Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Garbage Pail Kids

Discussion in 'Episode 710 - New Best Friends' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Seems like a really fun group. A place where they have lots of laughs and make good memories.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

They were just Gimple's tribute to the Knights who say Ni. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  3. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Actually, the French. Next episode they lob farm animals at Rick over the garbage walls while members of the group sporadically yell "run away!"

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I think they have been scrounging and huffing too much spray paint. They talk like they arent the brightest bulb in the box.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I like that they weren't in the comics. We are all learning about this strange group together. They'll definitely be helpful against the Saviors.

6. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

Now they just have to get the guns from Oceanside to fight.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Apparently they were named the Scavengers in Talking Dead?

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Oh, I missed that, but I think they referred to the junkyard itself as being named 'The Heaps'

9. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I think they will turn on Rick. It's strange that she made a point to tell rick that they don't bother, they just take. Yet they are willing to go into battle with a group because Rick promised them 1/3rd of the stuff they get from the battle? Doesn't make sense.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

At least Iceanside would have some remotely justifiable reason for being included in this season. IMDb rated it as the worst episode in the history of the Walking Dead (and that includes Fear the Waking Dead, btw).

11. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

A horrible group that feels like something weird out of a surrealistic sci-fi show in a post apoc setting.

• Like Like x 2
  12. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

The garbage patch kids are dumb/weak writing. So they survived the zombies, wolves, didn't go to terminus, survived all the random looters, and pillagers. And never ran into the Saviors? Seems like a stretch, but hey the dead are walking, why get hung up on a little thing like plausibility.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Steppin' Razor

My first thought was "Nice, plenty of cannon fodder for the war!"

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Why is it so hard for people to believe the Saviors existed this long to grow into a massive group but that other groups can't? If they focused on stealth and stayed in the huge garbage dump area, I can see it happening. Who is to say they haven't lost countless lives in clashes?

Also remember how long Alexandria survived without anybody messing with them. If it happened to Alexandria why not happen to another group?

Why would they go to Terminus, which is like 600 miles away? If you can't remember that terminus was near Atlanta and that they are near DC, you have no business critiquing the writing because it's clear you aren't paying attention to the writing in the first place.

They clearly out number the wolves who also had no guns, so it's pretty easy seeing the wolves not ****ing with them.

#14 Spidey, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

The bigger a group grow, the easier they are to be found.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Is it only me that thought they made these people into a bunch of gutteral, illiterate people? I mean they did not talk in cohesive sentences. Almost reminded me of Jodi Foster in that movie where she played a backwoods sheltered girl who made up her own language. No one else talked? And when Jadis did it was in cryptic sentences that made it look like she just learned english? And despite surving this long (according to them), they forgot to form sentences? I found their communication very bizarre and out of place.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Half.

It was really weird, I can see it happening to a point but not with such a large group... Once things get weird groups usually stay small, like the claimers.

The other thing is, that was a megahoard... I can't see even the most avid 'takers' ever accomplishing such a great hoarding job, that would take 100 years... The only thing I could half figure was they took over an already-established junk yard but that didn't work out either because they had piled cars on one end and appliances and household garbage and just everything... And then these walk ways in between it all...

Very strange.

I will say thou, very creative.

They did have their own language, and it is quite possible in total isolation but again not usually in groups this large... Smaller groups (8 or less) for sure, but not 20 or 50...

And yeah I had to rewind numerous times and with Captions ON to be able to 'get' their lingo, even then...

When Jadis said "Show Rick Up, Up, Up" I was like WHAT?
    I rewound 15-seconds three times :D

18. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Is it established they have a full on a language with verb structure etc or it just a few funny phrases? I got the impression of the latter.

I'm beginning to understand the purpose of those bottle episodes. We'd probably see these exact same reactions of the Kingdom if it didn't get some expose like that.

19. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

I thought their names were curious. Winslow is perfectly normal (although somewhat out of fashion), but the other names I caught were Jadis and Tamiel. According to Wikipedia, "Jadis is the main antagonist of The Magician's Nephew and of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe in C.S. Lewis's series, The Chronicles of Narnia. She is commonly referred to as the White Witch in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, as she is the Witch who froze Narnia in the Hundred Years Winter." Also according to Wikipedia, "Tamiel ... is a fallen angel, the fifth mentioned of the 20 watcher leaders of the 200 fallen angels in the Book of Enoch." So one's a witch, and the other's a fallen angel. Doesn't bode well for Rick & Co.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

In The Magician's Nephew, Jadis (aka the White Witch) utters the Deplorable Word.

Not that that means anything in particular. It does make me wonder if that name was chosen for a reason.

#20 westwingnut, Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017