Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

H1Z1 AMA

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by Todd Black, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Todd Black

Todd Black Member

Recently, on Reddit, H1Z1 King Of The Kill developer Anthony Castoro took to Reddit to answer some questions the fans of the shooter/survival title might have of him. Here are some questions we believe are key ones asked by fans, you can read the full AMA here.

Q:

What's the motivation behind pushing new features to this game before core features are optimized? Will gladly provide examples if they aren't clear to you.

A:

We have to do both. We have multiple teams, some of which work on optimizing/fixing the current game and some which work on new features. For example, the update currently on test has a pretty healthy mix of optimizations and player-driven changes.

Q:

Pacing of the gas circles and player count. The timing and pacing of the match still seems to not be working quite right. I play mostly doubles, and although we are Royalty, it is pretty challenging to get more than 12 kills in a game. We usually end up between 2-4 kills in the initial stage of the game. After this, it follows up with a lot of driving around looking for players before the first gas circle closes in. This is the part of the game where you can use your cars and positioning to pinch teams. It forces us to land in PV if we want a chance to come out of the city with 5-6 kills.

I think the opportunities to kill players in the middle phase of the game is very limited. Are you guys aware of this and will you be making changes to make high kill games possible?

A:

Yes, we're definitely aware of this, and I know this is one of the top priorities for /u/game_dev_carto [+1] . Safe zone timing (particularly the first one), gas ring speed, player distribution are all top of mind right now. This is also one of the primary drivers behind the new air drop system, to help drive players together mid-game.

Q:

When is the combat deathmatch coming to live servers?

A:

The team is working towards having combat deathmatch as a training/warm-up area in the next major release. I'd expect to see something on Test by November.