted adviser and dear friend was beheaded in front of her. That's a heavy emotional load. Too much to bear. But even then, is that enough to drive her to madness within the course of what.... a week? Two weeks?

Despite all of that, you don't go from freedom fighter, savior of the downtrodden, and defender of the innocent to some crazed maniac who thinks that a "scorched earth" is the way to go.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. purriwinkle

I know the “Mad King” frequently got cut on the throne as well.

Now, I don’t know if I’m imagining this, lol, or I read it in the books, but didn’t Cersei keep getting cut when she sat on the throne too?

20. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

PepperAnn seeing spoilers drives her madder than Dany hearing bells.

• Funny Funny x 4