Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Game of Thrones(SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Killermolls, May 17, 2012.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

She had some of the best scenes on the show. Her character went toe to toe with Tywin and Cersei and you never felt she came out on on the losing end, even when she did, like when Jaime gave her the poison. She flipped all of it around and in her last moments admitted to Jaime she was responsible for Joffrey's murder.

The Olenna character was probably the last good death on the show too. Diana Riggs got out before the show completely fell apart in the final season.

2. Stealth

3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I agree with Mr. Martin. I didn’t watch everyone of those former debates but did see enough of them to know this one was particularly odious. Perhaps, you know who, will take this time in quarantine to reflect on his behavior. I won’t hold my breath though.

#8203 purriwinkle, Oct 2, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. X-HUNTER

X-HUNTER Well-Known Member

He is right. A President nor a Presidential Candidate DO NOT act like that, it was utterly shameful, but that is Trump for you, cannot debate, so rather cause disorder and chaos just to look strong, he is a typical example of someone where money cannot buy class nor education. Gone are the days of the great American Orators who were able to discuss the stuff that really mattered, instead we have as one paper put it "The Great American Shitshow."

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Stealth

Yeah, Martin doesn't go down the political road too often. He normally likes to blog about lighter stuff. He did comment on the pandemic earlier in the year, but more in how it was impacting him and his writing. So I was glad to see him weigh in at this crucial time.

"This was the behavior of a schoolyard bully, an obnoxious child, the tinpot strongman of some third world dictatorship."

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stealth

They've casted for King Viserys on the spinoff, "House of the Dragon." It's English actor Paddy Considine. This means that dreams of a chronlogical telling of the Targaryen history starting at Aegon's Conquest are over. We'll be beginning just before the civil war.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. X-HUNTER

Only GoT fans would appreciate this... lol

[​IMG]

8. purriwinkle

Nuts! Maybe it’s my iPad but I couldn't see the image.:(

9. X-HUNTER

I too am no longer seeing it. It was perhaps removed.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Stealth

I'll just use this opening then to trash D&D one more time.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Stealth

Some good points in this piece about what House of the Dragon needs to avoid, that Game of Thrones failed in. The only thing they got wrong is suggesting that the second part of Martin's Fire and Blood is needed to finish this series. It's not. He concluded the Dance of the Dragons in part one.

I'm still disappointed they're not starting the series with Aegon's Conquest.

https://screenrant.com/house-dragon...thrones-did-wrong-spinoff-needs-right-better/

12. purriwinkle

I thought the article was good too. Do you think perhaps that they don’t want to start the series with Aegon’s conquest due to the incestuous nature of the Targs marriages? I’m not sure that the Cersei/Jamie relationship went over well with audiences.

As we get closer to the time of the Dance of the Dragons, if I remember correctly, it wasn’t such an issue. The two “queens” involved weren’t married to their siblings, right? even though both sides were related. It was more half siblings battling each other.

The actual chapters Involving the battle for the throne and what led up to it, I thought, were very detailed and complex. They should take their time writing the scripts so the audience really understands the politics involved. It could take quite a number of episodes/seasons to tell the story properly.

Oh, and starting in the middle might necessitate some exposition that would bring the audience up to speed about some events that happened in the past and even about dragons themselves and their relationship to the Targs, Valyria, etc.

#8212 purriwinkle, Dec 2, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. SapiensIAS

SapiensIAS New Member

DominX Male Enhancement Reviews – Male Formula To Boost Sexual Libido! Price

DominX Male Enhancement Review – It is no secret that after a certain age men all over the world all bound to suffer from the loss of libido and sexual abilities. This situation usually ends up causing massive embarrassment and mental trauma to the man who has been afflicted with it and may also cause relationship troubles. Once this issue manifests itself, there is no going back and the man’ confidence along with his life begin to crumble. This is where you should be taking some concrete measures to make sure the situation can be brought under control and your masculinity is recharged again. For this, you can get DominX Male Enhancement, the testosterone boosting supplement which has been proven to treat a number of sexual ailments.

www.nutramozo.com/dx01

https://sites.google.com/view/dominx-maleenhancement/home

https://sites.google.com/site/azurehealthketone/dominx-male-enhancement

https://dominx.blogspot.com/2020/12/dominx-male-enhancement-reviews-male.html

https://www.facebook.com/DominX-107897057839053/

https://issuu.com/dominxmaleenhancement2020/stacks/8ffc85161666490388081bcbecd2f111

https://www.completefoods.co/diy/recipes/dominx-male-enhancement

https://dribbble.com/DominXmaleenhancement/about

14. Stealth

I didn't really consider that point, with Aegon and his sisters. You get so immersed in that world that you don't think of how it would practically play out on TV. During the Dance of the Dragons period Rhaenyra married her Uncle Daemon though, which is creepier in some aspects due to the age difference. That would be like Sansa marrying Benjen. The audience too still liked Jaime despite his relationship with Cersei.

You bring up a good point though. I just felt that they sort of already paved the way for that story with already having the Cersei/Jaime relationship. They could get around it by not showing Aegon in intimate situations with them. Maybe HBO shot down the idea, wanting a sure thing after the way GOT flopped at the end.

I do look forward to the new series though and if they approach it correctly, with appropriate character development and pacing, they could have a series that runs about 5 seasons.

• Like Like x 1
  15. purriwinkle

Yeah, I’m looking forward to it too. Martin includes a lot of rather “raw” material in his storytelling that might not always translate well to the screen. Talking about Jaime, with both the books and on the show, let’s face it, he was a real douche at first. He became likable because he was given a great redemption arc which in part involved his distancing himself from Cersei but I think there was always a ew factor when it came to his desire for her.

We know marrying your close relatives was practiced in RL history within ruling dynasties but modern sensibilities being what they are could make it a bit touchy. As you mentioned, they’ll have to tread lightly with Rhaenyra/Daemon but I agree they can do it tastefully.

When they actually get to the “dance”, if done right will be absolutely spectacular. I don’t usually enjoy “war” stories but I was absolutely riveted with this one. The characters, dragons, intrigue, betrayal, action, gore and everything has the potential to be every bit as memorable as the best work done on Thrones

• Like Like x 1
  16. Stealth

I'm so glad they went with a Targaryen prequel. And it's not just because they're my favorite House in Martin's world. It was smart to kill off the Long Night one. No one was interested in it. That was a tacit admission by HBO that they recognized the end of GOT as a failure.

If House of the Dragon rekindles interest in the franchise we could have some other great stuff down the line. A concurrent anthology type series would be fun. I'd also like to see more of the history of Essos. We're probably unlikely to ever see it on TV, but I'd love to see them tackle the mystery behind the Doom of Valyria. That project though would completely absorb Martin and we'd definitely never see the final book.

• Like Like x 1
  17. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  18. Stealth

It's pretty ambitious for them to be planning a 2022 release with all the pandemic issues. But we're probably going to get a lot of CGI work due the large number of dragons in this series. We shouldn't have any large battles either at the beginning of the story so they won't have those issues to work through with social distancing etc.

I'm really excited about this series. HBO knows how D&D screwed up the final season and they want to make a franchise out of Martin's world so you can bet they're going to do whatever it take to make this series a success. Everything else they're planning hinges on it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Stealth

A good/bad update on George RR Martin depending on how you look at it. He just signed a 5 year deal with HBO.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...ive-five-year-overall-deal-with-hbo-exclusive

This is great if you're just interested in the TV side of things and don't want another D&D style disaster.

The bad news is what this does to the writing of his books, primarily the completion of The Winds of Winter, and the impossible dream of ever seeing the last novel, A Dream of Spring.

Our only hope at this stage is that while writing Winds he's also completed content for the final novel. It seems unlikely, but since each chapter is by character there is a chance that once he gets going he could knock out a few in a row when writing about one person.

Do I think this is happening? Probably not, but it's the only potential silver lining. At this point I'd be shocked if we ever get "A Dream of Spring."

• Like Like x 2
  20. purriwinkle

It’s a shame too because his Song of Ice and Fire books are his signature piece of work. That’s what he’ll be remembered for if he can only complete them.

The silver lining as I see it is that he signed a five year deal which says to me he thinks he has five years left in him and as the old adage goes where there’s life there’s hope, lol.

• Like Like x 2