Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

God lori needs to freaking shut the heck up

Discussion in 'Episode 210 - 18 Miles Out' started by Joshua, Feb 26, 2012.

1. marsyao

marsyao Member

You miss the point, of course, Shane, Daryl, Rick, T-Dog and Glenn do watches and go out to take supplies, that is the reason these man don't do house job, and since Andrea is doing the same job as those men do, why should she do those extra house job? Just because she is a woman?

2. Howard33

Howard33 Member

Truth be told, everyone should be contributing as needed regardless of their primary duties. Unless Daryl, Shane, T-Dog, Glenn and Dale are all out running parameter guard every day all day, they can contribute with the more normal day to day activities of food prep, cleaning, chopping or collecting firewood if they are using it as fuel, etc..

3. ja41

ja41 Member

We don't really know what the others are doing. The conversation with Lori highlighted the fact that Andrea doesn't really do anything except guard duty.

4. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

Well I have seen Dale cook over campfire, Daryl hunt, Glenn scavanges (think pharamcy runs) and T-dog-I have seen collect water and burn walkers, dig graves. So I would say they all are contributing to other chores besides watch. That being said, Andrea could help with the "women" chores since the others are all carrying extra weight too.

5. marsyao

marsyao Member

You did not see Andrea was also there dragging and burning body?

6. slw2082

I am saying since they are all doing that she could be helping with the "women" chores. I did say that at the end. This would help Lori and Carol (part of her original group) since there are fewer women now.

7. slw2082

When they were at the quary Andrea, Lori, Carol, Jackie, and Amy all helped with the laundry in at least one episode. Now from what we have been told in this episode it's Lori, Carol and Patricia (who isn't even part of their group).

8. marsyao

marsyao Member

Andrea was doing "women's chores" before, since now she is doing "men's chores" as much as other men are doing now, it would be unfair to ask her to do extra "women's chores" too,

9. slw2082

Not when the men themselves are also doing extra chores. Which I already pointed out a couple posts ago. They should all be pulling their weight in many various forms. It doesn't matter if it's Andrea or Glenn (for example) doing the laundry, someone should still be doing it.

#29 slw2082, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  10. marsyao

marsyao Member

If other men also are doing "women's chores", then I agree Andrea should also join in, but obviously men in the group are not doing these "women's chores", you can not ask men just returned from a supply run or just pulled a 8 hour guard duty to go cooking or do their own laundry, according to what Lori was saying, "men are handling these things", and Andrea should go back and do "women's thing".

11. slw2082

At this point, lets just agree to disagree, because you aren't seeing it my way and I am not seeing it your way. The great thing about this forum is that we can view others thoughts and comment on them but we don't have to agree with them.

12. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

I disliked the fact that Lori was dictating what Andrea should be doing. If Andrea wants to be a guard, let her. Not every woman should be doing laundry and food prep.

Personally, Zombie apocalypse or no, I'm only doing my own laundry. Everyone else can wash their own zombie blood off their jammies.

#32 Zombie Lover, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012
  13. Zombie Lover

All it says is that LORI doesn't think she does anything but guard duty. But who believes lori?

14. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

This is also the same woman hot to have a gun and play with the boys. First thing she does is see Daryl as a walker and pop off her gun at shoot him.Because she had to have a gun and shoot. Not checking the situation first to see if it was really a threat by walker or something else.

15. marsyao

marsyao Member

Again, you should remember that was before Andrea had any gun training, even that was a good shot for a person with no shooting experience, Andrea is simply nature with a gun.

16. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

What Lori is really telling Andrea is that she belongs in 'the kitchen' and not out doing men work.

17. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

To be fair, she learned a valuable lesson from shooting Daryl... when NOT to shoot. I like Andrea's character arc and I think she could become a very important member of the group. Or she could be a dumbass who gets herself eaten by thinking she's way cooler than what she actually is. They could take her either way.

But I did agree with how she handled Maggie's sister.

18. Syphon

Syphon Member

What they should do is pretty much what every society does when assigning jobs--you assign it based on certain skill-sets.

The strongest and most athletic of people should be gathering the supplies. Naturally, men are stronger than women. It's as simple as that--no sexism, no bullshit. This isn't to say all men are like this, but I think it's pretty safe to generalize. As for playing guard duty, this requires more brains than physical prowess and Andrea already proved she's unreliable, so no for that. It's not a matter of being an "equal opportunist", it's a matter of being wise with your decisions and not letting your desires and emotions of being an equal opportunist cloud your judgment.

Also, I'd like to add, as for guard duty during the day, I've no problem with women going on guard duty against walkers. Unless there's suspicion of a possible raider attack. But, during the nights, raiders could be invading and if they are, they're not going to just fire their guns and alert their targets in the house. Close quarters will be used to dispatch of the guard--this requires physical prowess and so only men, and strong men at that, should be guard at night.

19. Zombie Lover

I think all characters have been stupid with weapons though at one point or another. Daryl gets it with a crossbow bolt- his own by the way. So Andrea's actions seem less stupid in comparison- at least to me.

20. Syphon

Syphon Member

There's something different about falling off a horse and down a hill and an arrow piercing you versus shooting someone, when being told not to, without even verifying whether it was a zombie or not.