Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Georgie

Discussion in 'Episode 812 - The Key' started by Terminator, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

That actress looked so familiar last night and I couldn't place her. Then I remembered her as being on 24 for a few seasons and then House of Cards. Excellent actress.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I liked her on House of Cards so I’m excited to see more of her as she portrays Female Milton. Odd group but very intriguing. She’s gotta be a recruiter of some sort for some “advanced” community (like a better Hilltop with the windmills etc)

3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I find her character jarring. She is from our world, not theirs.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

She's interesting because she shows that not everybody left in their world needs to kill or be in constant conflict with others in order to survive.

I'm hoping it shows what I believe, that the post apocalyptic world is always shown to be this hostile world where people are killing one another for supplies. I think that's wrong. I think the world would be much more peaceful than how it's usually shown in these types of stories.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

She must be spying on the Hilltop for quite some time before making this move of 'friendly' gesture. She is unlikely the one to do the stealth observation but some other members of her community. After a good report, then she makes the move to approach the Hilltop. This cannot be a pure random act. It is a well prepared and well thought out move. Imagine what Negan would have done to her if she makes a similar move to the Sanctuary. She would be told ''all your belongings now belong to Negan, including the van. Now, lead us to your community...'' In fact, her calm demeanor is probably due to her having a very strong backup force. If she does not return to her community by a certain time, I bet a powerful force will arrive soon.

To me, she is a much more advanced version of Deanna. Remember Deanna began to draw up plan of a vegetable garden for self supply? I think, this woman looks like her community has already done that and much more, with the knowledge of that book.

BTW, her 2 bodyguards remind me of the twin henchmen in the Matrix Reloaded (with their similarly styled sunglasses)

#5 Blueman, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Reina

Reina Active Member

She is so reminiscent of both Negan and Deanna. Same story, different chapter. I like her, though. She was very confident, and I think I could take her backup bodyguards. She wasn't worried in the slightest.

7. Sully

Sully Active Member

She doesn't seem broken enough to be honest. Just like Deanna wasn't...all her family was still alive.

You're not real in this world until you've seen everyone you love die. Maggie and Rick are the stronger leaders because of it.

8. gavuk

gavuk Member

I like her and the odd security duo because I'm intrigued. She's giving away knowledge... Again I'm not getting it because any survivor from any community could get that info.... It's called a library!! Overall (at present) she appears to prove that being good is better than evil/killing.

As an aside did the duo have weapons/guns when frisked?

9. Benzel

Benzel Member

Yep, Rosita and Enid took their guns

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

10. Terminator

Wow. That seems pretty harsh. Doesn't say much for the future of humanity if some world wide pandemic did occur. I prefer Sebrebc's post "I think the world would be much more peaceful than how it's usually shown in these types of stories." TWD is made this way it is for the action content. I'd definitely hope it wouldn't be as violent in reality.

• Like Like x 1
  11. tsahi

tsahi Member

Not quite. You can read about mills and aqueducts in the library, but I don't know how likely you are to find detailed plans to build them.

12. Lindigo

In a real world apocalypse, it might be wise to relocate to a university town and hope some of the engineers, M.D.s, agriculture experts and so on would be survivors. Plus, they are already used to a secondary community thriving within the main community.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Sully

Sully Active Member

It's funny how prisons always seem to fall fast in these shows, but they're more like total institutions than anything. And what about military bases? Why do they always go down so quickly?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lindigo

Probably the military bases are wasted because everyone is sent out on dangerous missions.

Prisons.... Death by starvation? :eek:

15. Sully

Sully Active Member

I guess I also imagine a lot of refugees would head to military bases and it would be hard to control all of those civilians in a panic and it's eventually overrun that way

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it is because they are as good at keeping people in as out!
    When the Dominoes of Death start to fall no one can get out of the way fast enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Terminator

Oh, now you're just being logical. No room for that!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

The book she gives Maggie is another example of how the "tv apocalypse" is much different than how it would be irl.

It's a book that contains information that can be found in any library. We've seen libraries so we know they aren't touched. If I was trying to live in that world, that's one of the first places I would go. I don't have the first clue how to build a windmill, set up solar panels, or clean and butcher a deer. But I could find that info in a library.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

My memory is fading but I think there was a group of survivors staying in a library who were all killed by the Wolves.

20. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

They were killed by the saviors. Simon took the last survivor of the library group and hung him from the highway overpass to give Rick's RV group a message.