Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Hershel Greene

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by O Town Indian, Nov 28, 2011.

1. The Wolf

The Wolf Well-Known Member

That may be true [MENTION=591]Rapscallion[/MENTION] but I'm a Jon bernthal fan and I think he did a great job as Shane Walsh on TWD. He has the skills as an actor to become a big star as does Andrew Lincoln imo.
    I could care less about Shia LaBeouf who's nothing but a punk as far as I'm concerned.

2. The Wolf

The Wolf Well-Known Member

Its a great avatar [MENTION=51542]CheesyBirdMess[/MENTION]. Way better than the young annoying (at the time) Carl pic. :)

[​IMG]

3. Walkindeadchick

Walkindeadchick Well-Known Member

Thanks to my secret rep giver! :)

4. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

But he said DREET! and I'm about to freak out!

5. CheesyBirdMess

6. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

7. EK081585

EK081585 Member

8. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Put him in the barn and prepare the chicken feast[​IMG]

9. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

You step outside, you risk your life, you take a drink of water, you risk your life, you stab a cop's vest with a pair of scissors, you kill your life.. It's good that Hershel didn't live to see that, but I do miss him, a lot. And his death was the saddest.

10. CheesyBirdMess

Hershey lives!!! lol! @ Walker Stalker Con:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

It's a shame Mob City was cancelled, great cast, really liked it!

12. the walking jet

i thought scott wilson was the best actor on the show..

i found myself really annoyed with hershel when he was still in complete denial about the walker apocalypse..

but as time went on he became my favorite character..

13. Capt. Rhodes

Capt. Rhodes Member

The loss of Hershel was a blow that I don't think the show has recovered from yet. He was the moral compass of the Survivors and his grandfatherly age and wisdom was very reassuring. Losing an elderly man with the experience of a lifetime has detached the show more than ever from the pre-apocalyptic age, which I think is rather sad.

However, given Hershel's age and handicap - and the rigours of the apocalyptic setting - I suppose it is realistic to suppose that his days on the show were numbered, especially once the stationary habitat of the prison was lost and the Survivors were reduced to living on the road, even on foot.

There are two aspects of Hershel's demise that could have been crafted better by Gimple, in my opinion. First, I wish Hershel had been given a more heroic death; being decapitated at the hands of the Governor, to no real purpose, was very sordid and depressing. I think the character deserved better than that. Second, I wish there had been more visible grief on the part of the Survivors to his loss, afterwards. Here was a man who, out of his own beneficence, had provided safe harbour to Rick and his followers at great cost to himself, throughout the whole of Season 2. Moreover, at the prison he was like a guardian angel, providing medical care during the outbreak of the plague at great personal risk. There seemed to be a special father-son relationship between him and Rick. As such, losing him was extraordinarily poignant, and yet the Survivors seem to have shunted his memory to the past very rapidly and, I think, somewhat callously.

14. BetterAngel

BetterAngel Active Member

I agree with so much of what you are saying. Little did I know when I had to binge watch the first 4 seasons to catch up and be ready for the season 5 start, that I would be on a very emotional path. And to make it worse, as fast as Hershel came into my life as a fan, he was just as quickly taken away. It was awful. Looking back and watching that episode now, it's even worse! I know why it would be hard to have had him survive, but I would love to see how things would've went if he'd stayed. It would've been nice to have more time with him. He was/is a truly amazing character. Scott Wilson did him the best justice. I am glad, though, that he didn't have to see Beth die. That would've trule devastated him and I'd hate to see him so sad... People don't talk about Hershel a whole lot anymore, at least I don't think. But I think this thread needs to be revived for the sake of remembering. With all the crazy messed up shit going on in the ZA world our group lives in right now, it's important for the characters and the fans to remember people like Hershel. I would lose it if they brought him back in a flashback. I SOOOO HOPE they do that someday. It would be heartbreaking and awesome at the same time.....RIP Hershel! Good man, you were!

15. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

Sundance channel aired In Cold Blood this past Sunday night - I had completely forgotten that Scott Wilson played Dick Hickock in the movie!

16. tink

tink Well-Known Member