Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Get Them Back or Grow Some Back Glenn

Discussion in 'Episode 507 - Crossed' started by RicksDick, Nov 24, 2014.

1. RicksDick

RicksDick Member

Maybe its just me but Glenn is becoming more and more of a Beach each episode.

He never seems to pull his gun out or waits for his wife to do it, always trying to talk people down or go against what he has said in past episodes.

He is becoming less and less important as a character and it is sad to see.

He is way too lovey dovey all the time, I see him in the real world being that kind of BF that asks all the time "are you mad?" or "are you okay?" or "what are thinking about...?"

ughhh toughen up a little bit and move on. or if your worried about your gurl all the time take her with you when you go and do stuff.

anyone else agree?

2. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

I completely agree. Glenn is a case where the character development has been terrible. He's simply boring and if he keeps progressing the way he is I will throw him in the useless category with Rosita, Jimmy, and Patricia.

3. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

But but but I like beaches.

4. FISH

FISH Member

Maggie is 100% wearing the pants at the moment, it says it all that he went off on the water run with Tara and Rosita and Maggie stayed back to keep an eye on Abe and Eugene

5. mfinley

mfinley Member

Not everybody is a warrior, in a group where you have enough warriors who are capable of taking care of business on the front line, it would be easy for someone to throttle back when he could without putting anyone in danger. Glenn has shown he is capable of stepping up when he has to, he's also the character where that isn't natural for him, it doesn't come naturally, so it's good character writing and development to allow him to not be a bad ass all the time. There are lots of different personalities in real life, not everyone is a cartoon or an online level 10 badass like in a video game.

6. Monitor Man

Monitor Man Member

Maggie ruined him. She's the hot girl of the show and is obviously going to get way more screen time than her hubby

He was so much better prior to getting together with Maggie, and they should've kept it that way. Does EVERYONE have to have a "love interest"? Jeeze....

We need the Glenn that

We need THAT Glenn to comeback. Heck, though many here may disagree, I prefer that they kill Maggie and turn Glenn into a badass again.

7. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Yeah, Glenn! Be a stereotypical macho man! Tell your wife to shut up and do the laundry! Relationships where the characters love and respect each other are BORING!!!! ASSERT YOUR DOMINANCE AND APPEAL TO THE MALE AUDIENCE DAMNIT

8. Zombies101

Zombies101 Member

I love you.

9. Elly F.

Elly F. Member

Glenn is definetly one of if not my fave. I've always been able to connect with his growth from beginning to present and quite honestly I feel he's the most believable of characters. like u said he has shown he's willing and very capable of stepping up and I don't really find it necessary for him to be all suns out guns out all the time. I do agree it gets a bit mushy between him and the wife, but hell, the man has purpose. Its endearing and sweet and keeps him the level headed thinker that he is.

10. Indisposed

Indisposed Member

Rick is a bad ass. Daryl is a bad ass. Abraham is a bad ass. Hell, Carl is even a bad ass

Glenn doesn't need to be a bad ass to be an effective character. Maggie and Glenn are the only true love story on the show, and Glenn is the voice of reason of the group. Him and Maggie don't even interact/get lovey dovey or have scenes completely dedicated to them that much anymore.....I don't see why people hate them being together.

11. Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside Member

He just needs some kick ass scenes again hes not really been a huge focus for a while.
    Give him his body armor back and let him have an action scene!

12. Jato

Jato Member

They don't need to make him more badass, just give him some lone scenes. Or scenes of Glenn and Maggie being badass together. Give him a Daryl vs Cop type scene, throw in a few geeky references again and I'm a happy girl.

Glenn's the mediator and voice of reason. With all the hot heads around, he keeps his cool and uses logic. While I miss Season One Glenn, I definitely don't want him reverting back at this point. He's still one of, if not my favourite characters on the show and a lot more relatable than guys who choose temper over reasoning.

13. Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside Member

Yeah Glenn was kick ass but in a very intelligent logical way, i miss this he was kind of a cross between Eugene and Daryl

14. RicksDick

RicksDick Member

Very true, throttle back would be nice but not come to a complete stop and put the Parking brake on! He seems to care less by not being a decision maker.

Wow! So when we are asking for a character not to be B!tch all the time, it doesn't mean he needs to act like a "Macho Man" either, just get back to being somewhat important in the scheme of things.

But you go ahead and feel free to pander to the feminists, girl power, all men are pigs crowd on here. Good for you.

Like this thing

Its endearing and sweet? its the zombie apoc! Be a team player, Be a good leader and make decisions while Abe is down for the count.

He is believable but i fear he becoming less relevant so that his death can happen and not affect anything.

Doesn't need to be a bad-ass but he needs to be relevant. which i feel he is becoming less of. He is too fluffy and "asking for permission lil boy who will end up sacrificing himself for Tara for some stupid reason.

15. Necrophile213

Glenn used to be the guy that Rick went to when they were in a sticky situation. Namely on the Merle rescue mission. Rick even said that they were following Glenns plan completely. Daryl in his own showed how impressed he was with Glenns planning when he asked what he did before. Now Glenn is a sissy and chickens out in those kind of situations because he's to afraid of taking a risk that might not allow him come home to Maggie. What would be so horrible about showing him and Maggie on more dangerous runs together. Maybe even trying to outdo each other. That would allow them to have their relationship onscreen and it not bore me to tears.

16. RicksDick

RicksDick Member

Yes YEs YES!

Glenn could still be that Plan guy, work together with Eugene to come up with plans for the other "badasses" to handle. and I love the idea of him and Maggie working together more and trying to outdo each other.

well done good sir.

17. Charmander

Charmander Member

He's been like this since S2. Both characters are better off separated imo.

18. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

19. Zombies101

Zombies101 Member

It's funny that when Glenn did kick ass, lead, take charge, fans complained that's not who he is. When he stands as the voice of reason, it a more subtle hero, is a peacemaker, is not allowed to fight or outshine our three alpha white males, he is still trashed. He's not Rick, Daryl or Abe, yet we need a Glenn to balance them out. He dosen't need to compete with his wife or anyone else for that matter.

20. Necrophile213

For example. The scene where Glenn comes out of that building and says that he found three silencers. It would have been far more interesting had they shown him and Maggie going in together(she used to be the supply run girl, too) and him finding something and then her topping him. Their romance isn't going anywhere so they should at least make their scenes together interesting.
    Glenn had a pretty solid season 2. It wasn't until 3 that the plunge began, IMO.