Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

General Preacher Discussion

Discussion in 'Preacher' started by Neuropyramidal, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I definitely need to rewatch the season now that i have a better grasp of what went on. I had forgotten many of the scenes they mentioned! I spent the first episode or two like:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Tom Cruise exploding!! Loved that. Oh how I laughed, and then when I found out he got pissy about it, I laughed even harder.
    Tulip in the cornfield, and then talking to the kids. I like how at first the little girl wasn't too sure about her, then by the end was amazed by her.
    The hotel room fight. Amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Oh YAY!!! He got pissy about it! I was hoping that would happen. Off to google!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Little things that I loved:

Tom Cruise exploding - that was hilarious

When Tulip rammed that corn cob down that guys throat. I knew in that instant that she and I were going to get along famously (well at least in my minds eye we get along famously)

The look on Cassidy's face when the vampire slayer wanna be douses him with holy water. Having been raised by a very VERY devout Catholic mother (we had holy water "dispensers/holders" at every door and were made to sign the cross on us with the holy water as we entered and exited the door) I found this bit to be extremely funny.

My heart broke when Sheriff Root was asking if anyone had seen Eugene

The two angels in the diner. I could watch the bit time and again when the shorter angel (Deblanc?) says to Jesse "then yeah its a baby". It is the way in which he delivers and the tone with which he delivers that line that make it snarky, funny and I giggle each and every time I hear him say it.

Speaking of babies -

Hands down my favorite line of the season does not come from Cassidy but rather from Tulip:

"...and you made a baby cry" I know that no matter how many times I watch that scene and hear her say that I will always ALWAYS laugh

#24 Dnae, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Yes!! I love reading others favorite - because I know that someone is going to mention a moment that I forgot about. And this happens to be one of them. I thought this was such a sobering moment

6. PepperAnn

Sobering is a very good word for it. I like that they make us laugh and grimace/blanch at the same time. lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

Holy hell, me too!!!!!

It's impossible to choose which one is best, kudos to the writer for being able to rank them at all.

Unlike anything on TV, hell in movies for that matter. As brutal, funny, dark, shocking, as the series has been, imagine if it had been on HBO or a pay channel.

I have been travelling a ton, thanks for remembering me [MENTION=17192]Dnae[/MENTION]!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Still playing catch up with the show. I have the final two episodes left. I was going to binge watch but I'm enjoying the slower pace and don't want to rush through it. Really like this show.

9. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

10. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The scenes with the cowboy are some of my favorites.

Jesse breaking into Linus' house. "Hey! You can't just come into my house and..and..and...turn the tub on!"

The prostitute with the ball in her mouth trying to handle the machine after Pappy dies with a smile on his face.

Tulip getting Walter's pants back.

Clive slowly walking back to the Meat and Power group "Preacher shot my dick off. See. It doesn't really hurt right now. There will probably be tons of pain in awhile, but not right now. Right now I'm okay. Look at the little guy, just kinda....restin there"

The scene with Fiore and Deblanc practicing the phone call to heaven. "Hello! Its me, Fiore! There's been a slight security breach! A slight massive security breach! Just massive security breach"

There aren't too many scenes in this show that aren't memorable.

11. PepperAnn

The bathroom scene with Fiore and Deblanc! Yes! That's actually the scene from the previews that made me curious about the show. Can't believe I forgot all about it. lol

Goes to show you there's TONS of great stuff.

12. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

Yeah, that scene was just so WTF? in those commercials, it really made me want to watch.

13. Neuropyramidal

If you add up all the red letters on the church sign variations, I think you get:

ULOIGFIHURRHSMAGR

This is an anagram of

High Fus Grail Rumor.

14. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

I dunno; I think it might mean literally "uloigfihurrsmagr," which as everyone knows translates in some dialects of Swahili to "if you say O-R-A-N-G-E really slowly, it sounds like 'gullible.' "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. PepperAnn

LMAO!! :zombies_lol:

The last two posts were such a random splash of letters on the screen. Some formed words, some didn't. All of it made me laugh. lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Blu Ray Season 1

I just pre-ordered my Season 1 Preacher blu ray from Amazon! Come October 4 I can watch and watch and watch and watch until season 2 finally arrives!!

[​IMG]

17. tink

tink Well-Known Member

18. Neuropyramidal

19. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

20. tink

tink Well-Known Member