Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Game of Thrones(SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Killermolls, May 17, 2012.

1. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

The way they left off, I could see it coming back years from now, perhaps not as a full blown series but a movie or several part miniseries. HBO is bringing back Deadwood for example and how long ago did it go off. Lots of popular TV shows have done reunion type of movies after a time because they know there will be a nostalgic draw of old audience. This has even happened in shows where the stars quit saying they didnt ever want to play the roles again.

#8061 JEA13, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Damn I gotta read these books.

• Like Like x 2
  3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Exactly! Take your Stannis example. Shireen and wife were not with him. Neither was Mel. Now ,and this is pure speculation of course, but if Shireen meets a fiery death, it will be at Mel’s hand with the aid of her mother who was not devoted to her. Maybe Mel sees something in the flames and thinks this will deliver help for Stannis from afar. Maybe it will be to bring back Jon who was stabbed last we read but not resurrected.

As for the pink letter....is what Ramsay writes the truth? The viewers will not know exactly the depth of revulsion his character churns up until they read about everything he has done in the text. From his physical description to everything he says and does, I felt like I wanted to take a shower every time I read his parts. They could only give viewers the tip of the ice berg on the show.

I am more interested in where Jaime and Brienne were when we last left them. Brienne had had a very unpleasant encounter with LSH and I think she was leading Jaime into a trap in order to keep her vow to Catelyn. Will he survive? We all know Jaime was not able to fight well anymore since he lost his hand so I doubt very much he would have been capable of all the daring do they had him accomplish on the show especially with the WWs. Will he escape though?

Will Sansa marry Harry the Heir? Perhaps she will and it is they who finally confront Ramsay. Harry might get killed in battle but when the Vale wins it will leave a pregnant Sansa behind who will deliver a son destined to be the next heir in line to Winterfell. What role will Arianne Martell have to play? Will Ageon continue successful in his land invasion and will he meet his Aunt? So many questions.....

Quite frankly, I don’t think Bran will become the King of Book Westeros....for a number of reasons. I could be wrong about that but so much is in play that events could conceivably end up quite differently. Some things will be the same, as finding out Jon is the third head of the dragon. Readers have believed that one for a long time and I think Martin allowed D & D to reveal this tidbit because fans had already guessed it. Other things will be quite different.

As for sequels, it appears we’re getting more about the past than the future. That’s appropriate. Let’s get to the end of this story in print before we worry about what happens in the future.

#8063 purriwinkle, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

HBO has said there will be no sequels, but I could see that changing in five years or so. No one ever thought we'd get a Deadwood film to close out that series. Game of Thrones became a pop culture event and most of the fanbase was unhappy with how it ended. So at some point they will at least consider providing closure.

I don't believe D&D intended it, but the trail they left was one showing that Bran was evil. He told Jon about his parentage for no practical reason, just before the Winterfell battle. He offered zero support in defeating the Night King and Cersei. In fact his knowledge could have helped prevent hundreds of thousands of people from dying at King's Landing. Then he smugly says in the dragonpit that he came all that way because he knew the council of idiots would name him king.

5. Stealth

Yeah, there's no way that book Stannis burns Shireen. I could see Melisandre doing it to resurrect Jon though. The TV series wouldn't have wanted to use this darker element to bring Jon back, but they still wanted to provide the shock of it.

We've been so focused on Martin finishing the last 2 books, but one thing that I wonder about is how he'll be able to actually close out the story in just those 2 books. He has more players on the table than we had on the TV side. It seems to me that it would take three.

• Like Like x 1
  6. PepperAnn

Did anyone watch the BTS special Sunday night?

7. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I love the idea of three books to get a proper ending but we could all be dead of old age first.

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I started to watch, but I got bored. How was it?

9. PepperAnn

Boring. Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. X-HUNTER

X-HUNTER Well-Known Member

Not only the shock of it, but also giving a reason for fans to hate the character and justify killing the Stannis character off. I felt it was the same with Daenerys, they had to do something wild that would get the fans riled up to defend their end result.

You know at the rate this man writes, we might truly be six feet under. There is a Hindu proverb that says: you will return in another life if you have unfulfilled desires. Rest assured all of us coming back for Martin's last book.

I saw bits and pieces. The part with the NK and the fans had me cracking up. They all knew who he was. Kit Harington last speech saying GOTs more than a job, it was his life.... No wonder he is insulting the fans who dare to critizise.

11. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Wait.... some people here have expressed their opinions to you about agreeing with me too much? Do these people need a life? Don't answer that.

Anyway... you made some good points about Grey Worm.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Stealth

13. PepperAnn

Well @Dnae , guess you can't joke. LMAO

14. PepperAnn

I was shocked to hear this. It's a TV show. It actually makes his live reaction during the script reading of him killing Dany all that much more sad.

I have also heard that Sophie Turner went through depression a couple years back because she read too much on the internet about her acting skills (REALLY????) and that she was too............................overweight? WHAT?

15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Huh? I am confused.

I can joke.

What did the fish say when he hit the wall?

DAM!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

another one......

why does the mushroom go to parties?

cuz he is a fun-gi!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

What's orange and sounds like a parrot?

A carrot

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hmmm probably more like a job that does not afford me so much time on my hands
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

Does anyone see it?

[​IMG]

20. PepperAnn

The raven? I read that a couple days ago.