Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

H1Z1 Release date?! Can you fathom?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Bor, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Bor

Bor Super Moderator

Released Soon?{Updating in progress}

Note: This does not include; Early access, beta testing, etc.

When will we be able to play?!
    June 30th?!

I am surly exited!

Stay tuned!
    Nothing is 100% in place!​

#1 Bor, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
  2. Kasharic

Kasharic Member

Nothing has been officially announced by SoE that I can find so I wouldn't get hyped about this... it seems to be yet another way to get views for a company playing off the hype of an eagerly awaited game.

There is nothing on the Reddit about it, nothing on the official H1Z1 site about it... I'd ignore it if I were you bud.

3. Bor

Bor Super Moderator

I see. As for right now, this is the estimated date. I will update accordingly, but we have to strive, you know?

I improvised a bit.

Why not?

#3 Bor, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
  4. Kasharic

Kasharic Member

I've seen a few "new articles" about the "official release date"... but everything is speculation at the moment... the second SOE have decided on a release date, Smedley will tweet it, the Reddit will blow up with hype and everyone will KNOW its about to come out.

as of yet, SOE are still firmly in the "we don't know yet" stage... so any dates thrown out are either 1. going to get very lucky or 2. going to create hype that ultimately leads to disappointment.

So don't hold your breath about any dates mentioned by anyone other than SOE themselves... I will be breathing fine and patiently waiting for the release day, I hope many others join me in not trying to create false hope and false hype.

5. Vertigo

Vertigo New Member

Can't wait for release!

6. Bor

Bor Super Moderator

Same here. False hype? Come on. I'm putting theory up for debate at the least.

7. Kasharic

Kasharic Member

I like that you're putting up conversations... I just think that this particular topic is covered very well on the reddit... and the responses you can see from people getting their hopes up and it NOT coming out on unofficial launch days is clearly a negative thing...

one other thing... June 30th? will its a the 13th of July now... so I'm going to say that the 30th of June was a little overly hopeful :p

8. Bor

Bor Super Moderator

Well, yes. I am talking more about the rumors in a selective way that is pretty hard to understand, but it's propagandalishhh. You could say.

9. kghector

kghector Member

when is early access

10. Kasharic

Kasharic Member

No onw knows bud, Keep an eye on the H1Z1 reddit and John Smedleys/Jimmy Whisenhunts/Adam Cleggs Twitter... they will be the first place to have the release date mentioned.

Also, keep an eye on the "coming soon" section of Steam.

11. RedCat

RedCat New Member

I'm glad they aren't releasing it too fast. The earlier they release the more crappier it'll be, hah.

12. Corrieri

Corrieri New Member

I'm fine with them releasing it a little later with a better end product, but atleast tell us the deadline, even if it is a little later?

13. Kasharic

Kasharic Member

They don't technically have a deadline... thats kind of the point.

They have a list of things they want in EA, until that list is completed it isn't going to be released... The list will not be shown because people will get their panties in a bunch and start dictating what in their opinion needs to be in and what doesn't. and because its a list, the time line for completion of each item is variable.

Put simply, if they give a deadline, things will either 1. be rushed 2. not be present (so not what they wanted) or 3. the deadline will be missed (and they have learned not to do that from the last time.)

They themselves don't know how long it will take... if they did, they would say so... if for nothing else but to stop people complaining about it :)

14. Bor

Bor Super Moderator

Ha! I agree. Your point is pretty secure. I know this thread is obscure to the point, but it's always a good thing to be exited. I will stick with me idea, but be sure to update me though if things go to a more certain standpoint. :]

15. Bohannon

Bohannon New Member

The sooner the better!

16. Kasharic

Kasharic Member

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you here.

I would rather wait for another 2 months and get a feature full early access instead of getting it now and having an incomplete set of features.

17. mageman1842

mageman1842 New Member

how can i get involved in alpha or is there an ETA on closed beta?

18. Kasharic

Kasharic Member

There is no ETA as of yet, it will be ready, when its ready... put simply :)

But when it is released in early access you will be able to purchase it for $20 on steam... once the alpha, and beta stages are complete the full release of the game will be free to everyone.

19. Burzurk

Burzurk Member

i cant wait for the alpha for this game :)

20. Kasharic

Kasharic Member

The release date has officially been announced as the 15th of January 2015.

Hope to see you all in game :)