Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Glenn? Glenn?

Discussion in 'Episode 603 - Thank You' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I'm fine with the blood spraying out and hitting Glenn, IF it hit him head-on in the face. I don't see any conceivable way this came at him from the right as it did in the show.

2. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

I really think that is exactly what would happen, if any blood got on Glenn at all. Bullet wounds cause a high velocity blood spatter if there is an exit wound. That means the blood coming out of the exit wound will literally be a very fine mist and it will extend outward more or less like a cone, with the narrowest part at the exit wound. Let's assume that Nic and Glenn are face to face and the exit wound is straight through, so the outer parts of the cone do not hit Glenn. Now move Nic's head inward toward Glenn and/or move the exit wound inward toward Glenn, (both possibilities.) The edge of the cone will begin to contact the far right side of Glenn's face first. As you move the spray inward, his entire right side would get hit before anything would hit his left side. If you move it enough than Glenn's entire face is within the cone and everything gets sprayed at once. I think what we saw in the show is absolutely accurate.

Think about if I have a water gun set to fire a very fine mist. You are looking right at me and I fire it in the direction that Nic fired his gun. Nothing is hitting you. As I slowly move my gun to the right the outer part of that mist will first hit the right side of your face.

We aren't shown the exact angle of Nic's head at the moment the gun is fired and we definitely aren't shown the direction of the exit wound. When a bullet has to pass through two layers of skull it can very easily ricochet and exit at a different angle. The more either of these things (nic's head and exit wound) move inward the further the blood will spatter on Glenn, but it will contact first on the right.

#442 Adam Poole, Nov 6, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

My trouble though is NOT that Glenn's right side of his face got hit, but from the angle it got hit at. Clearly in the show it was as if the blood hitting him came from lateral to his right ear, and on to his face. There's no way I can see that angle of spray happening unless Nicholas' head was physically to the right of Glenn's, and it wasn't. Glenn was looking right at Nicholas. The spray should have hit him head-on in the face (even if only on the right side) or not at all.

4. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

These could all indeed be true, but physics would suggest otherwise. It's reminiscent to that van last season that was doing a nose dive and by rights should have landed on its roof, and mysteriously righted itself to land on its wheels. Of course, AMC out-take footage showed that the actual van DID land in its roof after all.

5. Left 4 Dead

Left 4 Dead New Member

New guy here. I just went through every page on this thread and a lot of the theories and discussions were a great read, so thanks for that. I'm a firm believer in that Scott Gimple is practical with the show so, he's trying to fool all of us. I remember at the end of Season 1, Rick said, "We're all infected. At the CDC, Jenner told me. Whatever it is, we all carry it." Doesn't that mean that every human is infected with the virus? Doesn't that mean whether someone dies from a bite or natural causes, they re-animate?

So, I'm thinking that since Nicholas did blow his brains out, his blood already carried the virus and has camouflaged Glenn's body. I have a feeling this will play out like Carol's situation where many believed she was dead and was found to be hiding and maybe Maggie and Aaron simply look for Glenn and find him unharmed in the sewer. That's just my take on this. Almost like a "gotcha" kind of moment.

6. Berry

Berry Member

Welcome to the forum! 45 pages was a lot to slog through, eh?

Yes, every human is infected with the virus, and every human will re-animate (assuming there is no brain damage).

Interesting theory that newly-dead people blood will act as camouflage. I'm not sure if we've seen that situation before, so we may all learn something :)

7. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Welcome, new guy. I don't think QUITE everyone is infected. Mountain guy living on his own with no contact with other people would not logically be infected if he has been essentially quarantined, but when he interacts with people again he could become affected.

8. drifter77

drifter77 Member

There's also the question as to whether those born after the outbreak (like Judith) are infected. Is it passed down from mother to child?

9. wintersoldier

wintersoldier Member

It was so crazy, man hopefully they reveal after the break what happened to him? He has to be dead right??

10. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

WHAT? Glenn's dead????

Nah.... That little Chinese guy will never die.

11. tink

tink Well-Known Member

He's KOREAN!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. wintersoldier

wintersoldier Member

He's actually half Galra and a member of the Blade of Mamora