Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Has Father Gabriel changed??

Discussion in 'Episode 601 - First Time Again' started by BetterAngel, Oct 13, 2015.

1. BetterAngel

BetterAngel Active Member

I know Deanna told him in the premiere that he was wrong (about Rick and the group), and he agreed with her. Then he volunteered to help when Rick was having the meeting at the house. Seems like he's had a change of heart. But, do you REALLY think he's changed, or still just has his own best interests in mind? I'd like to think there is finally going to be some attempt to redeem himself. Then again, they could be trying to make people like him just so they can kill him off and we will give a damn.... Your thoughts????

2. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

The only thing he could change is Judiths diaper and I am not sure he can handle that.

3. BetterAngel

It really is a shame isn't it? How loathed he is? And I give the actor a lot of credit in playing that role so well. If I saw him walking down the street I'd want to punch him lol. I wouldn't but you know what I mean.

Also, if he has had a change of heart, at this point is there anything he could do to truly redeem himself for the things he's done?
    Jury's still out on that one to me...

4. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

I hate Father Gabe as much as the next person, but I do find it interesting that Dickolas and Carter were both accepted back into the group after attempting/threatening to kill other members of the group while FG is still shunned. At this point I accept that they are all there to be killed though, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

5. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

For me it seems I'd like the Gabriel scale to tip really far in one direction or the other. He's either truly redeemed and making an effort, or he's gotten so much darker that he's putting on a very convincing false front just to be able to sabotage and punish these sinners later on.

6. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I don't think I'd say that he's changed, but I think he's beginning to realise that the people he's with (who saved his life and kept him alive) aren't monsters. He knows he's no one's favourite person. Maybe he's starting to feel a little guilty over being such a douche.

Rick is such a racist.

7. VickGrimes

I stopped reading after you spelled favorite wrong.

8. BatmansHooker

[​IMG]
    See that little red dotted line there?

9. VickGrimes

I can't control your weird Aussie spellcheck. It says the same thing on my side every time you add an unnecessary 'u'.

10. BatmansHooker

There's nothing weird about it, though. It's correct. Your spellcheck is the weird one.

11. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

In the promo, Gabe asks Carl to teach him the moves. Carl is hesitant first but then agree. Maybe Gabe is beginning to change.

12. VickGrimes

Yo are so cte.

13. BatmansHooker

Vick, love, why do yoU hate the letter yoU so mUch? What did it ever to do yoU?

14. VickGrimes

Hooker, love, why do yoU insist on adding u's to words that exist jUst fine withoUt them? Obsessed, mUch?

15. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I think it was easier to accept Tara, b/c we saw her good characteristics before she met up with TG. With Nicholas & the Padre, we have nothing but their current actions and little snippets of their past that were less than stellar. FG has flipped the switch several times- I'm with you guys (ie I'm safe) they're the devil (I'm safe in Alexandria). I'll never trust Nicholas or Father Flippity Flop.

16. BetterAngel

I think Nicholas may had an epiphany after Glenn spared his life. I think I'll really believe he's changed if he saves Glenn from certain death by sacrificing himself for the greater good (that term comes up throughout the show huh?)

17. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Nicolas is a follower and he seems to take on the characteristics of whoever he's flunky-ing for. When he was with Aiden he was Aiden's mini me but having it out with Glenn did seem to give him an epiphany of sorts. Now he's trying to be worthy of the man who bested him but spared his life. At least I hope it's not an act, but god, he seems so sincere in wanting to get in Glenn's good graces again. He may or may not sacrifice himself for the greater good but at this point I almost believe he would sacrifice himself for Glenn.

18. Zombie Baby

Zombie Baby New Member

I wish they'd kill off the priest. He BUGS and is always acting weird. Also, lazy & timid & disloyal. Feed him to the walkers.

19. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

There is nothing they can do to rehabilitate FG after he let his congregation die, escaped through the floorboards, made people dismantle the safely barricaded door at the church, and then backstabbed slandered everyone to Deanna. No way to rehab him. Even if he sacrificed himself to save someone else's life, 99 percent would still be yelling, "YAY, HE'S DEAD!" No, I don't think he has changed or ever will change. If the scriptwriters want me to think he has changed, I will just give them the stinkeye and still wait for FG's well-earned death. Super acting in our world, rotten useless cowardly two-faced jerk in his world. Die, die, die.

About the whole "u" thing, except for the U.S., every single solitary English-speaking country on the whole planet uses that extra "u." It is the Eugene of the alphabet. Even when it serves no particularly useful purpose, it has an undeniable eccentric charm.

20. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

They're all different cases. If Rick had been beyond the walls with Nicholas he never would've returned with the guy. But even now Rick is unaware of what Nicholas tried to do. Carter is trickier because Rick recognizes that there is still a lot of uneasiness with the natives of Alexandria and his people, so pulling the trigger and going all Governor on Carter didn't meet his long term goals. He saw overall weakness in Carter and thought he'd meet his demise, which he did.

Father Gabriel is a more personal thing for Rick because they saved his life and kept him safe all the way to Alexandria. Then he turned on them, so he's seen as a traitor.