Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Gun jams

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by Andrei, May 5, 2014.

1. Andrei

Andrei New Member

Will we see this as well? I really hope it is one of the many features, since many games have used it (S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is the best example). Not only that it adds realism to the post apocalyptic world, but it also makes the game more challenging for everybody.

2. WhiteAsh

WhiteAsh Member

John Smedley did mention weapon and item degradation and repair. I think that gun jamming is a logical conclusion of a system like that and I hope that it will be implemented. I like that particular feature a lot, it makes firefights more tense and forces players to carry backup weapons.

3. sparkblade14

sparkblade14 Member

I just hope they don't make it as annoying as in Far Cry 2. You had to throw away a gun after like 2 magazines. It was really dumb and it meant you never really got to have a favorite gun to use. I think knives or other sharp objects getting dull and losing damage would be cool though.

4. Strykstar

Strykstar New Member

I think it depends on how hard it is to get rid of the jam.
    If you have to throw the gun away then it would be annoying as you might want to keep a certain gun around, maybe you have to switch to a different gun at the time but later you can take a little time and fix the jam, after the firefight is over.

5. Abacabb

Abacabb Member

I think it would be cool to see gun jams. Especially if the guns are super rare. It will be a nice slap in the face while zombies are after you.

Or worse, players.

Or even worse, ME. :)

6. Andrei

Andrei New Member

Thanks for answering. I hope they will make the gun jams right. I don't want to have it jammed every minute, but I also don't want to fire for an hour without having the pipe of the gun smoking.

7. Agent

Agent Member

If we are talking about how should the state of the weapon reflect on gameplay I think fallout 3 did this very good, the gun only jams when its pretty damaged and it takes a while to get. It's not game breaking but it gives you something to avoid if you're not careful.

8. StOBeR

StOBeR New Member

He more realistic the better. Maybe they could implement some sort of weapon degradation aspect to the game and the worse you guns' condition is he more prone it is to jamming.

9. troublemaker75

troublemaker75 New Member

In video games like H1Z1 I often times like to have a favorite gun that I keep on me at all times, and use when I can. Although I don't want it to be unrealistic and have it so that guns last forever, I certainly don't want my gun to jam irreparably after firing one or two magazines.

10. mark973

mark973 Member

If they do incorporate gun jams into the game, I will be so happy. It would add a whole new level of immersion and realism since you know that your gun can break even when you need it most. I think a feature like this would also make players a lot more cautious when jumping into any kind of potentially dangerous situations, whether it be with players or zombies.

11. Stopping Power

Stopping Power New Member

I should agree with the posters above, gun jams would be cool in this game, but in my opinion, this won't happen, I think that damaged guns will shoot less accurately until they are broken and won't be able to shoot and then they would need spare parts to fix them, but I just hope that when the gun breaks you won't have to throw it away.