Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Good things about No One's Gone

Discussion in 'Episode 408 - No One's Gone' started by Lindigo, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

June!!! I love that Laura/Naomi has yet another name. No matter what month she had been named, it would have been John's favorite month. lol. I love that he is going to pull through--he did a scarily convincing death stare.

I liked Madison telling her story to Al in the rain at night. I could almost smell the rain.

I liked Madison finding her family at the motel with the three clicks of the walkie-talkie. I was surprised they motel-hopped. Maybe they found food in the little fridges. I don't know why Nick was in bad shape--too much time confusion for me--but it was still nice.

• Like Like x 1
  2. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Before "getting better" at the stadium, it was noted that Nick was suffering from panic attacks or something like that... Couldn't stand going out. I guess it's post-dam-trauma.

• Like Like x 2
  3. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

He was probably suffering flashbacks.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

Solid episode. Top to bottom. Answered questions, the time jumps were relevant (kept viewers guessing "is this present?" and answered in the end, no it was a jump back before the diamond.) John and "June" survived, no lame ass Shakespeare/Greek tragedy rip off here. And Madison died saving her kids... what more could you ask for?

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I liked it. Specially when Morgan gave Alicia a hug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the hell out of this episode. And I think the story really only could have been told in pieces and time jumps for it to be as compelling as it was. Best season so far for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I was happy that Alicia finally broke down & dropped the revenge kill act...and who else would have gotten her to besides Morgan? She was getting a bit too one-track mind for me. But overall this was a great episode with lots of suspense. I love the complexities of the group and how it's never just "good guys" and "bad guys". TWD plays with that idea too, but i think FTWD does it in a little bit more nuanced way that I think might happen in real life.

I have some nitpicks that i'll either keep to myself or save for the complaints thread. :p Overall I really enjoyed this episode.

I love that Madison met Al prior to the stadium...as others have said, I assumed at first that she came across her after the stadium fell.

John LIVES. Hooray!

Oh and it's too bad about Madison! I was really getting to like her. She went out in a great way though by saving her kids and the others by going down with the place she built. I honestly can't imagine being a mother in a world like that.

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I think this was a great episode with nice little twists. Morgan's involvement was a plus (was really getting annoyed by him). I love seeing crazy Alicia to be honest but happy she is coming back to normal. Unfortunately I just knew Madison was dead. I enjoyed her on the show I know most haven't but I liked her leadership. I'm wondering if Charlie killing Nick will be addressed or if it's all under the bridge now. I mean Alicia killed Mel an eye for eye?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I shit all over the episode in the other thread, so here's my positive take aways.

While I think the payoff in this episode was weak, I think it sets up an interesting story going forward. I look at this as a soft reboot. Basically the show will now be like TWD and focus on a group of people from all walks of life forming a family. Where as FTWD had actually been about a family. So this is the show going forward. Alicia, Strand, Lanaju, Charlie, Al, Morgan, and John trying to find a safe place to build a life. Seasons 1-3 were really just the backstory for two of the characters, 4A was setting up the future.

I think this episode, as well as all of 4A is setting up an interesting story. How do they take care of and "raise" a kid who killed a loved one? How do these people come together and become a family? When they come across new people how do they react, given what they just went through? Madison believed in helping people and it ended up killing her, Nick sought revenge and it ended up killing him. So how do those two things effect Alicia and Strand going forward?

Alicia is without her guide AND without anybody to guide. She has been established as someone who did the right things and her Mother didn't have to worry about her, yet she always had to look out for her Brother. Be both the guide and the follower. With both of those two influences gone, her arc is going to become VERY interesting. Especially since in season 3 she wanted to be alone and away from Madison and Nick....now she has no choice.

Strand no longer has his moral compass, will her memory keep him on the right path?

Al and Morgan both believe in people, how will their positions influence the others?

John isn't a leader and he isn't a follower. Will he take a position of leadership or stand back and let others lead? He doesn't seem like a middle ground type guy, he will either lead or follow.

Lanaju? Does she stay? Does she want to be part of this?

How will all those character traits work together? That should be interesting to watch.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Alicia <3

Season 1 characters are being hunted, we have to protect her precious soul at all costs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

You forgot about lucy.. lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

or Julana......Junala.....Lajuna.....Nalaju....Najula

#12 Dnae, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018