Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Glad we didn't watch

Discussion in 'Episode 701 - The Day Will Come When You Won't Be' started by AshtabulaWalker, Oct 24, 2016.

1. LolaDemented

LolaDemented Active Member

If you didn't watch last year why are you posting? You watched and will continue to do so and that's why your posts have no value nor ever will. Go grab you Bible and for trump sign and walk away.

2. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

Wait, you're appalled by the brutality and gore, but you didn't even watch it? That makes sense. This is, by far, the worst scene from the comics. (IMO) And I think they did an amazing job with the scene. But it won't make me stop watching. I'm a comic fan, so I've been waiting years for this. Also, get used to Negan, he's here for the long haul.

3. Chiron

Chiron Member

I thought I was the only one who can watch intense, unbelievable gore but turn my head during Itchy n Scratchy while Bart and Lisa are rolling around on the floor in hysterics!

4. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I can't watch the final scene in Titanic when Rose drops the Coeur de la Mer into the ocean.

5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Ugh.....

Titanic......

3 hours and 15 minutes of my life I will never get back!

6. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

7. Midge

Midge Member

Can't belive how much people are complaining about the gore in this episode! IMO it wasn't even that bad.

8. TheHainted

TheHainted Member

This is awesome on two levels.

1- It is an anti-gore thread about a show based on rotting humans.

2- It i s an anti-gore thread about a show based on rotting humans......that seems to have only enraged a few. We all know most of these are from flamers and trolls but to be able to discuss from both sides is cool.

Just to be clear I am pro-gore so "F you! What gives you the right not to be?!" :)

9. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

God that bothered me.

10. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

For me it's more like 160 hours of my life since i've probably seen it about 50 times. I was 15 when it came out...but what am i saying, I still love that movie. I just can't sit through the entire thing anymore lol.

11. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Lol, I only went to see this because my mom wanted someone to go with her. As a history buff, I enjoyed seeing the time period and the ship brought to life. I give them kudos for incorporating statements and accounts from survivors into the film.

But let's get real...rich girl ditches life of luxury for a homeless boy she met a few hours ago. Then homeless boy sacrifices his life for spoiled rich girl AFTER she gives it up in the back of someone else's car, in less than 24 hours after he meets her. Riiiggghhhtt....
    Then old lady Rose tosses the gem overboard after successfully keeping it a secret for decades, dies and is reunited in the afterlife not with her lifelong husband, her parents...but the homeless boy she knew for less than 3 days 80+ years ago.

They should have named the movie "Jack" since Rose says it about 250,000 times over a 3 hour period.

I enjoyed Revolutionary Road much more. Lol.

12. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was preteen when it came out. Saw it an embarrassingly large number of times. In the theater. I don't even know how many. LOL

Only other time I've ever gone back to a theater for a repeated viewing since then is Lord of the Rings and Deadpool. Holy crap, I think I went back and watched Deadpool literally three weekends in a row. I was the volunteer stand-in for anyone who wanted to see it, but didn't have a buddy to go with. LMAOOO

13. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I think if i would have watched it later in life as an adult i would have caught all the little silly things, but at the time it was perfect in my eyes lol. The romance part of it aside, I was also haunted by all things Titanic and went through a period of looking for any possible book i could find on the topic. In 2009 i went to the exhibit when they had it in Vegas...it still fascinates me! So at least i can say i partially appreciate it for it's historic tribute. :p The other part of me just really loved Leonardo DiCaprio and wanted to be Rose in the movie and I often trolled the streets when i was 15, looking for a homeless boy who loved to sketch to take home with me (kidding about that very last part).

I still need to see Deadpool!

Yes, i took each of my family members and any friends who hadn't seen it yet, just because i wanted an excuse to go see it again. I also had it on VHS which came on 2 cassettes lol.

14. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Don't let someone like me spoil it for you. I'm just far too cynical and jaded to enjoy romance movies.
    Lol @ looking for homeless boys to sketch you. In reality , your pic would have probably only made the back of milk carton. (<--- I know you're kidding but here's that cynicism that prevents me from enjoying romance movies)

15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

And do not get me started on that damn Celine Dion song....ugh!! I remember my daughter having a slumber party and those girls played that damn song over and over and over. If that happened today I would be begging a Negan to hurry up and lob off my head

16. DragonRacer

I actually was already a big Titanic buff because I've loved history from a very early age. The fact that it hit all my corny romance preteen hormones just amplified my obsession with that movie. LOL

And YES! You need to watch Deadpool, dammit!

The movie came out while I was in middle school and I clearly remember it being a part of one of our symphonic band concerts. Playing that on alto saxophone was a trip, heh.

17. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The sound of the flute at the beginning of that song still moves me.

18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;X2WH8mHJnhM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2WH8mHJnhM[/video]

19. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I lost it at 1:57-2:10. A truly beautiful rendition lol.

20. DragonRacer

I believe it may actually be an Irish whistle, but, yes, it is gorgeous.