Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Handicapped and Learning Disabilities People

Discussion in 'Zombie Survival' started by Buttercup, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Buttercup

Buttercup Member

Do you think handicapped people and people with learning disabilities people, survived ZA?

Served handicapped and served learning disabilities people, wouldn't survive ZA.

For example someone in a wheelchair would be a hassle to take them around. Some of them, has to be in wheelchair or in bed.

People who has served learning disabilities. Have to remind them be quiet, at all times. Cause, they sometimes like to laugh, shout, or talk out loud.

People with mild learning disabilities, probably could survived the ZA. You might have to remind them be quiet, once in while. Would they understand what's going on? They might think, the Zombies will be they're friends. Go closer to the Zombie, than run away or killed the Zombie in the head.

2. I'mRickGrimes

I'mRickGrimes Member

I think that most handicapped people died in the apocalypse, it's just too hard for them to survive.

3. Branger

Branger New Member

I would think it depends. If it was a wheelchair situation but a well defended spot then sure they could still do many of the things they do now, why not be in a leadership role? As far as the bed ridden or those with severe learning disabilities the situation is most likely the same as children. If there is a place that they are not exposed then there is no reason they would not survive it. If people are still willing to care for them, and most importantly equipped to then there is no reason inside some form of "safe zone" that they or anyone could not continue living. The real issue is if their primary care giver, family or whatever is not in the picture how many would risk their lives or family for a stranger that requires them to provide fully in order to pull through. Honestly, I do not think I would as an individual for a complete stranger where my life or my families is put in danger. As a community where responsibilities are shared that would most likely change.

4. Geek Walker

Geek Walker Member

I think this covered in "Vatos" Season 1 Episode 4. They will survive for a while but I don't think it will be for very long. As they were leaving the city area, they passed by were the old folks home was and it was over-run.

5. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

I never noticed that.....guess I have to re-watch it.

6. Geek Walker

Geek Walker Member

Ya, it's been a while since I watched it too. But, I'm pretty sure it was when they were leaving the city for good after the CDC. The first episode of Season 2.

7. steely

steely Well-Known Member

The vatos tried however without excellent security and counter measures to keep both humans and walkers out, you're going to be overrun and those inside are pretty much screwed.

8. ProjectBlue

ProjectBlue Member

I had to think about this for a minute, I wanted to say that I would help another person anyway I could, but you are right. On a one to one basis you would have to put you and your family above a handicapped person. But I do not think it would be much of a problem, because most handicapped people would not survive long even if their caregiver was around. It would be great to have someone like Stephen Hawkins around to help put the world back together, but do you really think he would survive?

9. Branger

Branger New Member

A theoretical physicist is useless IMO to putting the world back together. I get your point though physical limitations are not in themselves an issue in an established group. A wheelchair bound machinist, mechanic or engineer for example would be a huge asset. It may be more of a group vs a community mentality. A smallish group, under 15 people may have no need for anything other than general knowledge to survive. A community would have need of every essential skill set to do well. Medical personal, security, agriculturally experienced et cetera. Shane in the show is a prime example of pragmatism in a disaster scenario. He understood immediate concerns vs long term unrealistic or unattainable goals. My position comes from someone however not in this situation, someone who is may have a very different personal outlook.

10. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

While it is a bit of a loophole... There's always special Olympians. There's this guy who goes to our church who competes, and I shit you not, he is ripped. Might not be the stealthiest or as equipped to deal with complex problems as other people, but I wouldn't fault his physical strength.

11. steely

steely Well-Known Member

The only problem being strength doesn't mean shit if he's not controllable, or endangers the rest of the group.

12. M3O

M3O Member

It'd be heartbreaking :'(

13. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

Those folks would be at a severe disadvantage in a ZA unfortunately, it's sad to think about it, but even the most able persons are vunerable in a situation like that too. It all comes down to luck and circumstances IMO.

14. Callysta

Callysta Active Member

Zombie bait.

15. T Dis

T Dis Active Member

Exactly. I'm currently struck down w/Sciatica (getting help slowly) and if a ZA were to happen today, I WOULD try my best to survive, but I would carry a gun if I were slowing my family or group down, or they were in a bad situation, I would hobble off in a different direction, leading the zombies away, and just as they caught me, blow my brains out so I could be used as a food source to provide extra time for the rest to escape, and provide a painless way out for myself.

If I were fixed when it happened, and had a handicapped individual with me, I would help them as much as I could, but I expect the same of them, that I would do myself. "Heeeere's yur gun."

If it were a mentally handicapped individual who could not keep up, or made too much noise, I would say "this is a gun, if they get too close, or bite you..." and yes, I would send them off in a different direction, so we could get away. I would feel really bad, but yeah...

16. sammwich

sammwich New Member

Im sure someone would set up a safe spot for them all to be cared for. and if that wasnt the case then id have to say no, they could throw a tantrum and run off at any time.
    walkers would get them

17. Walker Stalker

Walker Stalker New Member

This is a hard topic to consider but in the case of a ZA, only the strong would survive.