Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Game of Thrones(SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Killermolls, May 17, 2012.

1. Jama

Jama Moderator
    Staff Member

Remly didn't rape and abuse her, but Ramsay did. lol

Yeah, the last two seasons were utter crap. So disappointing. I wish there was a way that someone else could do a reboot of seasons 7 and 8 with the same cast. Then we could move on and pretend like "Bran the Broken" and about 50 other proverbial pooches that got screwed, never happened.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jama

Jama Moderator
    Staff Member

Also, D&D had the benefit of drawing from GRRM's material for the most part and I wonder if that's really what carried the load for how good the show was, not their ability to write and run the show. It wasn't until they ran out of GRRM's material that the show turned to crap, or slowly started to turn. Maybe D&D are nothing more than a couple of mediocre hacks who are only capable of producing good content if they are following someone else's road map.

Although that's easy for me to say typing from my PC lol. I'm sure if I made a GoT program, the cast would consist of sock puppets that looked like they all had Down Syndrome. lol

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

LOL, well, it's been awhile. Some of the names, etc. are running together.

4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

There were such huge expectations for the final season of Game of Thrones. Everyone had their own theories and people were pouring over old episodes to find clues on how it would end. And they dashed all of it. They destroyed nearly every character and storyline. Even the Jaime redemption arc which, would've been simple to complete,since it had been built for many seasons, was screwed up.

And the dialogue was painful. Jon was reduced to primarily three lines, "I dun wan it." "Yur Muh Queen." "The Night King is Coming." No wonder Kit Harrington checked into AA when the final season aired.

If Dany died it should've been by sacrificing herself against the Night King or in taking King's Landing. Suddenly she goes genocidal, and it was AFTER the Lannisters put down their weapons and surrendered. The bells just drove her crazy!!

The final season was like a parody of a once great show. I'll never forgive D&D. They shouldn't even be given jobs writing commercials.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jama

Jama Moderator
    Staff Member

How could you forget epic characters like the "The Hillside"? Or "The Mutt"?

What about Jordan and Celeste Lancaster? What about Brian, Ariana and Sandra Stanford?

These are unforgettable characters from the show!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Morgotha

Sure, all of them are unforgettable! Especially that one guy... you know who I mean!

BTW, I think you're mistaken about Brian, Ariana and Sandra Stanford. They were hit characters on a 70's sitcom "Stanford and San", they weren't on GOT at all! Don't worry about it, though, we all make mistakes.

[​IMG]

7. Jama

Jama Moderator
    Staff Member

No no no. As always, you've got it all wrong. Stanford-san, was the dude from Karate Kid.

Remember??? He moved from New Jersey to California. He fell in love with Molly Ringwald. Then he got beat up by some rich boys and then KAPOW!!! Mr. Sulu jumps over a chain-linked fence and kicks THEIR asses!

Assaulting minors was A-okay in the 80s btw, lol.

Anyway, Sulu helps Standford-san train in the ancient ways of Karate and then he goes to a Karate tournament and fights Patrick Swayze in the finals..... AND HE WINS!!!!

Oh, I almost forgot.... Sulu also gives Stanford-san a Ford Pinto after Stanford-san waxes it and fixes it up.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Morgotha

The Karate Kid, that brings back memories. That was the one where after the fight Swayze stole Stanford's Pinto and died in a 5 mph fireball only to come back as a ghost and molest Ali Mills, wasn't it? That was the movie that showed us how romantic being wooed by a dead man can be. What a cinematic masterpiece!

LOL, and props for Stanford-san.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Stealth

I continue to follow Martin's updates on The Winds of Winter. Last year he said he'd have a copy of the book in hand in time for the New Zealand Sci Fi Convention this summer.

Of course he's not done. In yesterday's blog entry Martin said he finished 3 chapters in the past week. Then he goes on to add this, fine comment: "But no, this does not mean that the book will be finished tomorrow or published next week. It’s going to be a huge book, and I still have a long way to go."

Then he proceeds to discuss all the books he's been reading, including a whole series by Stephen King.

It looks like the pandemic has actually gotten Martin to write again, the previous talk I believe was a lot of smoke and mirrors about what he wanted to do (like finishing it this summer). But I still don't have much confidence we're going to be seeing this anytime in the next year or so. Even though he's now secluded in his New Mexico home, he's still not fully focused.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Stealth

There's been some news on the sequel, "House of the Dragon." Apparently the pandemic hasn't delayed the planning of this series, since they've been discussing it remotely. Originally the talk was of it airing in 2022. So there's plenty of time for that if they can film next year.

What I found interesting though, and book readers like @purriwinkle will like this too, is that they are casting for Aegon and his two sisters, Visenya and Rhaenys. So, it looks like we are going to begin the story at Aegon's conquest.

Originally it seemed like they were going to start the series with the Dance of Dragons, which I thought was a huge missed opportunity. If they tell the full Targaryen history it'll be fascinating, and could almost play as an anthology series, but one with continuity as we pass it along to other generations.

Plus, I really believe they need to start at the conquest. If they want to end it in the wake of the Dance of the Dragons, fine, but we need the early period the most. After the Dance it's more of the decline of the Targaryens anyway. Although it would be fascinating to see a younger Tywin cast and see his interaction with Aerys, while he was hand to the Mad King.

I'm really excited about this series. The upside of it is that Martin is heavily involved so it'l be good. The downside is that he's involved and it'll mean we'll never see the books. But at this stage we'll have to settle for that tradeoff.

Couple of years off on this, but I'm optimistic.

My only complaint is they should call it "Fire and Blood" instead of "House of the Dragon."

• Like Like x 1