Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Generic Drugs

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lindigo, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I was raised believing generic drugs matched brand-name drugs in all essential matters. This investigator reaches alarming findings about the FDA's inability to do adequate testing of generics overseas and accepting their proffered results instead. The frauds include such things as their running the brand-name drug through tests and then presenting the findings as being for the generic drug. Companies such as CVS will buy whichever generic is cheapest. It makes me want to pay the extra for brand names for everything except aspirin....
    But the cost of doing that would be crazy.

https://www.katherineeban.com/

2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I usually get generics and am not worried about effectiveness in general if it's something under the umbrella of the FDA. LOL, with anything coming from China though, you never know what will be found out later.

An exception to that is in creams, such as steroid creams where the effectiveness is only partially from the active agent, and partially from the cream itself getting the active agent where it needs to go. This would apply to other agents like this as well. With these IMO it's worth popping for the brand name.

As a funny aside, my daughter did a comparative test of antacids for a science fair project one time, and the generics actually worked better than the name brands. Go figure.

• Informative Informative x 1