Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"Good people are the first ones to die."

Discussion in 'Episode 103 - The Dog' started by and138, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I don't think Travis is soft, if he was he would never have gone in to the junkie den by himself to verify Nick's story. Travis is just living up to his moral code. That code might change radically once things get worse, and he accepts the "reality" of the situation. If he lives long enough to adopt a survival mentality, I think he'll do o.k.

2. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Good point.
    Maybe soft is the wrong word,I don't know, I liked him the first episode but have gradually come to find him annoying.. it's early yet so maybe as things progress he will change my mind like you say. If I weren't already acquainted with the ZA world, I might find him less frustrating.

3. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Good point. This is representative of another theme -- who can be trusted? -- that is present throughout the TWD franchise. I feel as if Daniel has a really interesting, dark backstory, and I hope we get to find out about at least some of it this season. Maybe he trusted the wrong person during the civil war? Also, if the good die early, and Daniel made it through the war, what does that say about him?

4. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

whoah...that's good...never thought about it like that

5. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I don't think he's a bad person. He's basically a good person who wants to protect his family above all. However, I do think he has some skeletons in his closet, and he knows what it's like to have to make some hard choices. I think that's what Travis will have to learn. Like on the main show, how do you preserve your morals and humanity when faced with certain life-or-death choices?

6. Moor-Angol

Moor-Angol Member

I just think the difference between Travis and Daniel is that the latter shot in the head to the zombie, while Travis was trying "to help him".
    So Daniel escaped from the El Salvador civil war, he already witnessed people dying, people making bad things, Travis had a more "peaceful" life and he can't accept the violence.
    That's the reason of those words, if Travis wants to survive he will have to change is behaviour, in the same way it happened to Rick.

I just didn't understand if Daniel's wife we'll get infected or not due to the leg injury; if so, it will be a really break point for him considering she is the only persone he listens to

7. Montyzuma

Montyzuma Member

My first thought was to not waste the gasoline.

8. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

People have an unquenchable need to sort and classify, sort and classify. If anyone is less than thrilled with the new series, thus is probably exactly why. It's a new story! Let it live and breathe, people. Otherwise, the viewers might as well be the zombies, wandering aimlessly, like the fly that keeps hitting the glass.

9. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

It's in the writing. Remember there was a time when the writers actually got us to feel sympathy for the Governor when he was at his lowest point.

10. Morgotha

I don't think she's infected with the zombie disease from her wound, I think Lisa's point was that it was deep wound and guaranteed to be infected, and without proper medical care (which they don't have) she's going to die from it, and then turn. Which seems pretty accurate.

Unfortunately for Mrs. Salazar, the best course of action is probably to try amputating her foot before she gets septic.

11. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

There's another thread that ties the shows, comic, and Telltale game together. Eventually, someone's gonna get sumpthin' amputated -- crudely. :Grin:

12. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

This is an interesting observation?
    He likely also feels somewhat guilty that he was a survivor when so many others were not back in El Salvador and sort of like Bob Stookey felt he is maybe the last one standing already and is scared it could happen again.

He said at first they would go in different directions but the minute he needs the help of Travis' family his direction changes,Deja Vu all over again maybe as Alicia alludes to?

I really like the dynamic they are setting up between the families in this show and look forward to them using the strengths of each to survive.

#32 EZD, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  13. Morgotha

Yea, but at least here they won't need to use an axe. They can take some time beforehand, sterilize everything as best they can, try and pry some morphine away from Nick and go for it. Your foot or your life. Some people would decide both ways in that scenario, I bet.

14. Moor-Angol

Moor-Angol Member

oh yeah, I didn't think about that, thanks for the explanation :)

15. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It looks like Madison is going to be the lead in this series, and I could see Daniel being her right hand man. They already saw eye to eye on the need for the kids to become familiar with guns and defending themselves, and civilization hasn't totally unraveled yet. They're probably going to see things similarly because there is real toughness/strength in Madison. She would've put down her neighbor if it hadn't been for Travis. Daniel, while in the house, also remarked at that point that Travis was weak. That was also I think a big factor in why Daniel didn't want his family going with them, he thinks Travis could get them all killed.

16. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Travis wants to pack up his family and move to Terminus. Daniel knows better.

17. gracelesswalker

gracelesswalker New Member

I think we also have to take into account that Travis knew this neighbor. Daniel didn't. I think Daniel might struggle a little more if it was someone he was friends with. There is lots of evidence that their neighborhood was close knit. Madison has moved more into Daniel's way of thinking because she's already dealt with that realization with the principal that they must be killed or they will kill you.

18. gracelesswalker

gracelesswalker New Member

Travis is what Terminus was before. Daniel is the after, because he's been through hell now, just like those at Terminus. They all started off as Travis'. It's just two ends of the same progression.

19. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

That's an interesting thought about Daniel and Madison. It's entirely possible.

Definitely I can see something happening within the next few episodes where Daniel and Travis will disagree about how to best handle a situation (similar to a Shane vs. Rick disagreement), based on their different outlooks, and Madison will have to pick sides.

20. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Personally, i think they are setting Travis up for a huge metamorphosis. I think it will be hugely entertaining to see him go from one extreme to another. There is a reason they referred to Jack London "to Build a Fire"....We heard it in the first episode about "learning how not to die"..they titled the 3rd episode "The Dog" in reference to that too (my opinion)....so i think that Travis is going to have a realization like the subject in that story, who begins calm and gets more frantic with each attempt at survival. His innocence and good nature will go out the window with each situation he confronts,,,from Pete the neighbour to the Army to whatever else is coming.