Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Good First Episode

Discussion in 'Episode 901 - A New Beginning' started by Terminator, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

So, what's everyone's opinion, overall, of the first episode? IMO I thought it was well done. Great to see the group together in several scenes although some didn't have much screen time. The trek to Washington was interesting. They've laid the seeds of discontent and killed that asshole Gregory. Even just the first few minutes were better than the entire last 8 episodes of Fear S4!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Ok...
    First off I do think that TWD being the original, FTWD and TD are both spin-offs done purely for revenue generating purposes and IRDC how well veiled and how much anyone defends this position, the simple fact is that any show spun off TWD is done simply because the greedy folks up top saw the viewer as a product to be fleeced for their advertisement value.
    BOOM.

So then...
    Yup, I thought the show was all right.

The Mag did something extremely stupid by hanging Gregory although in ways it comes as no surprise and this simple reaffirms my position. Which, I have said it before and I will say it again: The Rick & Co have turned into the exact type of people they so vehemently fought against all these seasons.

Today I completely understand, with the exception of outright hostiles, why anyone running across the Rick & Co would KOS them.
    Boom.

But, it was all right.
    Bit heavy on the horsery.
    But all right.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Michael Corleone

Michael Corleone New Member

It was a good, solid episode. I'm glad to see things moving in this direction, borrowing from the beginnings of the US to start a new civilization. Although it's not my favorite season premiere - the bar is high for that with several contenders. But it's not my least favorite either. I like the atmosphere of this season, very fresh.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I believe there's a scene in E2 where Rick is compared to Negan. I don't see that yet as Rick doesn't just kill a member of a new group to "set the standard". Maggie had to kill Gregory as it was obvious he tried to have her murdered (but tried to keep his hands clean). So what else was she supposed to do? She could have banished him, but he's such a wimp that would have been a death sentence anyway. The hanging will probably lead to more discontent, but that will be the showrunners plan.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

He didn't just try to have her killed,he tried to do it himself when his stupid "Plan" did not work out.

This hanging takes the show in a different direction for sure and we are of course being asked to believe that this is the point where the society in the show is now that there is some order from all of the chaos.

But I had never seen these people before and have no recollection of them at all(Ken and his family).
    I think they also had set us up to accept that since the War things had calmed down and Gregory was portrayed as being redeemed somewhat as a normal productive member of the Hilltop and was evidently even a candidate for leader of the Hilltop?
    Maggie even seemed to be giving him the Benefit of the doubt while talking to him right up to the point that he tries to kill her and he is Hung.

So the pace of the whole thing did not add up for me at all,maybe they just had to get one more of the same ad in there so logic vanished?

Why not have a Council like at the Prison so there is a group deciding things like this,this is where the whole notion of the Capitol Punishment falls apart for me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Just hopping in for a second, I think Ken and his family (along wirh Marco) are supposed to be new residents or something, like welcomed over the 1.5 year time skip. Based off the conversations wirh Tammy and Earl, it sounded like they were newbies and not fully aware of Gregory’s history as a shitty leader etc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I finally got to see the primere. Enjoyed seeing things seemingly returning to normal but I couldn't believe some of what had transpired.

First off, why were the Savior's still living at the Sanctuary? As Daryl pointed out, nothing was growing there (except some corn which was being made into fuel) cause it was a damn factory. Those people should have been relocated right after the war, and certainly now since the other colonies still have to provide them food and it's causing understandable resentment.

Certainly there must be other towns, like where the library people lived, where the Savior families could move into homes and till fertile land as it's painfully obviously that the living are surviving in an agrarian society. They can't continue living like they did under Negan. Walls could be built around their new town and they could start pulling their own weight.

Where were the war crimes trials? What good does it do to keep Negan in a cell? Yes, an old point but he needed to be tried publically and executed cause there's no rehabilitating him and now we saw that there is some sentiment at the Sanctuary that's reviving his cult. Maggie was right to hang Gregory, I just hope she had a trial first. There has to be due process to shore up the legitimacy of the current leaders.

Then I took exception to how that young boy lost his life. In a society where horses are important, why wasn't the horse cut loose immediately rather than have the kid who took care of them, an obvious animal lover, run back to do what should have been done already? Seems like at this point it shouldn't have happened.

I don't even believe the wagon was heavier than what the steel girded glass floor could hold back at the museum. Glass can be incredibly strong. I did love seeing the "new" Jadis though, and could baby Hershel be any cuter? I could have hung Gregory just for pushing him over while he was in his stroller, lol. Go, Zeke! Carol will come around. I knew he loved her from the moment he brought her pomegranates.

I know that, "they lived happily ever after" doesn't make for a good drama and I'm not sure why it's bothering me so after seasons of stupid occurrences that viewers have always pointed out so I'll try to stay positive and chalk it up to the human race finding a way to cause it's own extinction despite all their advantages.

#7 purriwinkle, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Meh, Tammy said she voted for Maggie and that Gregory was a snake. They've been there a while.

#8 PepperAnn, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  9. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Yeah for a while I would say probably a year. Idk if they’re another one of those “always been there just not seen” type of people but who knows, I already like them. Brett Butler has done fantastic work as Tammy Rose that I wana see more of her already!

• Agree Agree x 2