Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Game of Thrones(SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Killermolls, May 17, 2012.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I might've thought the same, but this is where the leaks saved me and kept me from being even more aggravated by his path than I was. The minute he left Winterfell I knew it was over for him and his character.

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

*sigh* what's done is done
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

ME. TOO.

Which is why I thought he was going to deliver a "comfort stab" during the comfort hug.

Which I finally got with Dany and Jon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PepperAnn

I am living for Dnae's posts in this thread. LOL :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Oh I agree.... This finale/final season is way worse than Dexter's was. Why? Well to be fair, Dexter was an amazing show and all, but it was no GoT. The expectations for GoT were much higher and for good reason.

I compare GoT more to Seinfeld. Seinfeld was one of the greatest sitcoms of all time and it went out with that horrible finale. That episode dipped WAAAYYY below expectations. Same goes for GoT.... I like many things about the final season, but it didn't come anywhere close to what I was expecting/hoping for.

My expectation for GoT was more like the final season of Breaking Bad, and amazing show with an epic ending. What we received, was a watered down, tepid, off-brand version of GoT (Breaking Bad reference, ftw!!!) SAY MY NAME!!!

#8045 Jama, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

check out Jon and Tormund's goodbye in episode 4. You may feel differently then. Jon just looked sad because of killing Dany. And I think the gate at Castle Black closing and the fact that he was leading the wildings with Tormund was because those are truly his people and he's not going to be bound by taking the black. He's not going back, and he had no reason to ride out with them other than the fact he was not coming back. Not sure what we saw him roll up and take with him, but I'm betting it along with his sword and horse was all he owned.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Jon's vow was until death, which he fulfilled the first time. He never took the vow the second time because he hit the road. Remember they only took the vow later, when he and Sam and friends went to the Weirwood tree out behind the wall?

8. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

I get what your saying and you are right.

What I should have said was that Jon's story ended where it should have ended. He was always going to be the bastard, snow, exiled, night watchman. The oath was a symbol for his destiny and there was no escaping it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

I'm pretty much 100% in agreement with what the guy in the video is saying. I thought the final season was pretty well done. Could be better sure but it was satisfying in the end.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I enjoyed his analysis as well. He explained 3 points that I had been trying to make which made me so relieved I wasn't the only one who saw things that way. I can’t say I agreed with everything he said but it was a good listen.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Respectfully I disagree regarding Grey Worm.
    (Some people here think I agree with you too much, so there. Lol)

I think Grey Worm *was* a mindless soldier following orders.
    First he was trained to follow whoever cracks the whip, than given his freedom he attached himself to Dany, and replaced his mindless loyalty to to an equally mindless loyalty to Dany. He never once questioned or challenged her, has he?

They humanised him with his love for Missandei. He explained that this was very difficult for him, because much as he loved her, he struggled with how this love made him weaker, because he was filled with fear for her safety, his focus was divided. This love gave him a way to move forward as a human being, in ways he never thought he ever could, but then losing her completely destroyed him, and pushed him back into a mindless warrior state, with nothing but blind rage and insatiable need for revenge. Then losing Dany, his commander, has just left him completely bereft. I think basically he just shut down at that point. Without a commander to back him in his vengeance, he's kinda paralysed.

Much as Missandei began to heal him, we mustn't forget that he was brutally traumatised and damaged as a child/young man. Any healing Missandei managed, was pretty much torn down with her death. This is another really tragic story with GoT.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

This would have been my preferred ending too.

I think it was very important to rebuild the city to start the healing process for Westeros. But I agree, they should have moved the capital back to Old Town, where it once used to be, I believe. Fresh start and all.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Stealth

On a much more optimistic note, in his blog George said we can expect Winds of Winter within the next year.

• Like Like x 3
  15. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Thank goodness. With the next installment of his story almost done, I wonder how it may make a difference (and it probably won’t) in how he ends the saga. With the show finishing first, he had what you might say, a dress rehearsal, and the audience did not react well to it. Could this influence him in any way? At the very least, he will do a much better job at making all the pieces of the puzzle fit together. If one thinks about it, there is so much more with prophecy, characters never introduced on TV, plot lines that were totally different from the book, etc. he might take a different tack. I don’t know if there can be a happier ending but I sure don’t want to have to tell people that it was a great read but it had a crappy ending, lol.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

You consistently have wonderful insights into GoT and TWD. I love reading your posts. <3 :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Stealth

Martin doesn't write with an outline, and goes where the characters take him. So that leaves room open to changes. He's also been on record saying it's 50-50 in the end results for the book and TV characters.

I believe we could end up having the Three Eyed Raven as an evil entity. I've watched a number of Youtube videos pointing out that the TV version of Bran/Raven looked evil as it was presented. That whole line at the end about how he came to King's Landing to become king was nefarious in itself. But we could just chalk that up to the stupidity of D&D. All in all though it's creepy to have an emotionless person as your leader.

Martin would definitely make D&D look like even bigger idiots if he did take that path with Bran. He does seem really energized now though that the story is back in his hands, and people are turning to him for the real ending.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. PepperAnn

That's one of my biggest problems with him being leader.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Stealth

Also all of those people wouldn't vote for him like that. Politics aren't that simple and Dorne and the Iron Islands would want to be independent, particularly after the North was allowed to.

I expect Martin to take all of this in a very interesting direction. He's commented about Lord of the Rings and said, well what happens after Aragon becomes king. So I think, no matter who becomes the ruler, that his books won't end right there. We'll see the results after, and perhaps some sort of change following that.

What's exciting for me though is that there are a lot of potential options from the book side, even with the stories for individual characters.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. X-HUNTER

X-HUNTER Well-Known Member

Yes indeed, GRRM seems very motivated and energised to finish the book, even daring to lock himself away in NZ if he is not done by July 2020, It certainly sounds promising, as there are characters I wish to know about their true ending. The character Stannis for one fascinates me.

TV Stannis fizzed out in a blink of an eye, one moment he was strong and commanding a large army, the next he was burning his daughter and marching off to Winterfell with a few men, even the actor Stephen Dillane was confused about his character. So the question is, does book Stannis really burns his daughter alive? Or does his wife take up that undertaking? Remember in the book, Stannis left his wife, daughter and I believe the Red Woman at CB when he went off to war at Winterfell, and there was no word from him, it was at this moment JS received the pink letter informing him that Stannis was dead as well as Mance. Cannot wait to read how this plot unfolds.

As for the Bran plot, to have him as an evil entity in the years to come would a fantastic twist. Two bits of information the last episode hinted at more to come, 1. Tyrion tells Jon to ask him in 10 years if killing Dany was the right thing and 2. That he is sure they will see each other again sometime in the future. Maybe the showrunners are well aware that Bran becoming king is not the end of the story, and they have to leave that final ending for the books because I am sure GRRM publishers know it will be book suicide to have the TV give away the whole plot ending. So who knows, in years to come, we might actually get more GOTs sequels on TV.

#8060 X-HUNTER, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1