Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Glad we didn't watch

Discussion in 'Episode 701 - The Day Will Come When You Won't Be' started by AshtabulaWalker, Oct 24, 2016.

1. mike1977

mike1977 New Member

I know, right?

2. brosborough

brosborough New Member

what about all the ways you see zombies get destroyed? If gore is the problem that is nothing but gore. I think the bigger issue is just it happening to people that fans have grown a physical attachment to. But honestly, I can't think of any other way to introduce Negan and show exactly what the group would be dealing with. There is no other story I could have watched and believed that Rick would have broken down, or the entire group for that matter, and bought into it. No person on this earth could slap Rick around like a rag doll and him just react and take it like he did. Not without seeing what lead up to that point.

3. Benzel

Benzel Member

They won't lose half their viewers and FTWD is shite.

4. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I heard 6 different people say that they are going to binge watch the show now.
    Their love for JDM over powers tv gore.

5. Benzel

Benzel Member

I've only ever known him as The Comedian in Watchmen and that's good enough for me!

6. TheHainted

TheHainted Member

You mean you have not seen Supernatural?
    If The Walking Dead is Christianity then Supernatural is like Mormons. Not as good but will do in a pinch.

7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Have a great time at the con this weekend. We will be waiting for a play by play run down of your day!

8. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Well I didn't like the episode but only after WATCHING IT!

What a stupid post,but I guess I am glad that you are glad you didn't watch it?

9. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I don't think Rose dies at the end. I think we just get to see what she dreams about. Just a guess on my part.

I also can't stand the scene when Cal puts his coat on Rose. I'm like, "No! She's going to run off with Jack, and the diamond is in the coat!!"

10. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I thought it was just a dream too, but others kept telling me it was her death and she was reunited with him in the end. Her husband of several decades must have been an epic disappointment if he was trumped for all eternity by a guy she only knew for a few days when she was a teenager.

11. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Supernatural was my first encounter with JDM. I love that show but I'm many seasons behind.
    I like the ribbing between Jensen and Jeffrey, I read somewhere that Jensen is the one who introduced JDM to his wife. From Twitter:
    [​IMG]

Hey @JDMorgan I found this in the trunk...can I try it out?. Don't miss tonight's episode. It's a knockout! #Supernatural#walkingdead

Jeffrey Dean Morgan
    @JDMorgan
    15h15 hours ago
    @JensenAckles J. You weren't supposed to find that. Gonna need her back son. I mean... I already gave you my car. And? I don't know? Sorta, died for you.

12. TheHainted

TheHainted Member

Stefan is awesome!

Thank you! I will def start a thread and give a report. My son is already gearing up. I am going to have him clean the house tonight to get rid of some of that nervous energy. I just found out some friends who have done make up and such for the show are suppose to be down there set up. Not sure what they are doing but it will be fun to see them.

13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

While I have never watched Supernatural I know just enough to understand the humor in this!

14. TheHainted

TheHainted Member

I just started Supernatural last year and binge watched the F out of it to get caught up. It is good, I grew up skipping school, smoking cigarettes, and watching soap operas ( dark shadows) with older relatives. Shows like Supernatural, Buffy, Grimm all bring back those memories with a touch of sci fi horror in the mix.

15. Slant84

Slant84 New Member

This is ridiculous. Hello! It's a post apocalyptic zombie show!
    Of course there's gonna be violence. I'm glad they ramped it up!
    Don't let the door hit ya!

16. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I'm glad the majority of us here can agree that TWD has always been a violent show.

17. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

If the Title alone isn't enough to indicate that the show may be a "tad" violent then the people who are surprised that it is need to get their heads examined or take the stick out of their ass. I did not start watching this show until Season 3 because of the title. This is coming from someone who tried to get their dad to move to an apartment after watching Poltergeist. Boredom prevailed and long story short, I got hooked. Do I have a right to bitch and whine if its too gory or "violent", HELL no. I have choices. They being to turn it off, hide my head or leave the room. Whatever the reason anyone gravitates to becoming a fan of the show, the LAST thing they should complain about is that its "too" violent ffs.

18. SLM1968

SLM1968 New Member

The season opener was especially brutal, gory and violent. It was incredibly disturbing.

But it's supposed to be disturbing. For both the audience and the characters.

For me the whole point in a show like this is that it gives the audience an opportunity to explore the nature of humanity and the human condition under the most extreme circumstances imaginable. For the best conflict and drama, it should take you beyond your comfort zone.

The violence in this show has never been gratuitous. It affects the characters in very profound ways, it promotes conflict between characters as well as within characters.

As much as I will miss the characters we've lost, I am also looking forward to seeing how this incredibly brutal loss will shape the remaining survivors.

19. AshtabulaWalker

AshtabulaWalker New Member

I had friends tell me what happened. But really. I don't believe that humans would be like this if something like this happened. Someone would have killed Negan way before this point in real life!

20. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

There are much worse things going on in the real world. My mother told me once that if we knew every awful (to say the least) thing that happens to people in this world, we would go crazy. Thankfully, we don't know...I've come across stories online that I wished I never read or knew about.

Let's get back to The Walking Dead.

TWD is a t.v. show and it's a saga about how brutal life would be for survivors trying to get by in a ZA. Folks getting squeamish about Negan's kill scenes, and yet, think of ISIS...think of how there are truly horrifying things going on in the real world. Things that we don't know about and may never find out. Yes, seeing Glenn and Abraham killed ripped my heart out. Seeing the mess of blood, skull, and brain matter was awful...to see what was left and watch Negan behave so gleefully about two shattering murders was horrifying.

But TWD writers wanted us to feel what the characters were feeling. And we wouldn't be able to feel anything if we didn't see what the characters were seeing. If TWD was the kind of show that pushed the envelope just for the sake of doing so, I wouldn't be watching. TWD is a very detailed, well-thought out story--comics and t.v. wise--with complex characters thrown into horrible circumstances beyond their control. It's about survival, finding love and hope even in the worst of life's trials. It's about people whose lives would've never crossed or became intertwined if not for the ZA. What could be more awful than the collapse of civilization due to the dead rising and consuming the living--leading to complete chaos? And in the midst of that, you create a new family, find out how other survivors are making it, and clash with other survivors who have become monster bullies who will kill anyone in their path to ensure their own survival.

Our group is constantly going through hell to live to see another day, much less an hour. We're just spectators, hoping that the day will come when they will finally have a sense of permanent peace and safety. I don't know about the OP or anyone else jumping ship from the show, but I'm in it for the long haul. I love these characters too much to give up on them just because of one gory scene.

#60 ShaneFan, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016