Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"Good-bye, brother..."

Discussion in 'Episode 211 - Judge, Jury, Executioner' started by Syphon, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Syphon

Syphon Member

Noooo, Dale ='[

2. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

Good riddance, brother.

3. Syphon

Syphon Member

You're not welcome in this thread, leave, now!

4. Syphon

Syphon Member

am i the only one who cares about dale being dead =[?

5. Lucky

Lucky Member

He could be annoying at times, but I was sad and surprised to see him go. RIP Dale.

6. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I didn't agree with Dale's defense of Randall, but I'm sorry that he's dead.

Yes, the group needs to hold on to their humanity, but he was wrong on this case.

7. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I can't help but feel that his death is really going to fracture the group. At least until the one stirring the pot so much goes out too... which if the spoilers are true should be wtihin the next two episodes.

#7 Felicia, Mar 4, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  8. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

I was bummed to see Dale go. Thing is, as he was walking through the field I figured he was going somewhere quiet to put his mouth around the business end of his rifle. He said he didn't want to be around this shit anymore. Referring to killing Randall.

9. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I did get the impression he was walking into the woods to end it and then got side tracked by the killed cow and his guts being pulled out. I guess its like that little girl. He only thought he didnt' want to live in that world until the reality of dying in that world pulled his guts out. I can't help but think that no matter what this couldn't end well for Dale. He wanted everyone to be civilized and humane and its just not that kind of world anymore.

10. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

The story that Randall told of the supply run that he went on was sad. That is the world that some people have decided to make it. Doesn't mean that it has to be that way. Just need to take it back from them. I know, I know... lofty idea. That's what Dale was fighting for and the group he was with has given up on that. Or as Daryl put it; "This group is broken."

11. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

I like how Daryl came back alive in that episode...he started the episode and ended it!

12. Lonesome Lurker

Lonesome Lurker Active Member

I did not agree with his ideas, yet, he was only trying to keep humanity inside the group. I thought Carl should have been devoured instead of Dale. He's far from my favorite character but RIP Dale!

13. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

i liked Dale at first... but he became preachy and obnoxious. so im glad hes dead. way too idealistic. he needed a dose of reality and unfortunately for him it came in the form of a walker ripping his guts out. hopefully with him gone theyll two piece Randall finally

14. boutte

boutte Active Member

that's pretty much my feeling as well.

15. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Guess who's next :zombies_lol:

16. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

:zombies_lol: Mhm!

17. JFB_JP

JFB_JP Member

I was disappointed to see Dale go. I may not have agreed with everything he did or said, but I could see where he was coming from. Everyone keeps saying he was completely wrong and Randall should have died, but do you really think you could kill somebody so easily? If your answer is yes, you might be a sociopath...

On a slightly different subject, was Jeffrey DeMunn (Dale) the actor rumored to want off the show because of the whole Frank Darabont incident? It's a shame, he's a good actor, and I think his character could have been redeemed even to the non-Dale fans if given the time to evolve. Either way, that was pretty much the most brutal way to off a character.

P.S. Carl really was a little jackass this episode...

18. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

That is what I'll be saying next week

Except drop the brother. :Grin:

19. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

The show never did Dale justice. But I think he is a good character, and I think he could survive a long time with his mindset. The group needs him. I think you will see Hershel take a more active role in the conscience of the group in the future.

We need more characters. In the comics the group wasn't this small and if they are losing 1 or 2 more by the end of the season, they definitely need to add some new members.

I think if they would have treated Randall better, he would have stayed with them. But since they have treated them this way, they lost any chance of that. Dale was right. This kid would have come around if he knew he were part of a group that was more human. I find it hard to believe that Maggie's family went to school and church with the kid and not had any sense of what type of guy he was.

20. DAGATH

DAGATH New Member

+1 this!

But if Dale was the self righteous extreme then shane is the polar opposite and i'll be happy enough when rick puts shane away but only after shane gets zombified! preferably slowly zombified