Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Hanging Camper who Opted Out

Discussion in 'Episode 203 - Save the Last One' started by Jakobi, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

I don't know about you...but I thought that whole seen was a riot. Here is this camper who gets bitten. He then decides to hang himself, and he turns into a zombie. Then other zombies chew his legs off. The best part is the note.

That was great.

2. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

Agreed! I loved Daryl's response to the whole matter. That would have been mine as well...Why waste the crossbow bolt on the dead, dumb-****? :)

3. jaxmagicman

jaxmagicman New Member

Why would the zombies eat his legs? The producer last week on Talking Dead said that they like alive meat.

4. Voski

Voski Member

The zombies more than likely ate his legs before he turned.

5. navyvinny

navyvinny New Member

I don't understand why the blonde chick puked. I mean, hasn't there been much, much worse zombie gore she seen than that?

6. lpseudonyml

lpseudonyml New Member

Yeah, it was a great analogy for life, in a lot of ways. Funny story, So I was watching this with my buddy when it came out, and he turns to me and says "So, what's the symbology there?"

Anyone who is a fan of Boondock Saints and Walking Dead (via. Norman Reedus connection) will appreciate that.

Needless to say, I laughed pretty damn hard.

7. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Good point!

8. MaxBrooks

MaxBrooks New Member

He hung himself incorrectly. Hanging done correctly is supposedly humane. There is an equation based on weight which will give you a drop height that will snap your neck. The magic number to hanging someone is 1000 ft lbs of force directed laterally through the spine by placing the knot under an ear. If you generate too much force then the rope beheads you.

9. AVC

AVC Member

That would depend entirely on the rope diameter wouldn't it? Snapping the neck is one thing, but to behead would require all the neck muscles and tendons to be sliced. It would take greater than a 6 foot drop to achieve that. Other variables would be the muscle mass of the subject. I guees the guy didn't have the tools to built a gallows.

And besides, even if the dude was beheaded, he would still be zombieified. The head anyway. This is why you should always wear sturdy boots in a zombie aopcalypse.

10. Lucky

Lucky Member

That was weird. I felt bad for the poor guy.

11. jordan760

jordan760 New Member

I thought it was a very sobering thing for them to come across. It was the first instance in the second series were you come across a human making a choice after they have been bit.

12. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

My thought was that he didn't die immediately after hanging and was just stuck up there, choking & gasping for air. The zombies heard the noise and then invented the world's first take-out pinata meal.

13. Damrod

Damrod Member

The meat would probably be good enough to eat for a time period after he passed until the other zombies turned their noses up to it. I liked the incident too. Got bit. Fever hit. World gone to shit. No matter what you do to survive, sometimes it doesnt work.

14. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

Sounds like a good theme for a Mexican fast food chain, lmao

15. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

Why would the walker still be hanging? After it turned its flesh would have rotted away and not be able to sustain the weight

16. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

That's not true. In the Dark Ages bodies were left hanging for weeks as a warning to others. Plus, in zombie lore, zombies rot at a slower pace than normal.

17. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Plus we don't know when he hung himself... it could be not to long before they got there.

18. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Very true.

19. Davydenko

Davydenko New Member

The first time they were going to search Sophia, there was no hanged man near the Tent!..so, I agree with you. He could be not there to long!

20. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

The only other tent I recall seeing was the one they came upon with the guy who shot himself. Unless I am mistaken, I do not recall seeing this particular one beforehand.