Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ghosts News Ghosts 2

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' started by Samu Zadori, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Samu Zadori

Samu Zadori New Member

With the campaign ending on a cliffhanger, it's almost a sure thing that we'll be seeing a sequel to Ghosts. My question is, when do you think that sequel will release? Of course, since Ghosts wasn't THAT successful a game, it's always possible that Activision will just pretend like Ghosts never happened...

2. BesselJackdaw

BesselJackdaw New Member

After BO3 maybe? Even though they have a lot to make up for, I think they'll give Ghosts a second chance. Maybe even add something new to the game mechanics. It's not like people are expecting much anyway.

3. AFKATafcar codf

You're joking, right? It might have been skewered by fans, but critics weren't nearly as down on the game, and it still sold 19 MILLION copies. That's success in the only way that matters to game companies...the profits.

4. jamiew23

jamiew23 Member

Each game now gets worked on for 3 years before release now there are 3 companies that work on the franchise. Saying that I hope that if ghosts does come back it has a better multiplayer or they atleast boost the amount of player in online matches.

5. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

however, 19 million sales is not a lot when you think about it. that could had been the amount sold in China alone.and how many games had been returned.the next Ghost will be a "warmed" over version of itself.:sleep::sleep::sleep:

6. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

Most likely after Black Ops 3 UNLESS IW decides to do the whole remaster thing.

I already know the plot of the Ghosts trilogy thanks to context clues and other stuff, care to hear it?

7. PSIII

PSIII The Real West Don. (Super Moderator)
    Staff Member

As long as you're not afraid of Bobby Kotick hunting you down.

8. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm keen to hear it. Lay it on me...

9. musky123

musky123 Member

if they are smart they will make a ghosts 2 old school game but with color like bo2 has.and keep it basic no boosts or stupid wall running.

10. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

will never happen, they are looking for a new generation of gamers who don't have a clue and us oldies will have to stick with "old school" MW3 MW2 Blackops2..:lalala::lalala::lalala:

11. MrAmazingMan1

MrAmazingMan1 Member

this is how every COD should be in my opinion. This is how I wanted BOIII to be, but sadly not so much.

12. muffinman19981998

muffinman19981998 New Member

I agree, they would need to change a few things with how the game is played. Otherwise, Ghosts 2 would make a great game and I wait in anticipation for the day it is announced. I want to know what happened next in the story.

13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

I'd say close after the BO3 release, they're probably working on it as we speak. With that in mind, I expect the launch to be significantly delayed since they have to work out what went wrong with Ghosts.

14. bam422

bam422 New Member

I'm guessing it will be the next title after BO3. The multiplayer will need some work, but I am sure they have been working on that just months after releasing ghosts. They will realize where they went wrong and fix the issues.

As for the campaign, I was impressed with the Ghost campaign and expect that the sequel will pick up right where Ghosts left off.

15. roydominic33

roydominic33 Member

Good question. I've also been wondering when they'll release a sequel, if they ever do. But to be honest, I didn't actually think that Ghosts was a bad installment by itself. It was actually very entertaining because it makes you feel like a kid again, when your hero figure would tell stories about their past in anything that they used to do. So I hope, very much that they'll do it within 1-2 years.

16. roydominic33

roydominic33 Member

I'll have to disagree. I'm also an oldie in that I've been playing FPS games since 1999 and I can say that introducing newer concepts like advanced warfare and Ghosts 2 would definitely have a positive effect. If you take a look at counterstrike and how it stands now compared to its prestige in the past, I can tell you for certain that it's due to the lack of innovation that the game has declined so much in playability.

17. roydominic33

roydominic33 Member

I'd like to think that they really are working. If that's the case I'll be first in line at our local gameshop at first notice! But I'm not too keen on lining up for BO3, my apologies. They're old Chuck Norris-ish plot just didn't appeal to me in the right way.

18. Armando

Armando Member

Ghosts was a success in terms of sale, man. That's what matters the most to Activision. I think there will be a sequel, and it will definitely fix some mistakes that fans (exaggeratedly) hated so much.

19. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Member

Honestly I feel like they're taking the wrong approach with BO3, inching closer and closer to the Halo franchise. I hope they approach the Ghosts sequel with a fresh mindset, if they plan on doing another game.

20. Pitch

Pitch New Member

I think people always want to hurry and buy the latest and greatest. Game sales are always good. It's only later that you find out if the game is good or not. Either way, people just have to have them.