Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Henry can never replace Carl

Discussion in 'Episode 913 - Chokepoint' started by cabcaz, Mar 12, 2019.

1. cabcaz

cabcaz New Member

Henry is easily the most annoying character ever alongside Morgan and Gabriel. Just can't stand the whinny annoying deluded character. Also he is not and will never be badass like Carl.

I'd be VERY HAPPY when gets killed off. Rooting for Alpha to wipe him away.

2. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

He is dumb for sure, but a lot more believable as a teenager than "badass" Carl was as a kid.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Sully

Sully Active Member

I'll never understand how people can hate the kids so much in this show for doing stupid kid things.

Going to whip out my BA in child development and psychology and do some teaching. It's honestly simple psychological biology. It's even how serial killers can be made. Experiencing trauma, at such a young age, has an adverse effect on the prefrontal cortex of the brain. That is the part of your brain that makes all the decisions. It's the CEO of your brain.

Even in a normal real world, the prefrontal cortex is the last thing that fully develops in our brains. It's why you can't drink until you're 21, and why you can't rent a car until you're 26. It's why our teenagers are constantly making bad decisions. It is their prefrontal cortex.

So circle that back to the trauma of this post apocalyptic world, and you have the perfect recipe for disaster...which is what we get with Henry and had with Carl. It's realistic, like it or not. If Henry acted like a normal grown mature adult with a fully developed frontal lobe, then it would be unrealistic.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

He is annoying and predictably making stupid illogical decisions. He is a hormone-driven teen. It will be ok. :) We all need someone to hate on some eps. haha

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. cabcaz

cabcaz New Member

@ Sully - Nah he is just downright annoying nothing can excuse this character. We have had teenagers i.e Carl and Beth and they are just all round better characters. Henry just grates me ever single time with his annoying tantrums if he does not get his way making his stupid decisions. Urggh - Alpha or Beta need to step up and finish him off.

We went from Carl to this? :(

6. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned Henry’s duckface and now that’s all I see. Lmao

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

It was me LMAO!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

First things first......

Get over it. It is done. Carl is gone, dead, kapoot, finito, buh-bye, adios, etc etc etc
    And if you cannot get over it then just stop watching. Problem solved, easy peasy lemon squeezy!
    [​IMG]

Jesus was killed off, but you do not see me yammering on and on about it and it has only been since the mid season finale and mid season premiere. And NO ONE loved Jesus more than this gal right here!

I swear, people sure know how to beat the proverbial dead horse 'round these parts.

Second....

Andrew Lincoln chose to leave the show. Angela Kang chose to implement a 6 year time jump. That 6 year time jump allowed us to skip over the endless episodes of grieving Rick, of searching for Rick, of dragging out his departure. Thank god for Angela Kang and that 6 year time jump. Even if Carl/Chandler Riggs were still part of the show he would not have been the right fit for the now Henry/Lydia story arc. Henry and Lydia are both about the 15/16 year old mark, still young enough to make hormonal angst based decisions. Carl on the other hand after the six year time jump would have been more around the 22 to 23 year old mark. Those same decisions would have now had no basis other than creepy AF bad decision making. Not to mention an even creepier AF age difference. And NO they could not have upped Lydia's age to meet Carl's because the abusive mother/daughter scenario would not have played out the same. It would not illicit the same emotional response from the viewer. Any sympathy we feel for Lydia has a great deal to do with the fact that she is still a child. Take that out of the equation and you simply have a female version of the Daryl Dixon back story.

#8 Dnae, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Great....just great. Now I have that image in my head....... Thanks ladies! !

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. PepperAnn

OMG how did I miss that????

11. PepperAnn

OMG WINNER WINNER WINNER WINNER

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. PepperAnn

Yeah I am smacking her too. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Finish this sentence;

If @Dnae starts a post "First things first..." _____________

:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. PepperAnn

WATCH OUT

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. PepperAnn

I just tell people to STFU. You school them. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. cabcaz

cabcaz New Member

What a load of baloney.

But wait you were a Jesus fan? That explains it all. He was another annoying character who rather than do the right thing always wanted to take the moral high ground even if it meant putting the group at risk. I cheered loudly when he was killed much to the annoyance of my GF.

Anyway, although Carl is gone but his memory lives on and burns brighter than ever because Henry reminds us how great Carl was. We are reminded what a brave and mature leader he would had been unlike the annoying temper tantrum cry baby Henry.

Also, I don't care about Henry / Lydia teenage love story. Its boring and looks like its going to be riddled with your typical Hollywood cliches. I am predicting Boy saves girl - they fall in love -one dies to save the other - the end.

Rooting for Alpha to do the right thing.

18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I said my piece......peace be with you #34

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. PepperAnn

Buh bye

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member