Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Has anyone ever sprained their ankle?

Discussion in 'Episode 603 - Thank You' started by Zombie_Rhino, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

So bad that they couldn't run/walk away from a herd of zombies if their life depended on it?

I mean, c'mon. I've sprained my ankle tons of times - and each time I can tell you with 100% certainty that I would have been able to get away from those zombies. I think the Alexandrians have a low tolerance for pain.

2. banito81

banito81 Member

LMFAO! Totally agree!!
    But this is so common in TV/Movies that I am not surprised at all.

3. PapSett

PapSett Member

Actually... when I was about 14, I was acting a fool and tried to broad jump over the drive way. It didn't end well. I twisted my ankle and came down on it completely sideways. Everyone thought it was broken, but it wasn't. I couldn't walk at all for days. So yeah... it's possible.

4. HurricaneKid

HurricaneKid Member

HUGE difference between rolling your ankle and getting a high ankle sprain. High ankle sprain is usually not weight bearing at all.

When I did mine everyone playing basketball heard the pop and thought it was broken.

5. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

I grumbled when she sprained her ankle. That's something that happens in every B horror movie. Its ok when you are Shane and falling while escaping the second floor of the school. That was a very plausible reason to sprain your ankle. But she was just running in the woods and oops now I'm doomed ya'll should just leave me.

6. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

It was like psychosomatic with whole group getting bad ankles at the same time.

7. Reflexx

Reflexx Member

Agreed. I got a high ankle sprain skateboarding. The whole right side of my right foot was blue, and that huge very blue bruise ran halfway up the right side of my lower leg.

I wasn't able to put any weight on it for at least 2 days. After that, I tied my high-tops super tight and managed to walk with it like it was a walking boot. It still hurt, but I could walk. I couldn't bend it at all though.

8. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

No. And neither has anyone else I've ever known. I've always thought that was ridiculous. The sports injuries make sense because of the huge weight suddenly landing on it, but the tripping thing is silly. Especially if you are in fear for your life and your adrenaline is pumping.

I do have a gimpy knee that very rarely gives out unexpectedly and drops me, but I can quickly get back up. Sometimes it also hurts enough to make me limp, but I could still limp away from slow moving zombies quickly enough. (rolls eyes)

9. Reflexx

Reflexx Member

You know, even with my skateboarding injury and not being able to put weight on my foot at all, it was just because of extreme pain. It wasn't like twisted ankle pain. It was excruciating.

But with that said, if there were zombies after me... I'd probably be able to run with a limp. Hell, if my foot was cut off and all I had was a stump I'd be able to run.

Preferable to being eaten alive. Especially when your crew doesn't want to shoot you in the head to put you out of your misery.

10. JFAN

JFAN Member

My hubby sprained his ankle so bad one time that he was out of work for days. Now he was dedicated to job, this was the first time in 7 yrs that he ever missed a day of work so I knew it was bad. Years later he actually broke his ankle and didn't stop working until after going to the doctor days later and finding out it was fractured. So it seems that sometimes a sprain can been more painful that a break.

11. Owl_at_Home

Owl_at_Home New Member

This is an interesting question. Once, just walking around in heels on an uneven lawn, I sprained my ankle badly enough that I'm not sure I could have run on it to save my life... the next day. However, it was fine until I sat and let it stiffen up for a few hours. I'm pretty sure if you kept moving on it, with maximum adrenaline, you could go for a while.
    I think they just needed a convenient handful of injuries to make the point about "we don't leave people behind, except sometimes you have to leave people behind." And they just fell back on an easy cliche injury: the pretty girl turns her ankle.

12. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

I hurt my ankle when I was about 11 even without spraining it and could hardly walk. It's a lot more painful than you think!

There always seems to be at least one person to fall over or sprain their ankle in these situations. Usually an unknown character, too. I was really sad for that girl though; I was hoping she and the man who was shot could make it back. Ah well...

13. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

lol :)

14. Zombie_Rhino

i can see that... but u were jumping and landing with all your weight on what was probably an uneven surface that caused your injury. Annie was just walking briskly/jogging when she came up with this 'severe' injury

15. Zombie_Rhino

again, i can see things like this happening. a buddy of mine did that as well and we had to go the hospital so he could get an air cast. still, he was jumping up in the air and landed on someone else's foot the wrong way. not running through the woods.

16. banks

banks Member

I sprained my ankle and it was ridiculously painful and swollen but zombies are strong motivators. I'm sure I would have mustered up the determination to continue on.

17. Reflexx

Reflexx Member

Group: "Run! Run! The walkers are right behind us! They're traveling at a blistering 1.5 miles per hour. You need to get up and go!"

You: "I don't know guys. My ankle hurts. If I run it will hurt more."

Group: "Then jog. Or hop! You only have to get 1 miles per hour to stay ahead."

You: "But that is pretty tiring. Then I'll have a hurt ankle AND be tired."

Group: "You have a point."

18. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

Yes, I have sprained my ankle so bad playing basketball I couldn't walk on it. I was on crutches for 6 weeks and had to relearn how to walk. If zombies were chasing me I would have be motivated to work through the pain.

19. Heamic08

Heamic08 Member

I've had a badly sprained ankle before and was able to walk on it, but it hurt really bad. Hurt it in volleyball. Was going up to spike it, and I came down hard on it. Not saying that anyone can walk on a sprained ankle. So, I would definitely be running if zombies were after me.

At a football game Friday night at my school, someone got hit by a car on a bike. They ran with a broken leg and broken arm and bleeding all over. It was pure adrenaline, of course.

Anything is possible!

20. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Even though the zombies are stupid, they used the old we'll cut them off at the pass trick to get in front of the group.