Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Hi, I'm an evil whisperer who will mock you as I kill you....

Discussion in 'Episode 908 - Evolution' started by yuke, Nov 26, 2018.

1. yuke

yuke Member

only to get blasted by your friends ten seconds later. Not impressed by these whisperers.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

I see your point, and it would apply if we weren't dealing with people who are clearly insane, with the wearing dead people's skin and what-not.

All of those Whisperers (at least most certainly the one who killed Jesus) were sent on a kamikaze run, I imagine to deliver the message for our people to back off.

3. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

At first I thought it was strange that they were so easily dispatched, but after rewatching it I think they just underestimated both the numbers of people and the skills they had.

They were following three guys, two of which were helping carry the third. Technically 4 if you count Daryl, but he broke off and they only followed Jesus, Eugene, and Aaron into the cemetery.

They killed Jesus leaving Aaron and Eugene, who was injured, and they probably realized at least one new person was trying to help open the gate. The one who killed Jesus stood there while the other whisperers quickly ran in to attack Aaron and Eugene. He was shot with a bolt by Daryl, who they didn't know was there, then the gate opened and Aaron, Michonne, Magna, and Miko joined in. So they thought they were attacking two men, one injured and ended up facing 6 people with swords, knives, a crossbow, and a bow and arrow. They may have seen the others on the other side of the gate, but even still they felt they had the upper hand. So I don't think they were weak, they were just outmatched and underestimated the group.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

^^^This is a great analysis. I yield.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Great analysis.

Add in the fact they (the Whisperers) also have more members within that herd (evidenced by the chatter after the first wave was killed by our group) and they definitely thought they had a huge advantage.

If Daryl Michonne etc don't show up they would've easily killed Aaron (which brings me to a point I'll make in another thread).

• Like Like x 3
  6. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Adding to the analysis above, the whisperers actually did not get a good grasp of the group. In the very beginning, they were pursuing Rosita and Eugene. They knew a guy was injured and then later they must notice this injured guy and the woman were separated. So, they were thinking of zeroing in on one injured guy.
    It was only then they discovered this injured guy is now suddenly with 3 other guys. This changing dynamics neither seem to bother them nor discourage them from pursuing at all.

I imagine, they must have a very high chance of success when they used this tactics to swamp over a smaller group in the past.
    I think, it will be interesting to see how they vary their tactics when they come against a larger group stationed within a stronghold (eg Hilltop).

Lastly, from the preview, it shows them (about 30 of them) standing outside Hilltop and meeting with Daryl. Maybe they come to realize that this Hilltop group is too tough and they come to offer a truce? After all, once their disguise method (ie wearing walker skin) is known, their biggest advantage is gone.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Yeah I could only imagine them coming upon a small group of survivors and as the group fends off the walkers they sneak up and stab one of them, injuring them enough for the walkers to finish them off then doing the remaining members of that group the same way.

That would be straight savage right there.

Their victims would be terrified.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Agreed, their biggest advantage is the element of surprise. That gives them the ability to ambush people, which only works if they have the numbers. They aren't using superior skill and technique they are simply ambush attackers. The tables were turned when Daryl came out of the shadows and the rest of the group busted through the fence and went on the offensive.

A mistake I don't think they will make again.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Thank you. That was a terrific description. I so distraught and freaked out, I went into radio mode and only took in a general gist of what was going on. Now I've actually "seen" it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I am not sure a herd of walkers is "efficient" in tracking and chasing a few loners on the run like Eugene and Rosita.

To track you need to communicate, and follow the trail. Two of three fast moving human, communicating in silence, through visual and hand signs, will be much more effective then steering hundreds of slow moving walkers whispering "don't let them get away" LOL.

Now if they are trying to crash a place, then having hundreds of walkers with human blending in coming from all directions with the element of surprise and initial shock will be useful.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1