Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Game of Thrones(SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Killermolls, May 17, 2012.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I think it would be an interesting show too. I agree it would be BAD if Martin gets overly involved cause, damn it, he needs to finish his Ice& Fire books.
    One ray of light is that Weiss and Benioff will hopefully NOT be involved at all.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

They dropped out of the Star Wars film project that they were supposed to be involved with.

I'm not sure how that relates to this, but it's still worth noting. lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

The scuttlebutt is that they were fired.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

And the rumor on THAT is that they were fired immediately after Disney execs watched the last 3 episodes of GoT. lololololololol JK

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

This is JUSTICE. A payback after a huge miscalculation. Rushing the writing on S7 of GoT, condensing the uncondensible into seven episodes and generally pissing on the concept of organic storytelling in favour of doing the "unexpected", exposed these two as unreliable writers. Yes, they've done some brilliant stuff. But they've also made a huge mess of the final season. They were like kids finishing a game reluctantly with their eyes on the new toy already. And now the new toy's been taken away. Why would they trust them to do a Star Wars trilogy that could potentially have a rushed and disappointing final film because the writers are likely to be thinking about their next project?

And of course no one wants to watch more about the Night King after S7 completely deflated and destroyed everything interesting about them.

• Like Like x 3
  6. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

You do realize they have a 100 million dollar deal going with Netflix now don't you? They would happily leave Star Wars with that kind of deal in their pocket.

7. BlackBird

No, I didn't know that. Oh well, good luck to them and Netflix then. Personally, I wouldn't dare to get invested into anything else they do. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. BlackBird

And I understand how this world works, but it is still very disappointing when art becomes secondary to financial gains.

Especially art that is loved by millions of people and then they're left empty at the end of it all.

I mean, I just don't know what to do with this entire experience of Game of Thrones now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

No, HBO is done with Benioff and Weiss. I heard though that Miguel Sapochnik who directed some of the biggest GOT episodes like Hardhome and Battle of the Bastards will be one of the co-showrunners. That's a great sign. He's also going to direct episodes 3 and 5 of the new project which is being called, "House of the Dragon."

I believe we're going to start with Aegon's conquest, which is pretty exciting.

I really enjoyed Fire and Blood and there's tons of material there for a very lengthy series.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Stealth

Their first Star Wars script was kinda confusing.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. Stealth

They generally did a good job of adapting Martin's work in the first 4 seasons when they had source material to draw upon. Book readers might have some squabbles on certain points, but overall it was solid.

The problems began in Season 5 when they started to inject their own content into the show. Yet Season 6 was very good and that was primarily their own work. In many ways it would've been better if we just left off with Jon becoming King, Cersei the Queen and Dany on her way to Westeros. That was the last time the show was very good.

I gave them a pass on Season 7 and waited to see how they'd bring the whole thing together. But in retrospect it was a jumbled mess with all the teleporting from Dragonstone to the Wall, back to King's Landing etc. We once took full seasons just to go from one location to another. Everything felt so rushed. And Season 8 speaks for itself.

So I think if they're invested in a project they can do a great job if their adapating content, and they can do passable work on their own. The question if I hired them is how can you assure they're committed? Also I'm convinced they had to be stoned when they were writing Season 8. It's the only explanation for how bizarre it all became. That wasn't just rushed content, but a non clean and sober effort.

• Like Like x 3
  12. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

If I hear about the force one more time, I am going to have to eat all the chickens.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I'm completely burned out on Star Wars. Or.... I should say "The Skywalker" component of it.

I am looking forward to The Mandelorian because there's a lot of cool stories they could explore in that universe without making Jedis and the Sith and the Force as a central story. Other than that show, I need a break from the Star Wars stories.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Stealth

You actually could make a pretty funny parody film, similar to the Scary Movie franchise, if you combined the Star Wars and GOT elements.

• Like Like x 1
  15. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

That pretty much sums it up. They got selfish and greedy. Unfortunately, fans paid a bigger price than they did for their malfeasance. At least that's how I see it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

I'm with you! The fans were cheated. Karma is good sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
  18. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I agree they were selfish and greedy but a big part also was that they are s**t as writers when they didn't have books to work off .
    I thought they royally messed up EVERY remaining character and story line in the last season.They couldn't even get one right! I started getting irritated back in season 5 when it was obvious they primarily cared about each specific scene independently ,disregarding details and characterizations established previously or after.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Okay.... yes. That is very true. They rode the coattails of George RR Martin's works and were able to churn out a very well done adaptation for premium television.

But I still maintain that it goes beyond that (which I think you already know). They made bad decisions. A lot of them. Like paring off the episode order for the last two seasons just as one example. They took active steps to wrap things up prematurely because they were hungry to move on.

I don't know... maybe that's not a fair analysis on my part, but it's what I think regardless.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Stealth

D&D had interesting comments at a recent Austin film festival. Some of it was taken out of context to make them look much worse. But they did admit that they were surprised when they were given GOT and they said that the early seasons were sort of "on the job training" for them. They weren't accustomed to a number of facets of the production involved in Game of Thrones, along with some of the fantasy elements.

• Like Like x 1