Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Go Get Your Ballot and Rate The Damn Episode!!

Discussion in 'Episode 705 - Go Getters' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 20, 2016.

?

Rate the Jerk Chicken!!

1. 10

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  2. Go get a medal. Its going on this episode's chest! Bravo

9 vote(s)
    18.0%
  3. 8

16 vote(s)
    32.0%
  4. 7

10 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. 6

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. 5

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  7. 4

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  8. 3

2 vote(s)
    4.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Go get my gun. I've got some cleaning up to do.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Sit down and rate it, or no dessert!!

2. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

I'm going 8/10
    A good story building episode, and a good way to show how Maggie is going to rise to become a leader to this group.
    Would have been better but I'm sorry, I cannot stomach the cheesy romance with Carl and Enid, easily one of my least favorite parts of the show.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Good episode, I liked the Maggie development, and I thought that seeing Gregory knocked down a few pegs, and seem frightened, helped to develop him a little bit too. Although I doubt we'll ever really see too much depth to him. The point of his character isn't to have depth. I also find the Carl/Enid Teenmance a bit cringeworthy, but as always, I'm biased against teenage angst in fiction for some reason. It just annoys me. It could have been a lot worse though.

I give it an 8.4 overall.

4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

If I were basing my rating on the episode alone I give it an 8.5

BUT I am required to factor in Tom Payne screen time so therefore the rating shoots to 10+

For the sake of poll purity I will compromise and post my official rating as 9

5. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

Really good episode! They weaved the Hilltop and Alexandria pretty well (No bottle episode!) also it very put together with Carl and Enid. Oh...this episode is just wow. That RICHOONE KISS and ENID + CARL. I loved Maggie and Sasha too man. I LOVED how they remixed this in the episode with Simon. It was well worth the wait to see Carl get his Arc too. I had a sad belief that they weren't going to it. Boy i was wrong...i enjoyed seeing Jesus too. This is a 9/10! Can't wait till the next episode I'm so hyped.

#5 TheSlayingTaco1, Nov 20, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  6. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

Just 7 for me. I'd go 8 but it was a bit too much of the teen romance. While it's adorable and I'm glad he's getting an arc, it took up too much of the episode.

Gregory kneeling was awesome. Simon is almost as intimidating as Negan. He has that air about him that you'll never know when he'll just turn around and shoot you in the head. The actor brings great tension in that way.

A bit heavy handed on the watch. We all know how special it is, but they had to make sure several times again and again to bring it up, show it, hear the story. We get it, we get it, special watch.

The scene with Jesus and Sasha killing the walkers was fantastic. Almost had a old school horror vibe with that music in the background.

The "let them stay!" Dialogue was also a bit drawn out. I kind of felt like the episode was repeating everything over and over, the same conversations. So a 7 for me, since so much of the conversation was repetitive.

• Like Like x 1
  7. WickedJenn

WickedJenn Active Member

I give this one 8/10 as well.

As some others mentioned in the live thread, this one had nice interweaving of both Hilltop and Alexandria, as well as the Saviors. It flowed well. I like when they do that more instead of one episode here, one there, and then we have to wait a week or more in between.

Maggie and Sasha killed it in this episode. Maggie didn't let being pregnant hold her back from tractoring those walkers and showing Gregory her right hook, and that last shot of Sasha with the cigar, sharpening her knife? BAD. ASS.

The return of...drumroll...JESUS.

I'll probably expound on this in the character thread - but DAMN Jesus is amazing. Yes, he has those good looks, but there's a whole lot more than that.

He looks like he'll be this sweet, pleasing person, but he's tough and stands his ground, he cut Gregory down with just a few words and a long stare. He's the genuine good guy. He's Hilltop's Daryl but without the rough edges.

Simon. WOAH. I find him to be almost as scary as Negan.

8. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

It get's 8.5 from me.

I liked the Richonne scene. The roller skate scene with the kids being kids. Which lead to their little smooch. Maggie socking that weasel Gregory. And of course Jesus showing some of his flying kick moves on the walkers. Pretty goood.

9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

There is also the complaints thread and the praise thread for each episode.....just in case you did not know :)

They are both great threads to not only share what your thoughts and opinions are but to get and give feedback also....and they help fill the space between Sundays

#9 Dnae, Nov 20, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  10. BulletofBullets

BulletofBullets Active Member

It was so much better than i thought it would be i am not emotionally ready to even express how i feel about this episode

11. daryls_poncho

daryls_poncho New Member

Gave it an 8. I like seeing Maggie gaining momentum for greatness, and that slug sandwhich.... awesome.

12. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Member

TERRIBLE EPISODE 0/10 I hate the show now AHHHHH f-ck Maggie!!

Kidding.......... Good episode 9/10 we need more Jesus.

#12 Lone Wolf, Nov 21, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  13. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Whatever grieving Maggie and Sasha did this episode was generic and un-noteworthy, further cementing the weak sendoff for Glenn and Abraham.

Jesus annoyed me this episode. Why was he so protective of two characters he barely knows? As far as he really knew, they were two members of an outside group that failed to live up to their word of a deal they struck. Yes, Maggie is pregnant and still recovering, but she was probably healthy enough to leave safely. Gregory wasn't sending them to the killing squads, he was just shooing them away before the Saviors catch them there, which would put Hilltop in grave danger. Jesus doesn't seem to have much regard for his community and the people living there.

I did like guy leading Negan's group. Probably a more interesting and realistic character than Negan himself. Gregory is a nice cowardly change of pace from the other characters on the show. As much of a jerk and a pushover he was, he really didn't do anything the "scared shatless" Rick is doing. He's just it with a different demeanor.

All the Carl and Enid stuff was vomit enducing.

14. LolaDemented

LolaDemented Active Member

Gave the episode a 9. Maggie and Sasha were amazin however Jesus stole the show. Jesus was bada$$ in this episode.

15. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

8. First actually "good" episode for me this season. The rest have all been in the "meh-to-okay" range, with a few standout scenes.

For christ sake, 5 episodes in and they finally drop the "one storyline per episode" formula. For once, we weren't stuck following the same one or two characters for an entire, unnecessarily padded out episode while wishing we could see a few scenes of somebody else who we hadn't checked in on in several episodes.

The Sasha/Maggie/Jesus scenes were great. Gregory and Simon are fantastic villains, almost better than Negan. Please, Gimple, do not waste Steven Ogg. Simon is too entertaining and too good to vanish or be killed off after half a season. Keep. Him. Take Dwight instead. He sucks, and between Daryl and Simon he's ****ing irrelevant.

Carl and Enid was cheesy, of course. But my lord the Maggie/Enid scenes were touching. I had a legitimate emotional reaction when Sasha asked why there were balloons on Glenn's grave.

PLEASE The Walking Dead, Gimple, AMC, Nicotero. Whoever. Give me more of this. Drop your infuriatingly slow, fillerish formulas. I want to love you again. The potential is there. Just give us straightforward, tight, concise story in a neatly wrapped bow and quit the nonsense.

16. DocCovington

DocCovington Member

5/10 - great acting, great directing, nice dialogues, but overall somewhat boring. I think it would have gotten an 8/10 from me if it didn't end so abruptly; it didn't feel complete, neither did I feel true excitement for the next episode at the end. Maybe that was because a good soundtrack to underline the emotions, suspense, or tension of scenes was missing.

17. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I'm giving it a 7 this week. The walker night attack by the Saviors didn't make much sense to me. At first I thought it was due to them being aware of Gregory colluding with Rick, but apparently that wasn't the case. I enjoyed the scenes with Maggie, Sasha and Gregory though.

18. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

It didn't make much sense to me either. The people who knew that they colluded (the guards who were being shown the fake Gregory Walker head) are dead. There really was no way for Negan to know that the Hilltop had any hand in the outpost massacre. So why this sudden stunt, when the Hilltop has been providing for them and not fighting back?

Maybe just a show of strength in case they decide to pull something, like Rick's group did? But that makes no sense either, since Negan's group believe Rick's group is now "go getters" for them and subdued now, and an example for the rest.

19. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yes, and also Gregory's group has shown no signs of resistance in the past. And if they really thought that Gregory had aligned with Rick then you'd think Negan would make an appearance.

My guess is they just wanted to stick a scene with walkers in the story.

20. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I gave it a 9. It was one of the best episodes for me so far. It had everything. I really liked the scene with Enid and Carl fining the rollelrblades and just being kids for a short time