Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Gareth blamed Bob alone for Termites Situation

Discussion in 'Episode 502 - Strangers' started by FutureApocalyps, Oct 20, 2014.

1. FutureApocalyps

He specifically told Bob when recaptured that the Termites were in their current situation because of him (not Carol, Rick or the other escapees) and referred to Bob's recapture as irony.

I believe Bob has a past with the pre-cannibal Termites and left when they moved towards cannibalism. Seems that Bob in utter stupidity didn't tell Glenn, Maggie and crew about Terminus likely thinking that they could convince Gareth to support them in a trek to D.C. with the "cure".

Abraham narrated in this most recent episode (Strangers) opening that as soon as they started talking about D.C. that Gareth and crew went "sh_t crazy". Probably shocking Bob the most.

Gareth repeatedly referred to Bob by his first name, but didn't any other captive. Bob and Gareth have a past, but as the AMC character section of their website stated"Bob has secrets. He is fighting his own demons, and struggles to control them."

Bob's probably trying to drink away the guilt and shame of previously being a cannibal before escaping Terminus.

b has secrets. He is fighting his own demons, and struggles to control them."

Bob likely is trying to drink his cannibal participating guilt and demons away.

#1 FutureApocalyps, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  2. mfinley

mfinley Member

#2 mfinley, Oct 20, 2014
  3. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

It is all Bob's fault. I hope they put him in a slow cooker. What do you think 7 or 8 hours of good roasting?

4. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I don't think that gareth blames bob specifically over any other members of the group. when he said "you took our home" he was implying Bob and his group. If they rest of the group were there, he probably would have said "you guys took our home." also, he probably knew bobs name because they came there peacefully at first and probably introduced themselves. As for gareth referring bob by first name and no one else, who else has he been shown talking to directly besides bob and rick. I guess when they first get to terminus but not since then

5. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I guess this is the new debate lol... It would be interesting if Bob actually did know them before but it wouldn't make sense for him to lead his new ppl there knowing what would happen. i kinda like the idea tho of him having a history with Gareth since now we'll probably never find out about the 2 groups he was with before so it would be cool for Gareth group to be one of them. I don't see it happening tho. My theory is as a lot of other ppls are that gareth just meant Bob and his group were responsible for the fall of terminus and he know bob name because they had spoken to them when they 1st arrived.

6. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I also find the idea intriguing, but I think Gareth was just referring to the fact that the hunters found Bob's group before they found anyone else.

7. Jack Windham

Jack Windham Member

Now that you mentioned it, the theory is harder to believe because Bob really wouldn't put the group in danger by leading them to Terminus. As far as knowing his name, Gareth and his scouts probably heard it when they were monitoring the group.

8. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I also thought Gareth was making it personal with Bob, and wondered how he knew his name?

9. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I also think this is partly Gareths Hipster personality and that by using his name he thinks he seems more believable and impersonal somehow?
    It really is just more cruel telling Bob it is not personal but then using his name at the same time.
    There are some people who just use that form of dialogue seeming to present themselves as civilized even while they clearly are Psychos and Gareth certainly qualifies on that count!

10. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

There's another thread on this topic as well but it's a bit of a stretch. I could see how people are coming to this conclusion, but it's actually reading too much into the situation.

Also, he wasn't blaming solely Bob for what happened at Terminus, but was actually referring to Bob and his group as a whole.

#10 Bassman, Oct 20, 2014
  11. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

Maybe Gareth checked Bob's wallet after he knocked him out.

12. FutureApocalyps

Ok, why did Gareth say specifically to Bob, "It is a kind of cosmic justice that we captured you".

Why would catching Bob and not any of the others be cosmic justice if they didn't have a past together?

13. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

They do have a past together. Bob and company were held captive by Gareth and his people.

I think Gareth considered it cosmic justice that his first meal on the road comes from one of the group of people who destroyed his home.

14. Grimoire

Grimoire Member

I loved the idea and theory of Bob being a mole and having some kind of past with Gareth. But I just watched the episode on german television and they changed one little part. In the dubbed version Gareth said: "du und deine Gruppe (= you and your group)". Oh dear, it's not really a worthy information but I just wanted to tell you :zombies_lol:

15. hgigh

hgigh New Member

Actually, I think it very worthy information. It answers a lot as to what Gareth meant.

16. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

I think he just meant one of the group and not some random dude out in the woods. It could be they didn't know the group was nearby until they nabbed Bob.

17. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

No, I don't think he blame's Bob for what happened.

I think he just think's it's ironic, and a bit of cosmic just not only because he was involved with the fall of Terminus. But also, because Bob was most likely the only one Gareth had any real conversation with. Gareth had taken the time to learn his name; they appeared to have a report; espeically when Gareth said-"I told you; can't go back Bob."-like they already had the conversation before. I can guarantee that Bob was the only one who attempted to negotiate. So, because of that, Gareth finds it ironic that the straggler he's able to grab is Bob, because Gareth, in his sick-hipster logic, feels like they almost had a brief, but genuine relationship.

18. Indisposed

Indisposed Member

Yeah, I'm willing to bet that Bob was apart of Gareth's group at one point or another

19. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I can totally see this. Maybe Bob wanted Gareth to play the 'negative/positive game'? :zombies_lol:

20. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I've given this some thought and come to the conclusion that Gareth likes the way things are now. Why else wouldn't he listen to reason, or even care that Eugene knows a cure? Gareth has power that he didn't have prior to the apocalypse, why would he want to lose it? Nothing can convince him "you can come back from what you've done" because he doesn't want to, plain and simple.