Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Hanging Dude

Discussion in 'Episode 904 - The Obliged' started by PepperAnn, Oct 29, 2018.

1. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

It's a long time since I read the book, but only an hour or so since I read a delightful little article in the UKs almost-left-wing rag, The Guardian:
    The rabbit language of Watership Down helped me make the leap into English
    in which a native German speaker recounts how the rabbit language in the book helped him understand how to learn a second language.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I have long believed this show is an allegory for early American settlers, it is very possible that the hanging Walker reminded Michonne of lynching and how it connects to the country's past.

The walkers represent the dangers of nature, each group representing the different philosophies of how to build a nation. Instead of dividing up by religion, race, or nationality as the settlers did, they divided up by governmental philosophies. Maybe the hanging Walker showed Michonne that Maggie was dangerously close to becoming Negan. Which would later connect to Negan telling Michonne that they were similar.

#42 Chr1s, Nov 2, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  4. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

I routinely annoy my partner by explaining that theory to her :) It's not, I think, a direct analogy to colonialism (or we'd have seen walkers bringing corn to hungry survivors, and getting diseased blankets in return :p ) but it is definitely an artistic exploration of politics with particular relevance to The American Experience.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

Surely the whole point is that we don't notice what colour of skin a villain/hero/bad guy/good guy (or woman, of course) has? Not highlight them for being white/black/pink whatever.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1