Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Gregory and Hilltop

Discussion in 'Episode 611 - Knots Untie' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

How does everyone like them?

And for us comic readers, did they do them justice?

2. Mello

Mello Member

Do I wanna sock Gregory in the face on sight? Yes.

Yeaahhh, they did Gregory justice.

3. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I like the Hilltop for the most part. But there is something a bit off to me. I think it feels just a bit too empty. It being small is one thing since there's nothing they can really do about it, but I wish they had it a bit more crowded and lively. Other than that, decent. It had a very different feel to it, too.

Gregory though? Perfect debut. F*cking perfect.

4. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Yes and yes. I was fangirling hard over how good the hilltop looked. Like I said it looked like a page right out of the comic.

5. TROR

TROR Member

The Hilltop looked fantastic. Was a bit small, but whatever, that's fine. Gregory was so on point. This season is so great.

6. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Gregory was a dick, and 'his' mansion, art, etc. and his claim to it, can't wait until he gets it.

7. J K

J K Member

Yes and yes, like others said Hilltop was smaller than I thought it would be.

Gregory was spot on with what I was expecting comic wise. An arrogant, hateable, scheming, bureaucrat douchebag from the second we meet him. Nice to see him get shanked almost immediately lol.

8. Spartangal22

Spartangal22 Member

Hilltop was a fun contrast to Alexandria, with the latter looking all suburban and shiny and clean while the former looks like some sort of old-time colonial village (since it was a historical site, this makes sense.)

Gregory was perfect. Smarmy and unpleasant, like he should be.

9. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Truth be known the whole thing stinks of setup, the smell worsened when the Neg word got dropped. And maybe they're just desperate at this stage but that doesn't speak highly of how Paul portrayed them. He could have been a little bit more upfront from the start, not act like he was the King of Nirvana.

There were so many inconsistencies...

#9 8307c4, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  10. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

De they do him justice?

11. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Give em time. Gregory is already tying knots--Not to twist the title or anything... ;p

12. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

The guy was an ahole. I was half hoping Maggie would pull out her sidearm stick it in his mouth and say to him: you have plenty to eat, well eat this you ahole.

13. sheryden

sheryden Member

* Hilltop looked great - the mansion, the trailers, the general feel of it all. BUT like others, I figured it would be bigger. And there wasn't a lot of activity buzzing around in the background for such a big community. Assuming they making it the size it was in the comic.

* Gregory was perfect. I wanted to take a shower after watching his scenes.

* They did a great job with minor characters like Kal, Harlan, and Earl. While I think it was a little convenient that Glenn and Maggie just happened to pick up an obstetrician on the way to Hilltop, I've always liked Harlan, and I think they did a good job with casting.

14. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Hilltop did look great. That must have been a lot of work.

No braces on the walls. Either they didn't have to worry about meeting building codes or they drove the piles in deep. I would love to see some photos of that construction process.

Not a comic reader, so my mind flashed to Into The Badlands. Asian dude with stabby object guarding a white dude in a mansion. That was probably some sumbliminable advertising there.

I didn't find Gregory as smarmy as the rest of you, it seems. At first I didn't understand where his authority came from, until I learned that he was Negan's bitch. Then he was just a tough negotiator to me. Of course, if he sells out Rick's group (and his own) and Glenn dies because of it, I will hate him.

ETA: Gregory looks like Toby Ziegler from The West Wing, who also behaved like he was superior to everyone else, and later leaked classified information.

ETA2: That bit about the mansion providing vision for miles was crapola. Hilltop is under Negan's protection racket.

ETA: I'd even wager that Gregory's claim that they had ammo was false. If the Hilltoppers had guns the guards would have been carrying them.

#14 westwingnut, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  15. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

the funny thing about Hilltop was "where's the hill?"

anyway, i thought it was cool and Gregory was a dick just like the comics

16. EvieE

EvieE Member

If he's a douche canoe in the comics then yeah, they did a good job with him. I didn't like this guy on sight.

17. Montyzuma

Montyzuma Member

I wondered who would be the first to mention that!

18. hellbunny

hellbunny Member

I appreciated how well Gregory was portrayed and I always like sketchy characters. I was very impressed.

19. Znuts

Znuts Member

I just liked having a new setting for the show.

20. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

i did think that Hilltop would be a bit larger as well. also, would like to see out those windows that they have which they claim can see for miles around them. im wondering if they have someone up there constantly on lookout. based on what we saw in the first episode, i have a feeling they don't. i also pictured Gregory as being a little pudgier.