Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Great First Episode

Discussion in 'Episode 801 - Mercy' started by Terminator, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I thought this first episode was great. I'm sure there will be detractors, so go ahead and let's have it. For example, why didn't a sniper just pick off Negan.
    BTW - Alanna Masterson looked HOT on The Talking Dead.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

My mom kept complaining about the sniping part lol.

3. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Yeah that was way too much talking to me. If killing Negan would have been the icing on the cake, he should not have been able to waltz out there like that without picking up a few new holes.

4. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

It was a terrible premiere. too much lofty dialogue and artsy fartsy shots. Why not make an episode that isn't trying to grab an Emmy, and make one like "No Sanctuary"?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Horrible premiere. When did TWD become all about time jumps, flashbacks, long and winded speeches, and characters lacking in common sense?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Sully

Sully Active Member

I loved it. One of my favorite episodes to date.

I liked the beginning where they start picking off all the look outs that Dwight gave them.

I love those stealth kills on TWD. Reminded me of the episode where they first attack Negan's outpost.

Gabriel annoyed me though. He should've ran Gregory over.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. brucellosis

brucellosis New Member

Right, I thought so as well.. could've been fixed if Negan, Simone etc had come out but had a little cover

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

Gonna attempt to answer in order: S5, S4, S5 and S2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. WalkerHill

WalkerHill Active Member

If they’re doing this for an attempt to grab an Emmy, it’s a pitiful try. Once Melissa McBride didn’t get a nomination, it was pretty much sealed that they’d stay specifically in the special effects area.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. miltk

miltk Member

good come uppance first episode but i have issues with the directing of the negan character. he's up against the group and he.'spouting the same bravado crap as he always does, as if h's completely oblivious to the danger. similarly when gabriel finds himself trapped in the rv with negan, what does negan do? he says "i hope you have your shittin' pants on" again in that tone like he's got this. in that scene he should have just whacked gabriel and said the line AFTER.

that's my one gripe with how the actor was directed. he was always a pontificating fool, even in the worst of times.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I liked it! I was wondering why they were wasting ammo shooting at the windows and then someone said for the sound to draw the walkers. Never thought of that. They could have totally taken the shot on anyone of them. Gabriel is locked in the trailer with Negan with a weapon. How could he not just kill him? He should have run over Gregory. I loved the arrow message to Dwight. Loved the sneak attacks to take out the look outs. Cracked me up when Daryl grabbed the guy and appeared with his smoke. lol

• Like Like x 2
  12. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

I thought it was great! Rick and crew are back, not cowering. I was and am curious about the "older Rick" scenes though, wonder if it's more than him just dreaming about what life could be like. I do hope someone Gabriel gets out of his predicament...

13. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Good point on drawing the walkers. I also thought they were just trying to do as much damage to the Sanctuary as possible. Father Gabriel wasn't fully turned toward Negan, so couldn't have gotten a good shot off. Also wondering about the "old Rick" scenes. Looks like they're setting us up for a happy ending at some point.

14. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

when was it ever not about that stuff?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

This is what happens when you hand the keys to the makeup guy, who's had no previous directing experience at all. Pretentious, condescending shots that don't tell a real story. Welcome to film school amateur hour.

• Like Like x 2
  16. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

That Daryl took out the front tire on Dwight's bike was kinda like a middle-finger-salute - LOL!

That scene where Daryl took out the guy and took his cig was great!!. I rewound that and watched it again!:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I thought so too. LOL

18. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

That, and when you make a hipster fanboy who keeps kissing up to the creator of the comic book your showrunner.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Condition 1

Condition 1 New Member

Good to see they are finally strategizing and thinking for a change. They need to be so many steps ahead of Negan and the Saviors to stay ahead. Their only hope, since even with all camps combined they still have a lower number of combatants, is using guerilla warfare tactics!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. 190

190 New Member

As much as we all would love to see Neegans demise,we all knew it wouldn't happen in the first episode of the new season. As fans let's just be glad we have our drug that is the Walking Dead back once again lol. You do make a good point though,he should've at least taken a bullet or two.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1