Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Glenn Call Backs?

Discussion in 'Episode 712 - Say Yes' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The walker stuck in the windshield looked a lot like Tank Walker.

Minute later, they exited the car in much the same manner as Rick exited the Tank.

Glenn was also mentioned here, saving Rick from the Tank.

Are these all Glenn call backs?

• Like Like x 2
  2. LoriG

LoriG Member

I noticed the climbing out of the car being similar to the tank exit, and was thinking of Glen

3. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

The Talking Dead also noted Rick's almost demise as being similar to Glenn's dumpster dive.

4. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

@Neuropyramidal yes, I agree that everything you wrote was a callback to Glenn. Maybe those events reminded Rick of Glenn, which is why he shared with Michonne "Glenn saved me, but I couldn't save him." And it's further motivation for him to go to war against Negan and the Saviors.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

Personally I think they sorta botched the emotion of Glenn's death when they skipped over the group arriving back at Alexandria and went straight to negan showing up. I liked that Rick had that moment to reflect but it feels so far in the past for the audience now that it doesn't give that deep emotion that I think they are looking for it to.

i would like to see a deeper call back for Glenn. Maybe a rallying cry from their time on the road when he said "we can make it together. But we can only make it together". That would actually fit perfectly if it was used to get the other commonutites 100% on board. I'm sure their are other Glenn lines or ways too but it would be nice to really show the group using a piece of something Glenn left behind to show how much he really meant to the group. To me it just kinda feels like he died and the group moved on and he has nothing to show for him being there other than Maggie's baby

• Agree Agree x 1