Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

God lori needs to freaking shut the heck up

Discussion in 'Episode 210 - 18 Miles Out' started by Joshua, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

I agree the thing with daryl was not his fault the horse got spooked by the snake and threw him....

As for the gaurd duty yes everyone can do their share, its a big area though and so I have to mention the razor wire again.. put it arround some of the surrounding area to at least slow down walkers

2. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

Noteworthy resume accomplishments...maybe the Taliban has some openings!! :shining:

3. Zombie Lover

Except for the fact, that if you are carrying a quiver you need to be careful where you keep the bolts. Anyone who has ridden horses before in the woods, knows how easily spooked they are. It doesn't make a great deal of sense that an outdoorsman like him would make such a newbie mistake.

4. Zombie Lover

I still say wasnt his fauls, with a fall like that the arrow would was minor compared to say, broken legs and not being able to get out... (sorry I'm a Daryl fan I have to defend him LOL)

5. C-Tac

C-Tac Member

Yeah, when was the last time we saw Andrea take down a walker that made it's way on the farm? Shooting Daryl doesn't count. Or save anyone's life? Her argument is flawed. Lori was right. Andrea sits on the RV and plays "guns" all day. How about she walks the perimeter of the farm every once in a while? Make it look like you're doing some work even if you aren't. Maybe people would get off your case. It's not even about men's and women's work. The other "protectors" are constantly out doing stuff. She isn't. She can just sit around with a gun and expect that that's enough work to justify her role in the group.

6. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

That is exactly what I was trying to get at C-Tac. It isn't about men vs. women work, it is just about the fact that other things also need to be done.

7. Zombie Lover

I dunno, dale seems to sit on the top of the RV and play guns all day too. =-)

8. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

You didn't see Dale cooking in those episodes like I did? :zombies_confused:

9. Zombie Lover

I am sure there are plenty of things we don't see people do. Just because Lori says someone isn't pulling their weight, really doesn't mean there arent'. This simply means she perceives this to be true.

10. C-Tac

C-Tac Member

Good point about Dale. Maybe someone should call him out too? Although something should be said about the value of an adviser or wise man of the group. In most tribal groups the oldest persons thoughts or advice on things are sought out and taken very seriously. This seems to be the role Dale has taken along with playing "guns". Andrea can't even give good advice to anyone.

11. Zombie Lover

I'm not so sure Dale is really that wise. He gives sucky advice too, and has been known to stir the pot.

Bottom line, if they want equality, everyone needs to pitch in. Otherwise, I really think it is imbalanced. Like I said in another thread. If it were me, I wouldn't want to do laundry either. Everyone can clean their own skivvies. To me, making that someones' full time job- unless they want it- is reducing a person to the job of servant. Everyone can get soap and go to the creek or whatever and wash their own stuff. It really isn't that hard. No reason anyone should be doing that unless they want it.

12. C-Tac

C-Tac Member

The pot is already stirred, Dale just takes the lid off of it and makes people confront whats bothering them. He doesn't cause the problems. That would be stirring the pot. What advice of his sucks? He didn't encourage a young girl to kill herself like Andrea. In fact he encourages people to do the right thing most of the time. How is that sucky advice?

Sure some people wouldn't want to do laundry but some would rather. I could make the same argument that I would not want to risk my life killing walkers with a gun all day but would rather stay and wash some clothes and do some farming and stay alive. Let someone else do that risky job.

You're right, everyone needs to pitch in. So when you're turn of sitting on the RV with your gun is over and you need some exercise from all that gun holding, pretty please, with sugar on top, wash some clothes.

13. marsyao

marsyao Member

That does not make any sense, taking turn would only making sense when everyone in the group are equal good at gun, if you put a gun in the hand of Lori, Carol, Maggie or Beth,and let them do guard duty, would you be able to sleep at night? Let us have another example, in the Alexandria community in the Comic, there are two woman, one is Holly who everyday come out do construction job, build fence and dig trench, another woman Barbara who usually do not go out, don't you think it is fair to ask Barbara does laundry for Holly, or Holly, after an entire day of physical demanding work, has to do her own laundry because somehow it should be her turn?

14. boutte

boutte Active Member

Why does a look out have to be a dead eyed sniper? I'd think good vision would be the main requirement.

15. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

Doesn't have to be, by why wouldn't you have them be? To be a well placed look out wouldn't you want them to have a really good view of everything that can happen and concealment? Pretty good start to a hide right there.

16. Zombie Lover

Dale deliberatly provokes Shane. That is not the act of a wise man. He tells Lori- the pregant wife and Shane's ex-lover, that Shane might be an evil killer. Why? Where is his proof?

Washing clothing really isn't that tough. People used to just have one set, and you washed and hung 'em up to dry in the evening and had them ready in the AM. They probably do lookout duty in shifts so the lookout doesn't get tired, and that allows you ample time to wash your own clothing. Really, not that har.

17. Canadian36

Canadian36 Member

She's just like Rick. Think's she's running the show. They think they're king and queen bees. They
    re arrogant, pompus, egotistical, narsasistic, schemeing, caniving, power hungry, control freaks, both of them!

18. silmarien

silmarien Member

Except Dale is right about Shane. It's a hunch he has, intuitively, not proof based on evidence. Oh, other than the fact Shane admitted to Dale that he outright killed Otis, and acts like a complete dick to Dale. That's some pretty compelling evidence to me.

19. Cal_For_Carol

Cal_For_Carol Member

Andrea, at the Atlanta Camp, is shown to do laundry (Tell It To the Frogs) and get food (fishing in Vatos), she's also shown to volunteer to go on supply runs (Guts) but in season 2 she is shown to go looking for a missing Sophia (What Lies Ahead) and (Secrets), as well as keep watch on top of the RV (Chupacabra) and (18 Miles Out). She definitely did contribute to the group.

20. bendavp

bendavp New Member

This point might have been mentioned already (sorry I'm too lazy to read 6 pages :p) but when it was Maggie, Lori, and Andrea outside, I felt soooooo bad for Andrea. This time I agree with her. Beth made her choice and it was because Andrea did what she did. She did the right thing, but I guess in the heat of the moment Lori and Maggie were too panicky (for lack of better word) to ponder the fact that maybe they were wrong. Idk thats just my opinion...