Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Great First Episode

Discussion in 'Episode 801 - Mercy' started by Terminator, Oct 22, 2017.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

2. 190

190 New Member

I agree I loved the episode, I was also wondering if Rick was dreaming about a future that could be,or were they snap shots of his future. Lol I thought it was funny how much Rick aged, but Michonne still looked great.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. 190

190 New Member

Thank you very much, I'm glad to be here and ready to engage in some interesting dialogue.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I need to re-watch it, since I was in a very excited crowd while watching...but I loved it upon first viewing. Of course we all wanted Rick to shoot Negan, but they were going for strategy first and then when that didn't work they started shooting. What a boring season we would be in for if he would have just shot Negan right then and there.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. 190

190 New Member

I agree.

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am NOT a fan of Daryl and I really liked both of those scenes!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Thanks for this thread @Terminator

When I get home I now have a place to gush about all the things I thought they got right in this episode!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!!! Look forward to more posts

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mell95

Mell95 Member

I enjoyed it; and as i said before it had it all: you could see most of the characters, emotion, action, nice speeches, .... .
    my parents were ranting about why he doesnt shoot Negan right away, and i was explaining to them that it's NOT about just ONE person, besides they have a plan and they cant just blow it by shooting him soon.
    i need to rewatch it again tho. i couldnt get why they kept shooting at the windows ?!
    Anyway, all of TWD females are just HOOOOT!!:p

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Rick's face was full of stink-eye lines.

11. 190

190 New Member

They were shooting to make noise to attract the walkers. I agree with you great episode, can't wait until this Sunday!

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. PepperAnn

Yeah there was some reason for the windows. It was too orchestrated. I am sure there is a lot more of this plan that will be revealed next week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I liked the episode too. First, I'm glad, Rick and Co are standing and fighting again. Nearly all characters had some nice scenes, apart from Rosita, but she did enough harm last season, better to let her cool down a bit.
    I liked the plan in bringing the horde down on the Sanctuary to do the actual fighting and to distract the saviors from doing more harm to the living. I agree with some critics, that maybe, they should have shoot Negan on the spot, but I guess, they tried to keep Negan and his lieutenants in the open until the horde arrived and that means trash talk for a while.
    I'm a bit worried about Gabriel, I really start liking that guy and it would be sad to see him gone so soon - and because of Gregory no less.
    DId I mention, how much I liked Ezekiel? He is the best, I just love, how he started quoting Shakespeare and smiling, when all the others get a big case of hero speech. Plus he walks through the ZA with grace and style.
    I loved it, when Rick did shoot a photo of Negan hiding in that heap of trash, when the walkers attacked.
    Oh and I especially liked Tara, Carl and Daryl in this episode and Jesus 'Hilltop follows Maggie'.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 190

190 New Member

I love your analysis.

15. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Wasn't my favorite, but I liked it. The overall story is what was good.
    And face it. If they would have killed Negan. That overall story, would be done. Now, we at least get to anticipate what's going to happen next.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I really liked the episode. Yeah, it was a bit subdued when compared to oh lets say the carnage of season 7's premier. But the foundation for what is to come was nicely laid out before us.

Let's talk about Rick not killing Negan when he, in some people's view, had the chance. Well lets see, Rick and his crew were outnumbered for one. No doubt a great number of saviors were inside the sanctuary. Rick is thinking his way through, he has a plan. He is not relying on the knee jerk reaction strategy. He had people out in the field making concerted moves to lead the horde to Negan. He had people out in the field taking out the lookouts. After the horde is led to the Sanctuary Rick and Co. carried on with the plan of taking out the outposts. There is no way that Rick's army would be successful if they went in guns blazing. They are outnumbered. So with that in mind they have to be smart, they have to approach this with a guerrilla warfare mentality.

The shooting of the glass - they were using the noise to further draw the horde to the sanctuary. They could not fire directly into the building. Innocent people are also living there. People who were just looking for a safe place to live and who are not part of the "mafia". Shooting out the glass was not only a means to draw the horde but at the same time instilling a bit "oh shit" into the grunt saviors and people living at the compound. Hell just after Rick offers for the lieutenants to surrender Gavin is ready to take a time out to think about. I can imagine that gunfire and glass raining down on you while you see your leaders running back inside to take shelter may have you re-thinking your allegiance and who might be the better choice to stand with.

I always adored snarky Rick and Rick was at the height of snarkiness this episode! "You're going to make me count"? "It's the only way" - throwing the Neganisms back in Negan's face LOVED IT!!! And his jab at Eugene "I know who you are"....Eugene is kicking himself in the ass telling Rick he was Negan.

All the homages to past seasons was awesome, especially having teddy bear girl come back.

The bits where we see, one by one, the lookouts taken out. That was great. Especially the one with the cigarette dude being nabbed by the collar off camera and then lo and behold Daryl comes on screen smoking dudes cigarette. I am not a big fan of Daryl's but THAT was a great scene.

The timelines - confusing. But I am okay with that because I think as this half of the season progresses the pieces will fall into place. I am certain that when that happens my heart will probably break, but with this show that is to be expected.

I am really looking forward to finding out more about the character many believe to be Siddiq.

Overall I loved the episode. In the ratings thread I gave it a 9 and I am sticking to my rating!!

I get that the show is not perfect. And I get that not everyone is going to feel the love that I have for the show. I understand constructive criticism is also a part of this forum. And having a bit of fun at the expense of characters and the show from time to time is also a given (lawd knows I am guilty about my snarky quips in regard to a certain redneck). BUT there are those who do nothing but shit on the show and drag this forum down into a place that at times becomes not a fun place to hang. They rarely if ever have any positive feedback to give. So suck it to the ones who constantly bitch moan and complain about the same shit over and over again.

Here ya go @Jen7 and @PepperAnn - my two cents worth :p

#36 Dnae, Oct 26, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. PepperAnn

@Rapscallion we are lookin at YOU. :p

18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

among others

19. PepperAnn

Yeah I get not liking it.....but....

#1 why are you still watching
    #2 keep it where it belongs, in the complaint thread. Don't bring it up in EVERY THREAD AND the damn SHOUTBOX. LOL

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Ok any soldier would take out the bad guy at every opportunity period.

To suggest otherwise is just unrealistic and this is where they went wrong for me just not believable at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2