Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Glenn dying soon?

Discussion in 'Episode 512 - Remember' started by kennyisalive94, Mar 2, 2015.

1. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

Glenn has had some really good moments in this back half. He's become likeable again, for the first time since early season 2. I wonder if they're setting him up to get killed? If not this season, then next season. Of course, Maggie has been through a lot already.

2. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Speaking of good moments how about Carol, Sasha, Tara and even lil Carl. I'd say allll their numbers will be up at some point:hatchet:

3. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I was thinking about this yesterday. The writers are obviously putting more effort into making him as likeable as he once was this season, particularly in the back half where he's had heaps of focus.

Could it be the beginning of Glenn's swan song? Possibly. Although it's equally as possible that the writers simply wanted to give him closer attention and stronger characterisation. After all, he's one of the five remaining originals. Him, Rick, Daryl, Carol and Carl should be the people we have the strongest connections to and therefore want to see the most of.

Whether he's doomed to die soon or the writers are just getting him in better form, I'm enjoying him so far this half. More than I have in a long time.

#3 BatmansHooker, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  4. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Tru dat, it was pretty cool watching our lil pizza guy show up that zombie hunter wanna be Aiden:zombies_lol:

5. kennyisalive94

Yeah, Glenn dodged that punched and spelled the guy's name with his fist like a boss.

6. Taylor Edwards

Taylor Edwards New Member

What if its not Glenn there building up to kill of, it could be anyone of the build up characters:zombies_mad::Chainsaw:

7. Jato

Jato Member

I'm kinda worried for Maggie actually. They could be building up to something terrible happening to him, not necessarily him dying.

I really hope he doesn't die :( Then what other Asian character am I meant to relate to? D: JK

8. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

They aren't going to kill Glenn anytime soon. The patterns in this show are super easy to recognize. They never build someone up before killing them.

Examples:

Shane: they turned him into a backstabbing dick right before he got his

Dale: They made him annoying by being like "please don't kill someone who was SHOOTING at you and trying to kill YOU"

Andrea: they made her all annoying by making her blind to the Governers true self, nobody was crying much when she passed

Bob: wasn't in the show long enough to actually give a crap what happened to him

Tyrese: They made him unlikeable when he blew his chance to kill terminus guy, which got Bob killed, plus they made who was supposed to be a big bad ass into a big teddy bear, no loss there

Hershell: he was the only guy who was still likeable at the time of his death (so thats 1 out of how many?)S

so as you can see, with how bad ass and cool they have been making Glenn lately...he has plenty of time left!

9. BatmansHooker

I know I've said this like a million times before and it's a constant discussion among comic readers around the forum, but I'll say it once more because I'm absolutely certain:

10. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

11. BatmansHooker

12. kennyisalive94

characters usually have a redeeming moment before they die. (Bob is happy, Hershel saves everyone, Tyreese helps Noah, Carol starts to like Axel, T-Dog wants to help prisoners, Lori and Rick smile at each other, Beth saves Carol) It's a formula they desperately need to change, because it makes dramatic deaths predictable to the 9th degree and it's like the writers think we're dumb.

13. hansonhowell

hansonhowell Member

Adding to your list: Merle trying to kill the Governor and letting Michonne go - he died. Andrea finally not being dumb and seeing the Governor for who he was - she died while trying to escape back to her friends at the prison. Lori's redeeming moment is not smiling at Rick. It was her decision to save her baby and sacrifice herself in the process.

14. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

If they chump out and don't give
    It's such a great scene in the comic!

15. hansonhowell

hansonhowell Member

If anyone were to die soon, I'd say it's Michonne. She's been getting really ****ed up as a character. I don't even recognize this character anymore. Where's the fighter Michonne who got suspicious at Woodbury and who killed Zombies like flies? Now she can't even kill a single walker, and she' smiling and brushing her teeth for 20 minutes?
    I think Michonne will get a redeeming moment for the audience to like her again, and then get killed off by Negan.

16. Ed Dim

Ed Dim Member

Well...there is going to be a "super secret special cast member" on TTD next week, so someone's gonna die.

17. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

I'm cynical/realistic enough to think that Glen won't die for that reason. The show sells well in markets like Korea and Japan, and having an identifiably 'asian' character has just got to be a good sales aid there.

Be a shame to see one of the few surviving S1 originals bite the dust too anyway. Their dying must be used very very sparingly...

18. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

It's a ruse, they're making it look like they're going to kill off Glenn and the sad part is that they may do so but there's a good chance they'll kill off someone else and have you thinking they were going to kill off Glenn, on the other hand they might kill him and then again maybe not.

19. Negan Grimes

Negan Grimes Member

Michonne is just worn out and she is finally getting towards the finish line. She wants to rest sooo much, but not RIP rest.

20. lovethishow

lovethishow Member

I feel like its WAY too early for Glenn to die. If anything I think Maggie's days could be numbered.

Maggie lost Herschel tragically and Beth tragically... if they killed off Glenn there would be nothing left of her and she couldn't survive. I feel like if Glenn were to be killed... Maggie would be killed off with him because without him she doesn't really have anything left.

Maybe they'll pull some Romeo and Juliet type crap... Glenn dies then Maggie can't be without him so she kills herself to be with him?