Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Has the hilltop colony seen Negan or not?

Discussion in 'Episode 611 - Knots Untie' started by R.V Walker, Mar 3, 2016.

1. R.V Walker

R.V Walker Member

Has the hilltop colony seen Negan or not? I thought they says they saw him kill a 16 yr old right off the bat. Then daryl perks up saying negan doesn't exist or to that effect? I'm a tad confused as to what approach is being taken..hilltop have it haven't seen negan?

2. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

Yes, they have seen him. Our survivors haven't. Our group is over confident saying Negan isn't a big threat considering they've gotten through so much already.

3. hellbunny

hellbunny Member

In the comics Gregory states after Rick encounters Negan that he didn't even know that he was a -real- person, so we could assume that they haven't seen him - he may have ordered the boy be killed or done it at the saviours camp

4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It was more ambiguous in the comics about Negan because no one had seen him. That added to some of the suspense when he was finally revealed. Not sure if that matters as much on TV with the general audience.

5. hellbunny

hellbunny Member

I was scrolling through Facebook and the channel that TWD is broadcast on here in Aus had a trailer for Monday (it airs at lunchtime because we are in future) and some people don't even -know- that someone is about to bite the big one or that Negan will make the Gov look like a kitten.

It is easy to forget that some of the future events aren't common knowledge to people who have a mild interest in the show.

6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

True. I liked how they've worked the comic elements in over the last two episodes. Jesus and Gregory are good fits for their roles, along with the way Hilltop is being portrayed. The Rick "What" scene was right out of the comics too.

They've also had so many half season arcs that had quick resolution that some people probably think the same will happen with Negan.

7. hellbunny

hellbunny Member

My Mum sent me a message today that just said 'What?' And I was like...the ****? Then the said she was catching up on TWD. It was so awesome.

I'm excited to see if Spencer and Negan have the same interactions that they do in the comic although Spencer seems to be fitting in really well to the family group. Which is a shame as I love a gutless wonder.

I have to keep telling myself to settle the **** down, we aren't even going to get to know the saviours and Negan properly until October - oh god hold me.

8. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

I had assumed that they had seen him come and kill that boy, but I guess I could be wrong. could be more of folklore amongst the Hilltop people at this point.

9. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

Jesus never said that Negan himself killed the 16 year old. He says that Negan is the head of the Saviors... that the Saviors showed up and that THEY beat the 16 year old boy to death. Had Negan been involved in the beating I'm pretty sure Jesus would have mentioned that a bat was used. So I think it is entirely possible that Negan has never gone to Hilltop which is pretty consistent with how they are treating the character. The producers said in an interview that we won't actually see Negan himself until the season finale. Also I think based on the language used it is implied that the group of Saviors that killed the boy is the same group that Daryl blew up. That head Savior said that they usually just kill a member of the group "right off the bat" and shortly after that he starts to kill either Sasha or Abe or both. Then Jesus uses that same phrase about the boy being killed, "right off the bat." Obviously this is some literal foreshadowing of Negan's bat but I also think Jesus is quoting what the Savior said before killing the boy.

Daryl's discussion with Jesus could be interpreted as his suggesting that Negan doesn't exist (the boogeyman) and the men just made him up to scare others into compliance, but it could also be interpreted as just suggesting that Negan doesn't have as many men as he pretends to. Jesus says they've never seen more than 20 and Daryl knows that he blew up almost that many, which might mean that he already took care of the bulk of his army.

10. hellbunny

hellbunny Member

I read an article today that said we might see Negan as soon as next week. I really hope that's the case because I am DYING to have him introduced, but I'd say if we do it'll only be his back or something sneaky like that.

I also got that impression from Daryls chat with Jesus, and Negan does refer to himself as a boogeyman in the comic, there is a fantastic cover which he is depicted in they sort of sinister manner, I can't remember which issue.

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Jesus tells the group that Negan beat Rory to death "right in front of us". So it appears they have met Negan. He just have come to the Hilltop.

12. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I'm not completely convinced that Jesus was referring to Negan when he said "he". He might have been talking about the leader of the Saviors who showed up at Hilltop.

No matter. Negan will appear sooner or later. But I think his real name is Wesley and "Negan" is just a scary pseudonym.

13. hellbunny

hellbunny Member

I'm pretty sure Wesley is a resident of the hilltop - but I'm not entirely sure my memory is a bit fuzzy.

14. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

No I really do not get that impression at all. Here is the whole conversation:

"Negan is the head of a group of people he calls the Saviors. As soon as the walls were built, the Saviors showed up. They met with Gregory on behalf of their boss. They made a lot of demands. Even more threats. And he killed one of us. Rory. He was 16 years old. They beat him to death. Right in front of us. Said we needed to understand, right off the bat."

The fact that he says the Saviors met with Gregory on behalf of their boss and that they beat him makes it look pretty clear to me that Negan wasn't there.

15. Neuropyramidal

I'll have to rewatch with closed captioning on, I thought he said 'he beat him to death'. But even if he said "they" beat him to death, its still odd that in the proceeding sentence he said "and he killed one of us". If they said 'they beat him to death', then they are probably trying to imply that Negan wasn't there, but they could have worded things better.

16. Neuropyramidal

Wesley was the 4th person that they saved on the road after the car crash. It was Harlan Carson, Bertie, Freddie, and Wesley.

17. runcornwalker

runcornwalker Member

If they haven't seen him they sure as hell know of him.

18. Kevin7

Kevin7 New Member

Maybe they're saying "he" because the saviors beat Rory to death on behalf of Negan's orders which doesn't imply his necessary presence.

To further expand, when Darryl calls Negan the boogyman, if Jesus had seen him the larger than life character he probably would have described the meeting. Jesus - "Dude walked in and was like 'Listen here you f#%king f@$kers, there's something you f#@king gotta know, right off the bat' and then he beat Rory to death with a bat." Even Jesus would have taken notice and used it as a warning to Rick's group for whom he has started taking a shine to.

#18 Kevin7, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  19. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

OK I don't even read the comics but I know that the comment "Right off the bat" probably implies pretty heavily that they did in fact meet Negan?
    Or at least his bitch Lucille!

20. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Actually based on some spoilers
    I'd rather they save his into for the finale to leave more of an impact.