Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Hell on Wheels

Discussion in 'Hell On Wheels' started by O Town Indian, Jan 16, 2012.

1. O Town Indian

O Town Indian Member

I really liked this show so far, and the season 1 finale just aired. What do you guys think about this show.

2. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

I really don't watch the period type shows although I did watch all of Dead Wood. I watched the first episode but it didn't quite catch on with me.I'll try watching the first season again when it repeats. What I watched was okay but then I lost interest here and there.

3. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I've always liked westerns, so I think Hell on Wheels is a good show.

4. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I just didn't get into it. I would only watch it when it had a WD preview in it, and even then I just started skipping it and watching the preview on Talking Dead.

5. EternalWreckage

EternalWreckage Active Member

What I've seen of it looks pretty good. I'm just not sure, like the rest you, if I'd really ever get into it. A show has to have something special to get me interested enough to watch. I'll have to see if this one does, if I ever get a chance to watch the first episode.

6. ldncalling

ldncalling Member

I quite often like westerns so I'd probably give it a shot if it ever shows over here, haven't seen anything though.

Eta: Since posting this I've seen it is going to be shown (on TCM) though all it says is 'to be shown in 2012'.

#6 ldncalling, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  7. O Town Indian

O Town Indian Member

It is a very hit or miss for people from what I understand, even I will admit it can improve

8. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

I really like oaters, so was intrigued with this show. Can't wait for season 2!

9. ldncalling

ldncalling Member

We're now up to about week 6 and though it took a while to get into I like it.

10. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I like spaghetti and splatter westerns. HELL ON WHEELS didn't hold up for me. Which was a shame because I really wanted to like it.

11. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

Is anybody else watching the second season? I thought the first episode was pretty good.

12. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I didn't get hooked when the show first aired, but I dvr'd the whole first season(and season 2 premiere) last weekend and i'm about half way through it right now. Trying to catch up on all of it for Sunday's new episode.

I gotta say....i'm loving it. I've always been a sucker for westerns and this one definitely doesn't pull any punches.

Really makes me want to re-play Red Dead Redemption, too.:Grin:

13. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

I really liked RED DEAD REDEMPTION, too. Heh.

Glad to see another fan of the show...

14. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

Yeah, I love it. I have watched it since day one.

15. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

I watched the first episode cause it had the dude from Monk in it. Then he died... so I stopped.

It was kinda boring to me anyways.

16. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I lost interest after the first couple of episodes when it first aired, but now that i'm going back and giving it a shot past those early episodes, it's really pulled me in. You should give it another shot and see if anything changes.

17. rabscuttle1

RED DEAD REDEMPTION was a damn good game. But if you guys like westerns y'all should watch Sam Peckinpah's 1969 THE WILD BUNCH starring Ernest Borgnine, William Holden, Warren Oates, Robert Ryan, Ben Johnson and Jamie Sanchez. The finest cast to ever star in a western. In my opinion THE WILD BUNCH is the greatest western ever put on screen. And with all that said, after reading some of the posts here maybe I should give HELL ON WHEELS a second chance.

18. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

For me, THE GREAT SILENCE is the best oater ever made. I like THE WILD BUNCH, though.

19. rabscuttle1

That's about a mute gunslinger right? If its the Italian western I'm thinking of then I like it as well. Haven't seen it in awhile, though. If I'm thinking of the right one. I also like VALDEZ IS COMING. Its not Italian but I like Burt Lancaster.

20. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

IMO, Sergio Leone's The Man With No Name Trilogy(or Dollars Trilogy, depending on your region) are the best westerns of all time. Particularly The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. That's not only one of my favorite westerns, but one of my favorite films in general. It never gets old....a masterpiece.

I've been surprised to see the western making a comeback these days. The Coen Brothers' remake of True Grit was great and Mangold's remake of 3:10 to Yuma quickly added itself to my list of favorite westerns. I guess we hadn't seen any true westerns since the nineties with Wyatt Earp and Tombstone(which is also a favorite).