Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Has Ann/Janis redeemed herself?

Discussion in 'Episode 905 - What Comes After' started by Ubiq, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

I don't trust her! haha

2. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Two interesting theories in this thread. I'd never thought of the bitten vs non-bitten for the A & B. I've always been on the A for leader and B for follower, especially after what Jadis said to Gabe (I thought you were a B). She obviously still has a thing for Gabe by not killing (having him bitten) and leaving the note on his jacket. If, as speculated, Rick's 3 movies are about him, where he's been taken, I'm sure we'll see a lot more of Jadis and get to know her intentions. Looking forward to it.

3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah but she referred to Rick as a B.

4. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Some thought process if the A/B thing corresponds to Leader/Follower and some possible reasoning.

If A's are leadership potential, that's also the possibility of butting heads with whoever the Helicopter-Land's Powers That Be are. A's might immediately be brought in and subjected to rigorous testing or trials or interviews/interrogations, etc. They might also be watched like hawks, their every move observed and recorded. As they're the most likely to also cause trouble or foment rebellion if they don't buy in to whatever Helicopter-Land is all about.

If B's are followers, they'd be viewed as "safer". More passive. Easier to stick into labor or whatever else. Maybe not watched as hard because they're expected to easily fall into line and not be difficult to be cowed or intimidated if they do push back against Helicopter-Land's authority.

Could be, given that she views Rick as a "friend" she is trying to save, she is labeling him as a B to give him an easier time upon Helicopter-Land arrival. And she has to convince them to take a severely-injured B (and, thus, gonna immediately consume important resources with dubious payback potential) by stating "he's hurt, but he's STRONG." She really emphasized he was strong, as if she needed to convince them to take this project on. So, he needs medical help, but he's a strong B/gonna be a strong worker once well kind of an argument from her.

I'd have to watch the episode again, but didn't she have a bit of a pause before she answered whether he was an A or a B? If so, that would seem to point to the fact she is lying to them or covering for Rick by purposely mislabeling him in their system.

All 100% conjecture, obviously.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

A very interesting theory by Dragonracer. The helicopter people were requesting an A were they not? I was surprised when they landed for an injured B. Perhaps Jadis is pissed with these people and now sees Rick as an ally for wherever they end up.

6. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Don't remember if they requested an A or not. I think she had told them she had an A back before she decided to spare Gabe. Then toward the end she said something along the lines of "I never had an A, it's a B" or something like that.

I really need a copy of the script because she bounced around a lot between A and B and I can't trust my memory on it all. LOL

I do think you may be right in that she views Rick as an ally to help her wherever Helicopter-Land ends up.

7. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

My theory on A and B is that it still doesn't have a meaning, and Gimple's just gonna pull a flimsy one out of his ass when he needs to.

I would actually have liked it if Ann had a different storyline and stuck around. She seems like she wants to be a better person, and in saving Rick I guess she sort of is? Her motivations are still questionable, but given what we know I guess she has redeemed herself at this stage.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

What I know about the A&B thing for sure.

Ann said to Gabriel before she knocked him out. "I thought you were a B"

The radio guy said it would take an "A" to let Ann join them.

Ann had an elaborate apparatus set up to have a walker bite someone. First was Negan, then Gabriel. Both failed.

I have no conclusion on what A & B means but it seems it has something to do with being bitten. Otherwise why the zombie hand-truck device?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. PepperAnn

Yeah RIGHT when I start to like her..........gone. :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

In an interview with Angela Kang she sort of hints at what A and B mean:
    "They’re flying around helicopters in a time when there’s a lot of scarcity of other things. They deal in human trafficking. They have a code for people that they take in, A’s or B’s. It seems that the people who are marked A’s, such as Gabriel and Rick, are supposed to get some sort of a zombie bite applied to them perhaps." - from EW interview with Angela Kang

We know that when Jadis captured Rick she had him stashed in a container clearly marked "A". In this episode she states that she has a "B" thus she lies to the helicopter people. Not only does she save Rick from bleeding out she also saves him from what awaits those who have been marked as an "A"

I think she doubled up on redeeming herself!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Imagine how confused Rick must be - he is probably assuming he's having another dream when he wakes up briefly in the copter and he's like "really? Jadis of all people? Would be nice to see Michonne again...or I'll even take Lori..." :p

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

But WHY would they go to such lengths with their helicopter to get someone who has been freshly bitten????

You are all making good observations that that is what is happening, but it makes no sense.

Because it is Kang now, and she hasn't done anything lame, I trust it is going to be a good story, but I am so bewildered.

13. HungryZombie

HungryZombie Active Member

It doesn't make sense to me either but I can't reconcile what else Ann's elaborate walker traps could mean. I suspect we'll find out one day.

• Like Like x 1
  14. PepperAnn

Or some year. LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

If the helicopter people is really doing zombie experiments, this will be the 2nd time during all these years that scientific investigation is being carried out. The first, of course, is Milton.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. StaceFace

StaceFace Member

All very good points made in this thread. I'm still not sure what to think about the whole 'A' 'B' thing. Obviously there’s a difference between the two but what that is, is still unclear. What if Jadis just needed to get a 'A's' adrenalin heightened for the helicopter people? For an experiment/injection administered once on the helicopter. Maybe not actually get them bitten but threatened to be bitten by a walker and then suddenly see a helicopter?! That would certainly get my heart pumping!

Also, if she just needed anyone to be bitten, she had a whole group of people before she even joined Rick's group, were they not good enough to be 'A's or 'B's?

If it was a hierarchy thing then I would lean more to ‘A’ being a leader/shepherd and ‘B’ being a follower/sheep. Gabe is obvs a follower of his religion which would make Jadis believe he was a ‘B’ in society too, however he stood up to her and suddenly her perception was different – he was in fact an ‘A’. When it came to Rick I think she was saving him for a better fate. Maybe ‘A’s are more of a threat to the helicopter people and she wanted to ‘help a friend’ – I believe that much. Whether she has actually redeemed herself or not, I can’t decide until we see Rick’s fate.

17. Lindigo

You're not counting the CDC?

18. Lindigo

shepherd/sheep. were you an Orphan Black fan? :)

19. StaceFace

StaceFace Member

Haven't actually watched Orphan Black!

20. Lindigo

Oh, darn. I bet you would like it. :)