Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Guitar players

Discussion in 'Music' started by TWDfan87893, Mar 7, 2015.

1. TWDfan87893

TWDfan87893 Active Member

Hey guys, wanted to see how many guitar players/musicians we had on the boards. I've been playing guitar for about 2 years now. Trying to learn one song at a time, I've picked up about 25 different songs so far. Bought a Fender FA100 back when I first started and still have it to this day! Here's to the Musicians!

2. TexinOhio

TexinOhio Member

Quick rundown; Formally trained in percussion,voice, and piano during my childhood and grade school. Self taught the guitar during my days in college.

My equipment list is; Tama Rockstar DX 8 piece kit with I think 13 different snare drums at last count a few years ago, DW pedals and Sabian cymbals.

6 Alvarez acoustic guitars, 1 Martin backpacker, 2 Yamaha acoustic guitars.

2 Gibson Les Pauls, 1 Fender Telecaster.

Line 6 amps and effects.

Yamaha P95 Digital Piano.

Macbook Pro running Logic, Shure vocal mic/cad drum mics.

Lots of toys to play with.

3. TWDfan87893

TWDfan87893 Active Member

Awesome! I actually used to have a Yamaha Acoustic back when I was younger and didn't know how to play. Sold it and regretted it ever since, it was a really nice guitar.

4. Strife

Strife Member

Got 2 electrics, 2 acoustics, and an acoustic 12 string, 1 bass, 1 keyboard, and 2 drum machines. And turntables.
    Wanna get a dinky classical as well to play some of that spanish fly shit ahha.

I taught myself with tabs, basic chords, and anything else I could find on the internet when I was in grade 7 or so. I found it pretty easy to pick up self-taught but then again I did have a violin background 4 years prior to that...though the majority of my theory has gone out the window ffs. XD

5. Heriot of Fire

Learning by myself for a bit more than a year now on acoustic as well as e-guitar. Got a Yamaha acoustic and a Hagstrom Swede together with a H&K amp, RP90 pedal and a JamMan looper which makes for some alright amateur recording. Only lack a proper recording tool for my macbook. Reaper is a bloody pain in the arse.
    Also had a Gibson Les Paul Gothic back in the day when I couldn't play which I unfortunately sold. That was some sweet little lass.
    It can be frustrating sometimes but all in all I'm quite content with my progress, biggest challenge is to learn to sing while playing so far.
    If you're looking for good youtube channels to learn I suggest Marty Schwartz and especially Ben Eller's 'This is why you suck at guitar'. He has a great sense of humour and points out some details about playing techniques I've never seen mentioned by others.

#5 Heriot of Fire, Nov 6, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2016