Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Get Them Back or Grow Some Back Glenn

Discussion in 'Episode 507 - Crossed' started by RicksDick, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

It wouldn't have hurt anything, either. It's not seeing little things like that we are talking about. Glenn speaking up for Maggie wouldn't have changed the way that Abe reacted, but him doing nothing makes him look too weak. I'm not saying that he should have jumped all in his face, but just him standing up and showing some support for Maggie would have been a good thing, IMO.

2. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

On that note, let's just remember that Glenn actually has gotten in Abe's face a few times (last season and this season) and stood up to him. I know that's not what you were saying, but I just thought it'd be good to point that out.

But yes, you're right. Glenn could have backed Maggie up then. It would have shown some unity. Though, I like to think that in that moment, nobody knew what to do. Abraham had kind of lost it and they weren't sure if he was going to hurt them or how to handle him. Maggie was the only one willing to make such a bold move and point her gun at him and tell him to chill out. I think everyone else was kind of shocked. But that's just me...

3. Necrophile213

Good point and an acknowledgment of him standing up to Abe earlier on was definitely fitting.

One thing I miss about Glenn is how well he used to shine under pressure. It can be argued that he handled pressure far better than Rick in the earlier seasons. It was like while all the leaders are scratching their head wondering what to do Glenn just had the solution figured out almost immediately. He's always been a person that see solutions amd I can see where that still is applicable to his peace making as of late. I just hated seeing him freeze up like the way he did in the gunfight with Dave and Tony's group and just now with not knowing what to do with Abe. It can be argued that it makes him human and that's fair, but I would have personally been really worried about how Abe was going to react and would have wanted to speak up or at the minimum have myself as close as possible to put myself in between them if Abe made a move.

4. Lauri

Lauri Member

I bet most of you complaining about how Glenn isn't manly enough wouldn't last 5 minutes in a ZA.

Personally, I would hate it if every single male character on the show was exactly the same. Everyone already complains about how boring the show is, how do you think you'd feel if every character had the exact same personality?

5. Necrophile213

If it's not race baiting its personal attacks. If you can't handle criticism of Glenn without getting all upset then why come to a thread that you know is doing just that? You don't know anyone here so you're not in a position to assume anything about how long any of us could survive in a ZA

6. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Yeah I really don't get the Glenn hate - it's pretty stupid honestly. He's proven himself to be very resourceful and badass in his own right.

I mean ffs he fought off a Walker while taped to a chair, and after being beaten within an inch of his life! He Figured to use the bones of that Walker for shank weapons to attack the guards with. He has smarts and know how, and has a kind heart that is supportive towards people.

He went after Abraham when he told him his wife was dead. When he grabbed Eugene and pushed Tara away, he went after him, too, until Eugene blurted out he wasn't a scientist and made everyone stop what they were doing. So how anyone could say he didn't do enough, is beyond me. It just so happened that Maggie was right there when he lunged at Rosita, and so she acted fast and put her gun on him. I'm sure Glenn would have done the same, if not actually got in between them, and wrestled/fought with him had anything more happened! I mean seriously - it seems people are picking apart an anthill and bitching about the fact that there are ants there... It's damned stupid!

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

haha, well based on the statistics built into the show, 4999 out of 5000 of us wouldn't make it too long.

But I honestly think that in a ZA, physical strength might be less of a factor for survival than just having a smart plan and a fortified place to live.

8. BellyUpFish

BellyUpFish New Member

Glenn's gonna shack up with Rosita.

9. ellisfella

ellisfella Member

Eeeeeeeeexactly!!

10. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Going out on a run was more dangerous than staying behind to tend to Eugene and make sure Abe didn't have another nutter.

I also don't buy into the whole "Glenn was a bad-ass but now he's not" train of thought. Glenn has always been a mixed bag of strengths and weaknesses, going all the way back to the beginning.

11. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Glenn can be the old style knight, chivalry! Yet a man able to slap a sucker up for touching Maggies rear in a bad way. This all happenin while Carol and Maggie is murdering his friends of course.

12. Lauri

Lauri Member

First of all, :( does not mean I'm "all upset". Just like when people type "lol" and they're really not laughing out loud.

And secondly, I didn't realize being told you wouldn't last very long in a ZA was a 'personal attack'. 1)The ZA is never going to happen 2)if it did, nearly the entire population would be wiped out anyways 3) i've admitted on this forum before I wouldn't stand a chance myself and 4)it was a joke. If I was trying to personally attack you, that'd be a reaallyy pathetic way of doing it, don't you think? I really didn't think anyone would take that comment seriously, so I'm sorry I offended you- it was not my intention.

(But as for race baiting, I seriously have no idea what you're talking about...)

13. Necrophile213

The race baiting has been explained to you multiple times. I've said what I've had to say about About why I feel Glenns character has become boring to me. Everyone isn't going to agree with you on your opinions of Glenn and Maggie. Accept it.

14. Lauri

Lauri Member

I just said I wasn't actually upset about anything? So how am I not accepting it?
    And no one's ever said anything to me about race baiting... I had to look up what it even meant. I've never said anything even remotely racist?

I just looked through my post quotes from this year (since I took a big break from 2013-late 2014, and I changed my username when I came back) and there's seriously nothing there about race baiting. At all. I've never done it, and nobody's said anything to me about doing it. So you have to have me confused with someone else. :/

#74 Lauri, Nov 27, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  15. Necrophile213

You are exactly right. I owe you an apology. I saw the Glenn and Maggie pic and confused you with someone from earlier in the thread. I was completely in the wrong and apologize. Feel free to flame away. I competely deserve it.

16. Lauri

Lauri Member

I'm not going to flame you. Thank you for apologizing.

17. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Glen has not been interesting since season 2...

18. TWDfan87893

TWDfan87893 Active Member

Glenn needs to kick it back into gear and start stompin some walker ass out! He could take lessons from Daryl with that whole eye gouge walker crush thing!

19. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

The problem with glenn is that he doesn't get storylines centered on him anymore. That's what happens when you introduce 5 new main characters a season but only kill 1 or 2 off. If you pay attention he gets maybe 2 mins of screen time an episode. How the heck can he be a good character with that little time?

20. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

Yeah Glenn has definitely turned into a blue pill beta bitch! He needs to smack Maggie on the ass, tell her to go cook his turkey pot pie, and take a healthy handful of these:
    [​IMG]