Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Advanced Warfare Multiplayer Gun Balance?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' started by HuskyGlazier, Sep 9, 2015.

1. HuskyGlazier

HuskyGlazier New Member

Now that the cycle and life of the game is almost essentially over, do you think Sledgehammer did a good job with gun balance? Personally, I think they didn't do a good enough of a job. I think it's cool that the game is almost a year in and Sledgehammer's still trying to fix things, but I don't appreciate how long it took them at the same. Especially considering that guns like the ASM1, Bal, AK12, and the HBR are the only guns being used. I think Sledgehammer overall focused too much on nerfing the great guns and didn't put enough effort into making use of guns like the NA-45, EM1, or other gimmick guns.

2. johnny123

johnny123 New Member

The problem with the game was that some guns were just too good, and others just couldn't compare. It was clearly obvious how overpowered some of the shotguns were. There attempt at nerfing guns did not go well. Overall I think what would have made the game better is if they actually balanced out the strength and weaknesses of guns early on.

3. HuskyGlazier

HuskyGlazier New Member

Yeah I would have really liked it if the gun balance was fixed earlier on in the game. I think part of the reason that Sledgehammer didn't was in order to increase longevity of the game. By delaying balancing updates by a month or so, they could get players to return on a monthly basis. But I don't think this worked because people just eventually got bored at the beginning and quit before they could witness these updates.

4. SMG

SMG Member

I still laugh when I hear people say ASM1, BAL27, etc...are the only guns being used & are the best to use :rolleyes:
    husky - of those you listed, the HBRA3 I use the most of those you listed.
    BUT fall far from what I normally use......I'll take the KF5 or MP11 any day over those.

& if people would pay attention while playing or play more often, then you'll notice a lot of people play with all types of weapons & not just the ASM1 or BAL27

5. Armando

Armando Member

I agree that the game should be more balanced. A sequel would be perfect to fine-tune the problems the first game had.

6. Spectre456 codf

Yeah, I agree with everyone here. There's definitely a few weapons that are much better than the rest. I wish this wasn't the case, but it's common in these games.

7. Atalia

Atalia New Member

I honestly feel like gun balance shouldn't be a thing. If there is, what's the point of earning a gun if is has the same amount of power of a lower gun. Being overpowered isn't always a bad thing. It just means you worked hard to get to where you are.

8. MERCURYSB3

MERCURYSB3 Well-Known Member

i get your point about gun balance, but most times we forget about the player who with some skill and a little bit of talent can make any weapon at times seem over powered.:twitch::twitch::twitch:

9. Squigly

Squigly New Member

The guns were balanced pretty well, but I still hate the fact that they added lasers to the game.

10. rz3300

rz3300 New Member

I guess that makes sense what some of the users have said about some of them just being too good to the point where nothing else could really compare. When you get that you just tend to forget about all the others which does not really do well for the whole balance aspect. I think that it was fine though, but I did find myself drawn to one or two.

11. erook7878

erook7878 Member

This is a problem with all the first person shooters. In this game in particular, some of the top guns were simply off the charts good. They certainly could have done a better job with gun balance.

12. Gombafej

Gombafej New Member

Sledgehammer did an awesome job in my opinion regarding weapon balance.

13. Destiny3614

Destiny3614 New Member

I never even really noticed it as a problem. I mean, I've heard others complain about it but it never seemed to bother me.