Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Gavin.

Discussion in 'Episode 713 - Bury Me Here' started by Chr1s, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Sully

Sully Active Member

I actually disagree with the people who think Gavin is more of a rogue savior. If anything I think he's the most like Negan, he has a code just like him. Negan might even trust him more than Simon.

I believe Negan would have reacted similar to how Gavin did in that situation. Maybe with more of a sense of humor about it.

I will agree though that Gavin seems to have more of a connection to who he once was more so than the other Saviors. Some Saviors come across like they were always low life criminals. But Gavin seems like he used to be a father, or dentist, or something normal once long ago.

• Like Like x 1
  2. NoMora

NoMora Active Member

Right, as is implied by demanding just one cantaloupe, the missing one, not double or four or whatever.
    He made clear that the Kingdom had to strictly stick to the rules and hold their side of the deal 100% without any option whatsoever to negotiate.
    To deliver just one cantaloupe instead of more for compensation wouldn't make sense in the normal world, except for two reasons:
    - the purchaser doesn't need a compensation and is chilled because sh** happens
    - the purchaser doesn't want to rip off the deliverer

Here, the Kingdom has to comprehend that there is no room for mistakes, no way to negotiate and to reinstate. It's all about suppressing them by making them focus on doing exactly what the Saviors say, whether it makes sense or not. No grey, just black and white.
    When being focused on pleasing the Saviors and doing the job perfectly well, one has little to no time thinking about a way out. The Kingdom is supposed to be there to serve and to forget about all sovereignity.

As I said, Gavin surely has this job for a reason and it's not because he is such a lovely cuddly toy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Well, the Sanctuary is full of people being held against their will (the workers, the wives, Eugene) so not everyone deserves to die. Not sure what happened in the comics but if the Saviors are defeated, I would assume the workers & captives would be liberated. Maybe they will be forced by Negan to fight against the survivors or used as collateral damage but hopefully that is not the case. Maybe Eugene and Dwight will be able to start a rebellion with the workers and a few Saviors.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I would tell my soldiers, if I was one of the leaders in Ricks alliance to kill all men in the Saviours community. Every single one. Probably need to kill all women to. Cause those men will be their husbands, fathers and brothers. Most of Negans armed people are psychos either way. The whole community is sick. Every single one of his soldiers show no remorse but maybe Gavin and Dwight.